• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny and Microsoft = Destinyfragrance .. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sony has name dropped Call of Duty a couple of times on their conferences in E3/Gamescom. This is the first time I have ever heard of a platform holder not allowed to talk about a game on their platform.

This site does mention that Destiny is a first person shooter on Xbox One, so it looks like it would break any silly rules anyway.

BokehKing

Banned
Funny but also sad. Microsoft already have exclusive advertising rights for madden, call of duty and battlefield I think.
Even the corporate head office is going through that entitlement withdrawal with destiny

That ad should read "ok... We shouldn't have tried to Tony hawk Bungie, if we didn't, this could have been a Microsoft exclusive, we screwed up"

red731

Eau de Salt, amirite.

mMsCl.gif

DAMN

LOL!

Although considering the whole Tomb Raider 2 schmozzle recently Sony could understandably reply with a Tomb Raider 2 will be on PS4* site lol

Forsythia

It's pretty clever. I really don't see this as desperate. And yeah, of course Destiny is perceived as a PS exclusive and MS wants to make sure people know you can play it on Xbox too.

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
Wait! MS isn't even allowed to mention that Destiny is coming to their systems? How far do these exclusive co-marketing partnerships go?

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
LOL!

Although considering the whole Tomb Raider 2 schmozzle recently Sony could understandably reply with a Tomb Raider 2 will be on PS4* site lol

You do know even though we can assume it will come out on PS4, SQ haven't exactly said which platform it will be coming out later. It could be only PC too. You can't run a marketing without knowing first.

Miles X

It's pretty clever. I really don't see this as desperate. And yeah, of course Destiny is perceived as a PS exclusive and MS wants to make sure people know you can play it on Xbox too.

This. I don't know how you could perceive it as MS being pissed, but people see what they want to see.

Damn, couldn't get in and enjoy the clever marketing before all the "they're desperate they're desperate!" bombardments.

DeviantBoi

So what prevents them from advertising that the game is coming out on their console? Couldn't they have made an ad for the XBone that prominently mentioned that Destiny was coming out this month?

I understand the advertising deal between Activision and Sony, but what contract prevents advertising from Microsoft?

Xater

Wait! MS isn't even allowed to mention that Destiny is coming to their systems? How far do these exclusive co-marketing partnerships go?

They can't do ads with it. Same happened with COD all their ads are just about Xbox. It's not a new thing at all.

tuna_love

Banned
So what prevents them from advertising that the game is coming out on their console? Couldn't they have made an ad for the XBone that prominently mentioned that Destiny was coming out this month?

I understand the advertising deal between Activision and Sony, but what contract prevents advertising from Microsoft?
That same deal im guessing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom