• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DEEP DOWN - PS4 Exclusive, Random Dungeons+Monsters, Online Only play @ TGS

Derrick01

Banned
Trailer doesn't really show gameplay.

Don't know what to expect.

Random generation is good.

Always online is not.

Don't really have an opinion beyond this and don't know how anyone could.

I don't see how random generation's going to be good. Games that use that for their levels don't have good level design, they just have somewhat diverse levels and a lot of them. That plus Capcom making it always online it seems like it's a pretty cheap project graphics aside.

I feel like xbox "won" since dead rising 3 looks far more appealing and I'm not even very interested in it.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I have a feeling this will be a love it or hate it title. Not too excited, but I feared worse after the aug 1 teaser.

shandy706

Sony is aiding so platform exclusive.

Ah ok, that's cool.

It's an exclusive I'll keep an eye on then. The new news and the gameplay do nothing for me though. Looks very meh, as I'm not a huge "fantasy" fan unless there's a huge world that really draws me in (hated Oblivion, but loved Skyrim). Claustrophobic random dungeons is a huge turnoff in a lot of games for me.

It takes a special game to make me do dungeons over and over and over.

My interest in this one is up in the air.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I'm curious about the somewhat "meta" angle of the trailer. Is it going to be something akin to .hack or AC?

the only interesting thing about this development is that the setting can be completely changed up in the game. i wonder if deep down will be exclusively D&D style dungeons, or if it will jump around a bit more.

the only interesting thing about this development is that the setting can be completely changed up in the game. i wonder if deep down will be exclusively D&D style dungeons, or if it will jump around a bit more.

They also showed some futuristic locations, maybe your animus of sorts?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
They also showed some futuristic locations, maybe your animus of sorts?

yeah, but possibly even more then that. i assumed, like most i'm sure, that deep down was in reference to the underground nature of the games caverns... now though, not so sure. (though it could still be that and just have a double meaning)

ElFly

I don't see how random generation's going to be good. Games that use that for their levels don't have good level design, they just have somewhat diverse levels and a lot of them. That plus Capcom making it always online it seems like it's a pretty cheap project graphics aside.

I feel like xbox "won" since dead rising 3 looks far more appealing and I'm not even very interested in it.

I play lots of roguelikes so the idea of random generation does not mean bad design to me. Besides it adds to the element of surprise.

Bullza2o

Wow looks amazing! I might get a PS4 when this or FFXV comes out, whichever is first. I'm not really interested in its launch lineup so far.

not sure why people are mad about always-online. it adds another dimension to the game.

Probably because if I don't have a reliable high speed connection, it means I can't play the game.

At all.

Which I don't, so I can't. Goddammit I wanted to play this game.

Makai

Deep Souls.

It already looked similar to Souls at reveal, but wow it looks like they've gone all-in (and added Assassin's Creed story).

RoKKeR

Honestly let down by the visuals and the random levels. Could end up being solid but it's a far cry from what we got in the initial reveal.

I haven't yet to see a game with fully randomized "maps" with great levels of detail so I'm dubious what that means. Maybe only pseudo randomized with an "arena" style system connected by corridors. The online-only portion also makes me wonder about how well the detail will hold up.

velociraptor

I haven't yet to seen a game with fully randomized "maps" with great levels of detail so I'm dubious what that means. Maybe only pseudo randomized with an "arena" style system connected by corridors. The online-only portion also makes me wonder about how well the detail will hold up.
To be honest I think that is one of the reason why I don't expect the graphics to be that good in this game. It's randomly generated.

RS4-

Wait, is thekayle the same guy that shits up all the other ps4/xbox one threads?

Anyway, need more game vids; hopefully there's some sort of leeway with the online only stuff.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Just wondering why there's a problem with always online for this game? Was there a problem with Demon's Souls and Dark Souls being online?

Nemesis_

Just wondering why there's a problem with always online for this game? Was there a problem with Demon's Souls and Dark Souls being online?

Well, they were not always online. You didn't HAVE to play the game with somebody else (which hasn't explicitly been confirmed, but given the always online requirement and the promotional stuff we've seen so far it seems that way).

We'll know more at TGS, either way.

Derrick01

Banned

For me? Yes. I had to stay in the dead form the whole game just so no asshole would invade me and I didn't want to log out of PSN because maybe my friends wanted me for something.

Enordash

Not exactly sure how I feel about the randomly generated part. While we are comparing it to Dark Souls... I don't think Dark Souls would have been the same game if the environments were randomly generated. Everything was just so well placed and laid out in that game. That's part of what made it so gorgeous and amazing.

welp getting a PS4 I guess, although always online is kind of annoying as I like a good single player rpg, unless its like dark souls in which case that is fine

I can live with online only......but randomly generated.....................

T_T

The stars of the game seems to be the combat, so as long they have a lot and varied enemies each with different srrategy to beat, I'm okay with random dungeon, there's a merit with random dungeon in gameplay.

I don't quite understand the pissing match with Dead Rising vs. Deep Down. I think they are both great decisions for MS/Capcom and Sony/Capcom. Dead Rising 3 should cater more to the Xbox fan-base and Deep Down should do the same for PS fans. This is clearly Capcom designing games specific to the people they expect to play each console, and that's awesome.

Ok I thought this was a multi early on. After this conference it changes everything. Before people thought Xbox had more games cause they blew their load all at once at E3.

Sony on the other hand has been announcing new games at every major event. Now they have a lot more games announced with a lot more variety. People should not have underestimated them. It's Sony after all. Someone should compile a list of all ps4 games cause its pretty damn impressive. I hope most of the Japanese games come to the west.

IvorB

I don't quite understand the pissing match with Dead Rising vs. Deep Down. I think they are both great decisions for MS/Capcom and Sony/Capcom. Dead Rising 3 should cater more to the Xbox fan-base and Deep Down should do the same for PS fans. This is clearly Capcom designing games specific to the people they expect to play each console, and that's awesome.

Yes, I approve of both exclusives. Give unto Sony what is Sony's and give unto Microsoft what is Microsoft's. The last thing we want is two mirror consoles with all the same games on them.

Gbraga

Because when the servers go down the game is unplayable, if the go down for good you can't play it anymore.

I don't have a problem with online gaming, the game looks very interesting, I just wish he god an offline mode. They didn't even have to make an offline campaign at all, just give us the same shit but offline and we're good.

Top Bottom