• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Defend Your Castle(WiiWare) screens! Actually looks better than the free flash game!

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
A Telltale series, LostWinds, FFCC: My Life as a King, Defend Your Castle... I hope they're not all there day one, otherwise I'll end up buying them all together.

I should start cleaning my fridge. :(

Alaluef said:
A Telltale series, LostWinds, FFCC: My Life as a King, Defend Your Castle... I hope they're not all there day one, otherwise I'll end up buying them all together.

I should start cleaning my fridge. :(

Just get rid of the 6 egg cartons in there.

jasonng

The game got me with the new pit of conversion. Co-op might come and bite me in the rear though. No one can defend the castle better than I can!

loosus

Banned
There should be some rule against putting an option for viewing credits in games. I'm not sure why, but there should be.

I hope they add a bit more depth to the gameplay (Maybe picking up bricks and other objects to drop on enemies and squash them :D) it's a bit too limited in the Flash game, even at 500 points.

That being said, the original Flash game has a nice concept and just needs to be fleshed out a bit, the art style is nice too!

jasonng

Nuclear Muffin said:
I hope they add a bit more depth to the gameplay (Maybe picking up bricks and other objects to drop on enemies and squash them :D) it's a bit too limited in the Flash game, even at 500 points.

That being said, the original Flash game has a nice concept and just needs to be fleshed out a bit, the art style is nice too!

I agree, I'm replaying the flash version and it gets a bit boring when you reach to the point where the castle can defend itself (which is around level 14 or so). I have the game on autorun as I type this.

Nicktals

Banned
jasonng said:
I agree, I'm replaying the flash version and it gets a bit boring when you reach to the point where the castle can defend itself (which is around level 14 or so). I have the game on autorun as I type this.

Yeah I was about to post the same thing. This is my first time playing the game, and I don't even have to do anything. Little boring. They need to add more enemy types (do any new ones come in after level 30 in the flash game?). I'll probably still buy it, because of co-op. Do we know if this is onlne co-op, or only offline?

Ramune

Not a port as well as a fresh coat of paint that's very imaginative and goes with the theme of the game? I'm liking what I see.

"hElth" indeed :lol

Father_Brain said:
The art style is brilliant, but the camera seems to be zoomed in a bit too close.

I agree with this. Seems zooming out a bit would allow more to fit on the screen without being claustrophobic.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Amir0x said:
When they release a HDD.
Miyamoto: Have you seen the WiiWare sales? They're not buying that many games.

Iwata: Well if they're not buying, then why release that hard drive we were going to unveil tomorrow? They don't need space they won't use!

Crushed said:
Miyamoto: Have you seen the WiiWare sales? They're not buying that many games.

Iwata: Well if they're not buying, then why release that hard drive we were going to unveil tomorrow? They don't need space they won't use!

:lol

:|

:\

:(

Jiggy

Magique said:
For 500 point one could either buy this awesome-looking piece of software or an old and forgotten C64-game. Seriously, Nintendo needs to change those prices.
I don't know about C64's library, but a decent number of NES games are highly recommended for that price. Same for the (non-CD) TG16 games that are only 100 points more.
Edit: But yeah, after actually combing through that entire stickied thread, C64 should be lower. :( I think I found like two C64 games I'd actually pay 500 points for, and they both begin with "Turrican."

Amir0x said:
Will buy.

[...]

When they release a HDD.
The lack of hard drive is leading me to semi-boycott Wii disc games instead. Just can't bring myself to skip the downloadable games when right now they either are (VC) or are looking to become (WiiWare) something about Wii that I'll appreciate more by far.

Amir0x

Banned
i mean i hear you I'm just... well... what specific thing reminded you of LBP? I'm trying to see it is all, it's even a different dimension.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Amir0x said:
i mean i hear you I'm just... well... what specific thing reminded you of LBP? I'm trying to see it is all, it's even a different dimension.

The classroom art materials look. Construction paper and all that.

The Hermit

The use of objects as a way to represent graphics...

I dunno, the only game that I know that has something like that is LBP... maybe I´m stretching.

Amir0x

Banned
Baiano19 said:
The use of objects as a way to represent graphics...

I dunno, the only game that I know that has something like that is LBP... maybe I´m stretching.

Well anyway when you say 'art style', you were talking about a very specific thing, I just wasn't looking at it that way is all. Most things in LBP are made of cardboard it seems. Things are colored with crayon or something. I guess the way they use crayon is similar to the flat textures/art you can apply to the walls, but you can of course apply everything to the walls. Pictures of penises, for example.

Amir0x

Banned
I was thinking back to games that had a 'everything art construction' look, but I only came up with a handful. Yoshi's Story is one! That game sucked, but the art style was rad. This game doesn't look much like that either though.

Haunted

meh. I don't like those Tower/Castle Defense games that much. :/ Looks unique, though.

Amir0x said:
I was thinking back to games that had a 'everything art construction' look, but I only came up with a handful. Yoshi's Story is one! That game sucked, but the art style was rad. This game doesn't look much like that either though.
Yeah, this one here does its own thing, I guess.

Amir0x

Banned
Haunted One said:
meh. I don't like those Tower/Castle Defense games that much. :/ Looks unique, though.

Yeah, this one here does its own thing, I guess.

Yes I like this style a lot, but it's unique so I didn't really see the similarities. Now that sp0rsk/he elaborated, I can see why they used it - as far as 'art construction' goes, there really is a limited selection of things to compare it to.

_PM

MisterHero said:
:eek:

looks like one of the best $5 offerings on wii or vc

Yeah, I algo think this is a good price. Now, sell the new Dr. Mario for the same amount Nintendo...

Proven

I was sold on the 4-player Co-op plus $5 price tag.

The art style just makes me laugh. I'll enjoy this.

PantherLotus needs to make a WiiWare thread now.

Top Bottom