• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Announced

A.E Suggs

I'm kinda mad that the first few poster neglected to mention the Valkyria chronicles stage. Also kinda angry none is mentioning sega characters like this is only a Dengeki only showdown. I didn't even know what dengeki owned or that I've even seen any of their anime until I googled it. I've seen Accel world, Baccano and Durarara so hopefully characters from those make it

Didn't Dengeki release some Sakura Taisen related material a few years back?

Why does it matter when this game will have sega characters anyway? I'm betting Selvaria is a shoe in and maybe Sands of destruction characters as well.

A.E Suggs

Hey, I totally mentioned this on the first page!

I said the first few posters, I didn't mean the whole first page. It took like 6 or 7 people for someone to finally say it. Granted everyone may not know what VC is but no one is really mentioning sega at all like they don't exist in this collaboration.

DiGiKerot

I said the first few posters, I didn't mean the whole first page. It took like 6 or 7 people for someone to finally say it. Granted everyone may not know what VC is but no one is really mentioning sega at all like they don't exist in this collaboration.

To be fair, calling a game DENGEKI BUNKO FIGHTING CLIMAX doesn't exactly scream also with SEGA characters now, does it?

Stark

Banned
To be fair, calling a game DENGEKI BUNKO FIGHTING CLIMAX doesn't exactly scream also with SEGA characters now, does it?

And the fact that 2 Dengeki Bunko characters were they only one's announced.

They are the only part that matters anyway.

Dambrosi

Banned
And the fact that 2 Dengeki Bunko characters were they only one's announced.

They are the only part that matters anyway.
And the fact that nowhere in the OP does it mention if there are any SEGA characters in it
though, since their backgrounds are there, there's a good chance that there are

Pikawil

Unconfirmed Member
On Sega's side, calling a game SONIC & ALL-STARS RACING TRANSFORMED didn't exactly scream "also with Disney and Valve!" neither, did it?

Stark

Banned
I'm expecting the rumored Mahouka anime is going to be announced on that date too.

Yes, that as well. It's pretty big (event) all around from looking at past years.

The timing of this game is especially great since DB is riding in the ++ with there label.

Hexa

TAKE MY MONEY. ALL OF IT.

I'm expecting the rumored Mahouka anime is going to be announced on that date too.

Oh goodie. All the technical magic stuff in the novels confused the hell out of me. Hopefully the anime's explanations are simpler to understand.

TreIII

Maybe we can expect the bulk of Sega characters that were in Project X Zone to be here.

Any more love for the likes of End of Eternity/Resonance of Fate would be certainly welcome by me. I'm still hoping Sega will give tri-Ace the go ahead to make a sequel after they finish up Phantasy Star Nova, after all...

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I have fun with Anime Crossover Fighters. If this can manage to be as good as Aquapazza, I'm sure I'd enjoy it a lot.

Though I don't know many of the series (haven't seen Shana, nor Index or Railgun...), but am familiar with much of the others (RECKLESS FIR- I mean, s-CRY-ed, Bacanno, DRR...)

I cant' say I would have recognized the Valkyria stuff at first either (so many anime have military factions that could have similar mecha), and I don't really expect a fighter named like this to have much of a Sega character focus. But if they do pull some characters in (Yeah, I'd play a 2D Red Ring Rico! Ha), I'd welcome it. Random "Shining" and "Sakura Taisen" series inclusions would make my day.

Is it possible
and I mean, with the slimmest of chances
that we will get some Spice and Wolf? Even if it will be just BG stuff.

That would make me pretty happy. Same goes for Oreimo

Stuff that was published by Dengeki that I would like to see something featured from include;

Sakura Wars
Oreimo
Index/Railgun
Durarara
Toradora
Persona 2
Spice and Wolf
Valvrave

Naite

Touma as an assist/support character? My hopes of the playable cast not being anything more than female main characters has dropped significantly.

Rhapsody

Banned
Touma as an assist/support character? My hopes of the playable cast not being anything more than female main characters has dropped significantly.

I'm pretty sure there's going to be some males. My predictions are Kirito, Accelerator, and Tatsuya at the very least.

Stark

Banned
I'm pretty sure there's going to be some males. My predictions are Kirito, Accelerator, and Tatsuya at the very least.

I don't know about that. I think it might just go this 1 Main/Support character per series. Would be neat though. But DB has a lot of series.

Rhapsody

Banned
I don't know about that. I think it might just go this 1 Main/Support character per series. Would be neat though. But DB has a lot of series.

If Kirito was Asuna's assist instead of Leafa, I would've thought that. Just seems too odd of a decision.

Still holding out hope just because of that lol

That would make me pretty happy. Same goes for Oreimo

Stuff that was published by Dengeki that I would like to see something featured from include;

Sakura Wars
Oreimo
Index/Railgun
Durarara
Toradora
Persona 2
Spice and Wolf
Valvrave

Oreimo! Yes! That two from my list. If only they would announce the rest :p
no chance on half of these

System mechanic descriptions from the recent Dengeki Online article courtesy of USD.

BASIC CONTROLS

The game uses an 8-way joystick and 4 buttons. The buttons are A (Light Attack), B (Medium Attack), C (Heavy Attack) and S (Support). Movement options are dash, backdash and double jump.

BATTLE SYSTEM

Support: S Button calls in support characters. The effect differs by character.

Impact Skill: A unique attack performed with A+B or ↓+A+B. The first hit has a guard point, so the move can be used as a counterattack. Many are also effective as part of combos and can be used like a special move.

Kirifuda (Trump Card): Pressing B+C unleashes a powerful attack that consumes 1 lightning mark. Many of these attacks have invincibility during start-up or function as overheads, so they are very easy to connect and also have high damage. While they primarily are counterattacks, they can also be used as a finisher. Each side starts with 2 lightning marks at the beginning of the battle, regaining 1 mark at the start of a round. The maximum count is 2.

Blast: Pressing A+B+C consumes the Blast icon while activating various effects. When used while taking damage it acts as a combo breaker, but from a normal state it boosts the character’s ability. When used during a combo it launches the opponent straight upwards, allowing for a follow-up as they descend. The Blast icon regenerates after a fixed amount of time.

Extend Action: Performing a normal or special attack and holding the button will change the move. What techniques change varies by character.

Potential: A unique skill possessed by each character. They activate when certain conditions are fulfilled, e.g. “Damage is boosted when health is low”. Each character has a number of hidden conditions.

Climax Gauge: The super gauge. The meter fills when performing actions like attacking and guarding, but also automatically builds when doing nothing at all. Up to 5 bars can be stocked. Other than super attacks, the gauge is used for special attacks such as EX special moves.

EX Special Move: Performing a special move with the S button consumes 1 bar of Climax Gauge while unleashing a more powerful version of the move.

Climax Arts: Super moves, which consume 2 bars of the Climax Gauge when activated. Each character has 2 Climax Arts.

Reflection Guard: Pressing any button during a guard pushes back the opponent while consuming a small amount of the Climax Gauge. Use when pressured by the opponent to create space.

Quick Combination: A combo automatically performed by pressing the A button repeatedly. A → B → C → Impact Skill → (when meter is available) EX special move does a basic combo.

Sounds like a combination of Persona 4 Arena and AquaPazza.

jbug617

Banned
James Xie (@xieplus) is at the loketest for DFC and he is putting impressions on twitter.

Shana kind of reminds me of Linne so far. She has a similar fire crescent slash move, except it travels full screen. Also flame wheel slash.

Asuna has a sekkajin looking move, except it's all thrusts. She also has wolf cannon looking moves, but they are sword thrusts too.

Asuna's assist is this summon that makes a huge tornado. One of Asuna's supers reminds me of Wolverine's level 3, even has the X, lol.

Wait, you can pick other people's assists?! Mikoto player is using Kuroneko's assist.

Mikoto's normals seem short, but they all have electricity on them. She has a move where she kicks a vending machine!

Kirino reminds me of Hisui from MB mixed with Catherine from Chaos Code. She transforms and changes outfit and tools for each attack.

Otgs in #DFC look the most like MB so far, you kind of stay in place without being lifted off the ground.

Kirino has a super where she drops a UFO catcher on you, then it goes to first person and the crane destroys you.

Kuroneko's assist is a bunch of rose petals that go out then upward. Willhelmina is like a tracking move that traps you in the cloth.

The backgrounds are pretty decent looking, mostly 3d polygon stuff like in UNI... Wait, is that a Valkyria Chronicles level?!

Mikoto has a move that suspends her midair via magnetic debris. Of course she has a railgun super though the sprite looks pixelated!

Pushblock looks very strong right now. In this version it seems you can airblock anything, but it's still quite early.

Boogiepop

Man, Kino and ESPECIALLY Boogiepop better make it in (Boogiepop will never make it into a videogame and I'll be forever sad :()

Top Bottom