• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny: April Update Preview

Melchiah

the stuff from last weeks stream was enough for me, this is all sandbox and crucible changes. unless you are REALLY into the nitty gritty of Destiny you wont be wowed this week.

The new quests and bounties are welcome additions, as those and patrol are what I like to play the most.

Namikaze1

Auto Rifles: Based damage for bullet hoses are coming down a bit
Based damage for low rate of fire ARs like Suros Regime is coming up

Hand cannon: Increasing ammo inventory

Snipers: Changes on zoom distance (RIP shortgaze)
Two additional frames of zoom time
Snapshot nerf (from 30% to 20%)
Stability is reduced a bit for snipers all around

Pulse Rifles: Based damage for guns like Spare change is coming up a bit

Fusion Rifles: blanket stability increase

Exotics
Mida Multi Tool: removing High Caliber Rounds
Less flinch

Suros Regime: spinning perk will kick in a little later (4 bullets later than usual)
Focus Fire got a range buff

Hawkmoon: Range got increased a bit

Last Word: Hip Fire boost got nerfed. Bad.

tebunker

Banned
So handcannons are still shit and now they killed snipers? Well fuck...

If it wasn't all the pr speak and feeling like he's talking down to me, he'd be fine.

Not sure about this. I've seen handcannons still used to great effect in crucible. So I'd love to know what you mean. Its no longer just equip TLW or Thorn and go off, but with the right rolls and skill you can still rock an HC to good effect

Namikaze1

Thorn: minimized DoT damage
Reduced duration of pulse

Ice Breaker: you will no longer get ammo from switching this to a different weapon (RIP IB switch tactic)

Namikaze1

Less ammo in the backpack for everything in everything (PvE and PvP)
Heavy will now drop a lot more in PvE due to changes above
Sidearms will no longer give ammo upon being switched out like Ice Breaker

LifEndz

Not sure about this. I've seen handcannons still used to great effect in crucible. So I'd love to know what you mean. Its no longer just equip TLW or Thorn and go off, but with the right rolls and skill you can still rock an HC to good effect

I don't even use last word or thorn. I was referring to the accuracy/hit box or whatever it is feeling off. As if I'm missing shots that should've landed. Range nerfs don't bother me, but feeling like I'm shooting at neo from the matrix kinda sucks.

93xfan

Banned
but I thought Destiny was dad?

Seriously though, lets see what this is all about. Been a little while since I've been interested in Destiny, hoping to see something that'll hook me in again.

I'd love to see your family tree...

Couldn't there be a way to balance a gun specifically for PvE and PvP? I feel like exotics should be awesome instead of kind of better than a legendary, plus all the balancing leans towards PvP and to hell with PvE.

Ashler

Every time I hear Bungie devs talk about changes they had to make to weapons, feels like they're saying "I dunno man, lests try this, maybe it will work?!"

Melchiah

Less ammo in the backpack for everything in everything (PvE and PvP)
Heavy will now drop a lot more in PvE due to changes above
Sidearms will no longer give ammo upon being switched out like Ice Breaker

What's the point of decreasing the ammo reserve in PVE?

tebunker

Banned
I don't even use last word or thorn. I was referring to the accuracy/hit box or whatever it is feeling off. As if I'm missing shots that should've landed. Range nerfs don't bother me, but feeling like I'm shooting at neo from the matrix kinda sucks.
I usually chalk that up to the way they designed MP and no dedicated servers etc. when i use an HC in pve I notice no issues but I have seen some of what your talking about in pvp, and I feel lik that is more due to connections and other garbage outside the sandbox that Bungie is not really addressing

Namikaze1

Telesto projectiles will no longer do damage to your teammates
Dreg's Promise is getting a buff
1k Yard Stare will have less bullets in the inventory now

Namikaze1

Heavy Machine gun is getting its inventory reduced.
Global reload speed buff for every single weapon
AR is getting a stability increase

LifEndz

I usually chalk that up to the way they designed MP and no dedicated servers etc. when i use an HC in pve I notice no issues but I have seen some of what your talking about in pvp, and I feel lik that is more due to connections and other garbage outside the sandbox that Bungie is not really addressing
Maybe that's it. Although I wasn't having problems with hand cannon accuracy prior to whatever update it was that nerfed hand cannons, but they've done so much tinkering with the network that maybe it is what you said.

Z3M0G

So as someone who hasn't played since the month TTK released, is there anything new (ie: content) that would make me want to come back in this update?

Is this getting a TTK scale DLC in the fall?

Finally nerfing that broken ass sniper meta. Hooray! Shame on anyone that relies solely on hit scan/auto aim snipers for kills in Crucible lol.

We aren't getting a free pvp map to 'replace' the terrible Cathedral of Dusk???

Namikaze1

Sunsinger:
- lower flame shield
- reduce flame shield frequency
- Radiance + Fireborn doesn't last as long

Stormcaller:
- super drains a lot faster now if spamming your lightning
- perk that adds an aura around does a bit more damage in PvE

Voidwalker is getting a bit of a buff

Top Bottom