• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 - European Dead Zone (EDZ) gameplay

If Nightstalker isn't in this game, I'm going to be super salty.

A lot of people will.

Holding back subclasses that we're in the original for dlc later on on D2 will be a backwards move. If anything dlc for D2 should include a 4th subclass for each race.

Physical or digital plz halp me decide

Went digital for first game and imo it was a great choice. Destiny is a game I want ease of access too because of how many hours I will be putting into it. Most of my multiplayer/co-op game purchases are digital though.

phen0m24

Physical or digital plz halp me decide

I'm still deciding between the limited edition at Gamestop or digital w/ expansion pass. Someone help us!

With digital you never have to put a disc in/take it out of the drive or put any stress on the blu-ray drive. It pre-loads. I mean, unless you'll be getting a discount from something like GCU and that's more valuable to you...

Digital all the way

RE: Third subclasses

Bungie has very coy about whether or not they are in the game. There hasn't been a straight up confirmation or denial as far as I know. The dream is alive!

Philtastic

I will preface this by saying that I know nothing about Destiny 1 or 2. Although a pretty looking game, this looked really boring. It looks like it's mostly just a straight up shooter with MMO-like quests and loot. Is the story particularly good or are their some gameplay mechanics that I'm missing here?

phen0m24

I will preface this by saying that I know nothing about Destiny 1 or 2. Although a pretty looking game, this looked really boring. It looks like it's mostly just a straight up shooter with MMO-like quests and loot. Is the story particularly good or are their some gameplay mechanics that I'm missing here?

Phil this is just a patrol area. This is neither a strike nor a raid, which are high level events. The raids are usually what the die hards look forward to the most. :)

Kurumi

shaq.gif

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Liking the area faction rep. I hope Devrim Kay is a little more than a stationary rep vendor.
In one of the media trailers for presentation back in May he was presented as if a part of the story at least when you get to the EDZ so there’s that. My interpretation but maybe there’s hope?

Philtastic

Phil this is just a patrol area. This is neither a strike nor a raid, which are high level events. The raids are usually what the die hards look forward to the most. :)

Okay, so the comments that I'm seeing saying that this video is hyping them up is more because the gunplay and graphics look solid rather than for the particular content and gameplay being shown. I was a bit confused by that.

You get a full super for activating the flag for the Cabal patrol.

Okay, so the comments that I'm seeing saying that this video is hyping them up is more because the gunplay and graphics look solid rather than for the particular content and gameplay being shown. I was a bit confused by that.
We'll patrol was pretty lacking in D1 for the most part. This looks a lot better then D1 patrol.

Kurumi

Slow down my friend. This might very well be from some kind of test environment without caps. Wait for confirmation!

Seriously if they didn't do something about that glimmer cap and it's the same as in D1 then that's a big "WTF Bungie" from me. There is no reason the cap can't be more than 25k in Destiny 2.

Nodnol

My hype mode has just over-loaded.

I was hyped as it was, to the point of almost making things worse for myself.

This has me more excited than ever.

Seriously if they didn't do something about that glimmer cap and it's the same as in D1 then that's a big "WTF Bungie" from me. There is no reason the cap can't be more than 25k in Destiny 2.

Even if they raise the cap, they could just make everything 2-3x more expensive to cancel it out lol.

Wow that looks really good. Why wouldn't Bungie want people to see this? It looks unlike anything we've seen before. It looks good.

I really hope there are more enemy types, but that video isn't encouraging. I'm guessing it's just the same ones as the last game, which I got sick of seeing

Gragen

I have a feeling that this video is going to be shown officially this week. There is no reason that it shouldn't be. Thankfully the average gamer isn't hitting refresh on GAF all day long so it will be new to most when/if it is released.

hydruxo

You're telling me you didn't enjoy farming Exclusion Zone and VoG Gatekeepers on a loop for glimmer???

:)

RE: Third subclasses

Bungie has very coy about whether or not they are in the game. There hasn't been a straight up confirmation or denial as far as I know. The dream is alive!

Yeah, wtf is up with the secrecy regarding each classes 3rd subclass? What fucking sense does it make not to tell us? Only pisses me off TBH, because I'm naturally going to assume the worst due to their secrecy about it.

God, Bungie and their decisions.

Foxxsoxx

It looked okay. Hopefully it's more fun to play than to watch. The interstate looked cool and it was really strange seeing an actual friendly NPC in patrol.

I'm way more interested in the story missions. Patrol is only fun for a little while and gets old quick, doubt this will be an exception. At least they did improve it.

Destiny 2 - European Dead Zone (EDZ) gameplay

Alt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLPLgyLhhPg

A bit disappointed by Adventure if it ends up being exactly like this in the game... It's just Patrol mission with some voice over... Won't complain, but I was expecting something else for this.

Huh, did we watch the same thing there? It had a pretty signifigant mechanic of slamming guys with an energy ball, multiple steps and conflicts, then doing the energy ball mechanic in a larger setting.

Looked real good :) On the map there were like 4 adventures right next to each other.

hydruxo

Yeah, wtf is up with the secrecy regarding each classes 3rd subclass? What fucking sense does it make not to tell us? Only pisses me off TBH, because I'm naturally going to assume the worst due to their secrecy about it.

God, Bungie and their decisions.

Could be that it has to do with reclaiming your light in the campaign, and you get the 3rd subclass towards the end of the story. All speculation on my part, but it would make sense why they've been cagey about confirming/denying a 3rd subclass.

Top Bottom