• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DEEP DOWN - PS4 Exclusive, Random Dungeons+Monsters, Online Only play @ TGS

Bradach

So we're POSITIVE this is a PS4 exclusive? It's just so weird it took until now to know.

By "Unique", they could just mean this version will have a custom engine (designed with help by Sony) to take advantage of the technology. You know, one of those "40% Better" versions.

I don't know! It's weird! Why didn't we know this was an exclusive sooner?!

I'm pretty sure SCEJ is helping with development so it'll have to be exclusive. You're right though. they should have been banging the exclusive drum for this sooner. Most people just assumed that it was a timed exclusive like everything else next gen!

Kuro

Well, a game like this has to be seen properly to be appreciated the way the devs intended. We can barely even see the combat well enough in the stuff available so far. I'm not looking forward to a bunch of dungeons in an online only game, though, unless the gameplay and other stuff really does look incredible. The gameplay is going to have to sell this game

hahaha Senjutsu trying to downplay a PS4 exclusive huh?

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
I am severely disappointed by the fact that there are so many online only games this generation. Titanfall, The division and now Deep down. I just cant get into multiplayer and like my narrative based single player games. If this trend continued, I will hate this generation.

i'm really excited for this now, the dragon fight looked so awesome and i kind of dig the semi-multi aspect. i hope there is decent character customization.

and no gifs for the 3 player dragon fight yet?

Kuro

Reveal: Pixelated Youtube video, dubbed by everyone too good to be real.

Second showing: Pixelated Youtube video, dubbed not as good as the reveal.

Yes, Youtube videos don't show the truth but comparing two Youtube videos is entirely possible. It looks like a step down. Still good, though.

To me the only noticeable difference is that the camera is actually in gameplay mode rather than that whole cinematic thing going on in the initial reveal.

Raymo

To me the only noticeable difference is that the camera is actually in gameplay mode rather than that whole cinematic thing going on in the initial reveal.

Basically. Although, it did look like some of the fire looked more like downgraded particle effects rather than the fluid-like fire from the reveal. The fluid-like fire might only come from the dragon, which we didn't get a good look at this time.

nib95

Banned
Obviously it's hard to tell from low quality video, but this new footage seems far closer to the tech demo footage than the previously released trailer.

Only differences I could really make out was less post processing (particles floating around in the light shafts etc), potentially slightly less texture detail (could just be the video quality), and lastly, less fluid dynamics on fire effects. Having said that, this is pre-alpha footage. And for all we know the differences could be down to the game now being online only as oppose to simply a tech demo, in other words, if it was a SP game, maybe they could have matched the tech demo almost exactly?

Kaako

Felium Defensor
I am severely disappointed by the fact that there are so many online only games this generation. Titanfall, The division and now Deep down. I just cant get into multiplayer and like my narrative based single player games. If this trend continued, I will hate this generation.
You and me both bud, you and me both. :/
Sony first party titles are where I'll get my SP campaign fix. Best of luck on getting yours.

Well, a game like this has to be seen properly to be appreciated the way the devs intended. We can barely even see the combat well enough in the stuff available so far. I'm not looking forward to a bunch of dungeons in an online only game, though, unless the gameplay and other stuff really does look incredible. The gameplay is going to have to sell this game

can senjutsu tell us again how he is looking at both consoles equally all while 99.9% of his post history are in threads about xbox one?

so salty.

Kum0

Oh man this looks insane!!!

Potential to be a truly epic franchise! Just hope the netcode is better then most Capcom titles :)

Reveal: Pixelated Youtube video, dubbed by everyone too good to be real.

Second showing: Pixelated Youtube video, dubbed not as good as the reveal.

Yes, Youtube videos don't show the truth but comparing two Youtube videos is entirely possible. It looks like a step down. Still good, though.

I can't tell if you're joking junior but we got direct feed the night of the reveal in Feb.

Salex

Banned
I wouldn't worry about that, its just a few games out of many. I expect at least 90% of next gen games to have some kind of single player. People only interested in online games now will have more options for high quality online gameplay/content.

Melchiah

what happen to the graphics?!?!? the first trailer was cg so??

i was excited for this game :(

Yeah, up until it was announced as PS4 exclusive, I imagine. I bet that was pretty much the same point when the graphics stopped looking good.

tensuke

Yeah, up until it was announced as PS4 exclusive, I imagine. I bet that was pretty much the same point when the graphics stopped looking good.

It'll be on PC too, so...

Edit: Oh, thekayle. Carry on.
And actually I can't find anything about a PC release anymore. Especially if SCE helped develop, I guess not.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
The game looks much better than I expected, but hopefully it's clear now that this is NOT Dragon's Dogma 2. It's an online only random generation dungeon crawler which runs on a very nice graphics engine.

Im curious if this is an experimental platform to try out new things, before seeing how they can work them into an actual sequel to Dragons Dogma.

Since its looking like the combat mechanics and camera work is similar to DD.

I dont know what the hell this is but im guessing you are playing scientist/doctor the New york future stuff is like a hub where you either helping or interrogating people by going touching stuff with memory attached to it.
The game itself will be a dungeon crawler with loot (did a see a chest in there?) and randomly generated dungeons. A big part of the game will be bringing your friends into your game to take down larger foes who will represent something you client has a connection to, like braking down the barriers of the minds protectionwhateverfuturestuff.

this is just a guess by the way. Anyway looking forward to TGS to see some more gameplay.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
So is Sony helping them develop the engine or just the game? It'd be more interesting if it's the former colab.

nib95

Banned
Few gameplay grabs from the Sony Playstation Life trailer. Lots of compression (YouTube video), but you can see how fantastic it looks. Can't believe how close they got for an online only game, and with such an early build.

DEEPDOWN4.jpg~original

DEEPDOWN2.jpg~original

DEEPDOWN3.jpg~original

DEEPDOWN1.jpg~original

Thrakier

I hope the framerate in the video is just because of low quality recording...Demon and Dark Souls were borderline playable in some sections.

TheKayle

Banned

ill get a ps4 before the xb1 just to let u know...

still not impressed and i find the graphics are really differents from the first trailer..

still waiting a direct feed video to be sure of it..i could be wrong ..

Top Bottom