• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2: Fall 2017, new geographies/audiences, for core/casual players, story focus

gatti-man

I have a great gaming PC but if Sony gets exclusive content again I'll buy a pro just for destiny 2. I'm also scared the PC crowd may not embrace the DLC heavy model that is Destiny.

Anno

I have a great gaming PC but if Sony gets exclusive content again I'll buy a pro just for destiny 2. I'm also scared the PC crowd may not embrace the DLC heavy model that is Destiny.

Why would you be worried about that? PC is probably the platform I most associate with being willing to continue shelling out for more content in a single game. Freakin' EverQuest still gets a yearly expansion I think. Paradox has been doing great by making drip-fed expansions their entire development business model.

jelly

I'll believe it when I see it. Bungie are good but they rarely if ever match promises. Proof in the pudding.

Toni

2007 is back.. 10 years later

Halo 3
Mass Effect
Super Mario Galaxy
Rock Band
Call of Duty 4
The Orange Box
Bioshock

that year was fucking stacked.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy as well for Fall 2017 release.

Its a full game release with all of Naughty Dog's glory.

Another rush job. GG Activision

Jason has a point tho. Bungie is the slowest working dev I've ever witnessed on a community driven game.

but it's not a rush job???? why do people keep saying this shit

it already got delayed for a whole YEAR and before that it'd been in development for a good 2-3 years with over 1000 people and MULTIPLE studios working on it

it's not anything close to a rush job

Lord have mercy, how much money is Valve going to make off Destiny sales? Its going to be yuuuuuuge.

To be fair I can see see Activision launching Destiny with a standalone launcher, bypassing Steam. They're big enough for that, and most of the top earners of PC gaming aren't even on Steam at all.

Tovarisc

To be fair I can see see Activision launching Destiny with a standalone launcher, bypassing Steam. They're big enough for that, and most of the top earners of PC gaming aren't even on Steam at all.

Leverage relationship with Blizz and get Destiny 2 into B.Net Launcher? :D

League of Legends, Blizzard games, what else?

2015, but still
s6CfN04.png

Only 2 of these are Steam exclusive. The rest has been doing that well without Steam at all. Activision could easily launch Destiny 2 without Steam.

Dabi

Might have to bite after seeing how a Bungie game looks like on current gen without having the constraints of last gen holding them back.

You're out of your element. No one who actually understands Destiny raids wants this, and it won't happen.

I don't see them doing raid MM but I can see them doing in game LFG or something like that. They want to be more casual with D2 so they will copy other MMOS with in game lfg. Maybe something at the tower or another social area where people can team up with ease.

soqquatto

You're out of your element. No one who actually understands Destiny raids wants this, and it won't happen.

Yeah, lfgs take no time to use. They only people that want this are those that underestimate how incompetent the average player is.

just as I can hop on destinylfg and find a ragtag group of players for a random raid, I can theoretically use a matchmatking system. nothing prevents the existence of matchmaking AND the possibility of putting together your group with your friends. just like in World of Warcraft, it started without any kind of matchmaking and now there's matchmaking for dungeons and raids. there's no need to be elitists.

FingerBang

Not sure if already posted,

here is the Destiny part of the call:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1U1-Inu5sc

Thanks for the link. They say it should release this fall, like everyone expected. Probably September.

Focus on Story, made it more accessible for casuals without sacrificing the core game. More contents.

I am in indeed.

Bullshit. Give me matchmaking INSIDE the damn game. I don't want to wait for my friends to play, I want to be able to play with random people without having to go on an external website. You people who "get the game" should stop speaking for everyone else. I have hundreds of hours in Destiny and it's ridiculous I need to stop playing to find random people to play with. This does not only affects raids but all the other activities as well.

Matchmaking should just be an option you can turn off, so everyone is happy.

soqquatto

also, it's completely moronic to have a very important piece of your game play experience available only when you leave your game and use a third party tool or have to delve in a forum and having to mess with PSN user search and so on

GlamFM

Banned
also, it's completely moronic to have a very important piece of your game play experience available only when you leave your game and use a third party tool or have to delve in a forum and having to mess with PSN user search and so on

Also proven to be working very successfully.

Tomeru

I just need to complete several missions on hard, do a coupld of strikes and my y2 book is done. Been putting it off for a couple of months now, and depending on whether or not Bungie'll decide to add some special book, I'll be compelled to jump back in earlier!

A LFG board (with filters, level listings, times completed, etc) in your pause menu is one thing. Matchmaking is another. I'd support the former.

Nydius

I understand Destiny raids (And also HL raids in WoW), and i want some kind of raid matchmaking ingame.

Ditto.

Bungie would do well to take a page out of Blizzard playbook and implement a LFR system, maybe even with the same design as Blizzard's LFR, meaning tuned slightly easier for matchmade groups with slightly less powerful light level loot. It's about getting the most amount of people to experience your content as possible to keep them interested and engaged, not excluding people based on a narrow set of circumstances.

If they say they want to be more social then matchmaking of some sort for raids has to be included.

The Firsts highlight was VoG. I'm not sure what broaden audience means. But I hope it doesn't mean a lack of focus on end game content.

I really hope Bungie makes that deadline I would hate for Activision to enslave the makers of Myth and Marathon. Still love what we learn from these earnings calls. It really amazes me investors will accept this little bit of information I mean if I had say 5% share in Activision I would demand like playthroughs of their latest I.P.s at shareholder meetings or exclusive alphas or does that actually happen? Anyone high up there with shareholder politics in video game companies? Should we start pooling a buy out of Activision so we can leak news faster?

anothertech

I used to raid in Destiny almost every week. The lack of in game group functions is utter bullshit.

Matchmaking in raids would be ideal. There would be nothing stopping the destiny 'hardcore' to continue grouping on websites like they currently do.

For some odd reason, a very vocal minority of the fan base wants to force everyone to do it the hard way though, and feel the need to Defend Destinys lack of raid matchmaking because it would 'just be too hard' for the casuals and would somehow ruin the game for them.

For some odd reason, a very vocal minority of the fan base wants to force everyone to do it the hard way though, and feel the need to Defend Destinys lack of raid matchmaking because it would 'just be too hard' for the casuals and would somehow ruin the game for them.
Like you said, it's a vocal minority, Bungie will probably add raid matchmaking / LFG tools in Destiny 2.

Top Bottom