• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny: April Update Preview

CLBridges

I see no problem with selling the gear at low level and one deciding whether to infuse up or not. Just not a big deal to me. Overall, nice update and I await next week to see and hear about the crucible update.

Dat Shadow Price though, one of my earliest legendaries I stuck with, cool to see it back and hopefully this leads to all y1 being brought back.

SgtCobra

As with previous updates, it seems Bungie has started showing off exotics on instagram. Though without notice. Chances are we'll get a new exotic every 30-60 minutes.

The first being the Queensbreaker bow:

https://www.instagram.com/destinythegame/
Nice, don't think they'll showcase any NEW exotics though :(

At last!

It just doesn't feel like a proper Destiny thread without someone stopping by to tell us how glad they are to have quit playing.
So glad I stopped playing 3 hours ago.

I'm happy with the update this far. Fusing seems to be more streamlined. Which is great. No more going to websites to calculate the % I'm getting upgraded for.

Klyka

Banned
I'm sure I'll get a couple hours of entertainment out of this patch,even if the whole "buy boxes!" thing doesn't really jive with me.

Raven117

Basically my feelings on it. I think the biggest thing is just accepting this is what Destiny is. It's not going to be a different game just because people want it to be. It's a really pretty, great playing game with okay content supplemented by a million treadmills designed to stretch out that content. Adding more treadmills is pretty much all they can do at this point given the content development disaster Kotaku illustrated last year.

Yup, you are right. Its just really apparent now.

I love the game, but I refuse to spin wheels because Bungie says so.

I will play the game = to the amount of new content they have delivered. A few missions and PoE? I'll run it for about 2 weeks and shelf it. Chase y1 weapons that I already had and likely still have in my vault because I kept all my awesome y1 stuff? Nope.

Not picking on anyone who loves the game so much they will treadmill even when they have run the treadmill ragged . . . just not for me. Not with a lot of good games coming out this year.

Yup, you are right. Its just really apparent now.

I love the game, but I refuse to spin wheels because Bungie says so.

I will play the game = to the amount of new content they have delivered. A few missions and PoE? I'll run it for about 2 weeks and shelf it. Chase y1 weapons that I already had and likely still have in my vault because I kept all my awesome y1 stuff? Nope.

Not picking on anyone who loves the game so much they will treadmill even when they have run the treadmill ragged . . . just not for me. Not with a lot of good games coming out this year.

"I refuse to spin wheels for you Bungie! This is just not for me. I'll play for two weeks and THAT'S IT!!"

Such a fucking odd point of view.

Instagram.... T_T

Why not reveal on stream?

They kinda did. In this screencap from the stream, 4 of the exotics listed here have been posted on instagram, so it's safe to assume all the exotics in this picture will have year 2 versions.
h7xWktH.png

someday

Banned
TDYK was a decent HC for PvE, but outclassed by the fatebringer in almost every way. IMO it was just a nice feeling HC with decent stats. Nothing too special.
It was my goto gun and I loved it until the exact moment that I got a Fatebringer. Never touched it again. Still a great weapon since no Fatebringer as long as they don't change it.

NastyBook

I never got to try out The Devil You Know. I hope it's as good as everyone said it was :)
Most Handcannons are buttcheeks now, so unless they adjusted the stats from the Y1 version, you're not gonna have a lot of fun. Would've loved coming back to Destiny and upgrading my Y1 Badger CCL. Rolled Outlaw and Firefly on that badboy.

They kinda did. In this screencap from the stream, 4 of the exotics listed here have been posted on instagram, so it's safe to assume all the exotics in this picture will have year 2 versions.
h7xWktH.png

YES! Lord of Wolves!!! I loved that gun! We should be able to get it from the collection right?

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Basically my feelings on it. I think the biggest thing is just accepting this is what Destiny is. It's not going to be a different game just because people want it to be. It's a really pretty, great playing game with okay content supplemented by a million treadmills designed to stretch out that content. Adding more treadmills is pretty much all they can do at this point given the content development disaster Kotaku illustrated last year.
We'll get to the end of the treadmill marathon one day my friend and then we'll hop on the new red 400 horse power treadmill with cup holder that is destiny 2 and all will be well

blamite

Nice, Y2 Lucky Raspberry. :D I really hope those Exotic Warlock boots that reload your weapons on ammo pickup are included in the update.

Buying loot boxes doesn't bother me that much, since there's still plenty of drops of them for free, but it does bother me that the Taken themed items, which universally seem to be the most wanted thing in the update, are in them. It kind of devalues their coolness if someone could jut buy a ton of crates and get them all five minutes after the patch drops. Dropping them at 3 defense at least keeps everything fair stats-wise, so overall I'm not that bothered.

(Did anyone notice if the Taken armor can use chroma?)

YES! Lord of Wolves!!! I loved that gun! We should be able to get it from the collection right?

Yeah, as long as you have the Y1 version in your blueprints, you can but the Y2 right away with legendary marks.

Exotic perks do matter actually, because they actually change the way you play.

Legendary armor perks though? Nothing but trash.

Not all. My IB leg armor grants me an additional rocket. My gloves grant me faster melee. They're pretty useful to me in crucible. Then again they can't match what an exotic does because that'd invalidate the need for exotics.

LTWood12

*Here's all the exotics you haven't even missed!

*Lord of Wolves is cool, but not as cool since the shotty nerf
*Lucky Raspberry was cool but they nerfed Arcbolts

Trace

Banned
Literally what's being said here. Kinda sad really. I guess I'll play for a little bit

I just jumped on today for a few and I can't actually see a single change since I stopped playing in October outside of like emotes.

I'll probably play for a few days with PoE again but I really want Destiny 2 to come out so I can come back to it.

Raven117

"I refuse to spin wheels for you Bungie! This is just not for me. I'll play for two weeks and THAT'S IT!!"

Such a fucking odd point of view.

Ha, its just saying that I will run the updated content a few times to check it out, but refuse to grind it over and over for stuff that dropped in Y1 and other various novelties.

FiraB

Banned
So you get boxes, which have items that are lower light lower but you can immediately infuse them straight to whatever you have, thank fuck they got rid of that bullshit they had with infusion before.

As for the sterling boxes, if people want to buy it then let them as long as the money goes into actually making some god damn content!

1:1 Infusion sounds amazing (and is a front-runner for great thing that will be axed with the new expansion).

That along with the new faction armor is enough to get me to load it up again at least.

SkylineRKR

Wonder what they're going to do with Universal Remote. I used to hate it when it dropped, I got it a number of times during the first months and ignored it. But later on I started to love the damn thing, it was just so satisfying to ADS headshot with it.

It didn't work as advertised after it was nerfed though, range was outclassed by lots of purples. I think it needs to have best in class range, but only viable via ADS. However, Chaperone is already pretty much that and very awesome. Maybe it needs third eye, or a feeding frenzy buff.

And the Arachnid, how the fuck are they going to make that one useful.

Namikaze1

Wonder what they're going to do with Universal Remote. I used to hate it when it dropped, I got it a number of times during the first months and ignored it. But later on I started to love the damn thing, it was just so satisfying to ADS headshot with it.

It didn't work as advertised after it was nerfed though, range was outclassed by lots of purples. I think it needs to have best in class range, but only viable via ADS. However, Chaperone is already pretty much that and very awesome. Maybe it needs third eye, or a feeding frenzy buff.

And the Arachnid, how the fuck are they going to make that one useful.
From the OT, LT says that the Arachnid's perk has been changed for the Year 2 version. Golden Gun drains slower when wearing the Arachnid. That's its new perk.

Trace

Banned
Yep. TDYK was godly back in the early days. It was my go-to before I got Fatebringer.

Same, I loved it. With how hard Blizz shat on Handcannons during the Y2 changes though, I couldn't bring myself to use it again.

Wouldn't be the same.

Beth Cyra

So with PoE not having a check point doesn't it mean per wave like it use to be, so you have to restart the whole section?

Or is it like a Nightfall and you have to restart the whole whole run? Sorry haven't played for months but loved PoE.

Just skimmed through. Last played right before KF HM was added. Forget the desolate armor, I'm back in for the new New Monarchy set. Haven't seen it yet, but I will return for it.

Silvard

As someone who hasn't touched Destiny since a bit before the Sparrow Racing League thing, what's actually new in the game right now? Is there anything that can be done now that's fun and/or new to prepare for this stuff?

Also am I reading it right? KF NM drops will be 320 and HM 330? Or is that "up to" 320 and 330?

Homeboyd

So with PoE not having a check point doesn't it mean per wave like it use to be, so you have to restart the whole section?

Or is it like a Nightfall and you have to restart the whole whole run? Sorry haven't played for months but loved PoE.
Yeah if you wipe, you restart the wave. If you leave and come back, you start over from the beginning of the activity.

Top Bottom