• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DEEP DOWN - PS4 Exclusive, Random Dungeons+Monsters, Online Only play @ TGS

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
It's one of the few next gen games I've seen that genuinely looks next gen.
There's going to be a massive gulf between fully next gen games and cross gen games. If this is what they can do this early, I can't wait to see what this gen brings once it really kicks in.

Midou

True, but combat and customization are also big parts of it.

Capcom having done Dragons Dogma already means they have my support here. Intricate level design was NOT the draw there, just the above plus team based combat using AI. still VERY much worth a buy.

While not quite so intricate, the Dark Arisen dungeon they added was pretty great, a lot better in design than the rest of the game. I was kind of hoping with a name like 'deep down', it was going to be more like a constant dungeon but one with towns and explorable areas inside of it, kind of like the DA dungeon, but oh well, I'm still hyped.

Kane1345

It still looked great even off that screen in a stream. I expect proper HD direct feed footage to live up to the hype. TGS with playable code should give us a proper look hopefully

While not quite so intricate, the Dark Arisen dungeon they added was pretty great, a lot better in design than the rest of the game. I was kind of hoping with a name like 'deep down', it was going to be more like a constant dungeon but one with towns and explorable areas inside of it, kind of like the DA dungeon, but oh well, I'm still hyped.

yep. my point here was that even without the DA dungeon (which was pretty awesome) Dragon's dogma managed to be a really fun game while still being it's own thing and not a DeS/DaS clone.

No reason to assume Deep Down won't also be the same. This is a huge exclusive pickup, I think.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Few gameplay grabs from the Sony Playstation Life trailer. Lots of compression (YouTube video), but you can see how fantastic it looks. Can't believe how close they got for an online only game, and with such an early build.

DEEPDOWN4.jpg~original

DEEPDOWN2.jpg~original

DEEPDOWN3.jpg~original

DEEPDOWN1.jpg~original
Damn, they got pretty close to the trailer. Looking forward to some real direct feed footage.

Midou

yep. my point here was that even without the DA dungeon (which was pretty awesome) Dragon's dogma managed to be a really fun game while still being it's own thing and not a DeS/DaS clone.

No reason to assume Deep Down won't also be the same. This is a huge exclusive pickup, I think.

Yep, I agree. I'm really hoping they manage to keep that combat system at the very least, it would be silly not to. Out of games in this 'sub-genre', Dragon's Dogma is one of the few games where I was like 'you know what, I love this combat, it doesn't need to use Souls combat', like so many other action RPGs would benefit from. The weapon skill based combat was really different from Souls games which focus more on large movesets on individual weapons.

Can't wait for TGS hands-on impressions to confirm it one way or the other.

It's just a reveal so there isn't much to say. Better be lots of strategy and have dangerous ass enemies and environments like Dark Souls. Need expansive environments too, not just narrow dungeon hallways :). I can tell that the skills will be very good, no fears there.

my impression from that dragon battle pic is that this is more Monster Hunter HD with awesome graphic than it being Dark Souls 2.

jaosobno

What happened to the graphics from the first trailer? Did they have to be dumbed down now that there is no PC version?

There never was a PC version. And what's with all these people going into panic mode over this game?

- it still looks amazing
- it's online, so what? This game look similar to Demon's/Dark Souls. I tried to play Demon's Souls offline once. Only once. It was an empty experience with much less suspense
- AC series didn't invent "genetic memory", it's a very old concept

Looks absolutely great, but very far from the initial trailer.

Beeing an only online game, is much much less interesting.
No comparison to Dragon's Dogma o Dark Souls.

These games have handcrafted worlds, and extremely well crafted single player experiences.
Dark Souls mixes the offline and online gameplay in an unique way.

Here we're talking of random generated dungeons, with dungeon crawling and probably a combact system similar to Dark Souls (but I expect it to be way more arcade).

Rafterman

Banned
If I wasn't sold already this would put me way over the top on the PS4. This is easily the game I want the most from either of the consoles.

spekkeh

Banned
Randomly generated soulless moba?
Online only?
Final Fantasy elevator music?
Dream sequences?

Noo what happen.

4634293+_e2331b62010cdee57364b87f086a2426.jpg

(lol thank god people can't neg me on here)

Seanspeed

Banned
The music sounds ripped straight from FFXIII. This is one of those times where I'm simply baffled by how other people could like something I don't.

Hex

Banned
This will be fantastic, definitely the better of the Capcom two.
Sadly the exculsive confirmation will bring some rather interesting views all of the sudden changes of opinion.
Either way this completely reaffirms my day one PS4 buy.

Oh, good. I was worried that the acutal gameplay wouldn't look as good as the February demo. Not really interested in an always-online dungeon crawler though. :/

Majanew

Banned
The little shown of the fire from the dragon looked good, but the graphics are not anywhere close to that fake reveal trailer back in Feb.

I'm gonna get tarred and feathered for this but...Deep Down, The Division and Second Son are the only three next gen games that look next gen to me. The fact that it looks pretty as hell on such a crappy feed in multiplayer is just amazing to me. Always online is disappointing though.

yes, I have seen Titanfall

Melchiah

ill get a ps4 before the xb1 just to let u know...

still not impressed and i find the graphics are really differents from the first trailer..

still waiting a direct feed video to be sure of it..i could be wrong ..

I'd reserve judgment until proper HD video material is released, as it's pointless to compare the smudgy gameplay video to the pristine February video.

The end product could lack some of the finesse presented in the teaser, like Resident Evil 5, but I don't think the difference will be tangible.

What if Deep Down is a codename for Monster Hunter 5?

I'm going to Wait for the inevitable DLC that will enable a single player offline campaign using the Pantera engine.

This looks amazing. Online Demons Souls with next-gen graphics! YISSS PLEASE

Graphically looks just like what was shown in February from what I can tell.

Karak

Looks absolutely great, but very far from the initial trailer.

Beeing an only online game, is much much less interesting.
No comparison to Dragon's Dogma o Dark Souls.

These games have handcrafted worlds, and extremely well crafted single player experiences.
Dark Souls mixes the offline and online gameplay in an unique way.

Here we're talking of random generated dungeons, with dungeon crawling and probably a combact system similar to Dark Souls (but I expect it to be way more arcade).

Ya agreed. I will most likely get it day one but that is a pretty huge change from the trailer. Not that I didn't expect it.

Top Bottom