• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny: April Update Preview

Trakan

Just skimmed through. Last played right before KF HM was added. Forget the desolate armor, I'm back in for the new New Monarchy set. Haven't seen it yet, but I will return for it.

If you own the current NM set, you own the new one. It's the same as the one they offer for sale now, with some NM logos thrown in different places.

Rymuth

I've jumped back into Destiny in preparation for this update. Today's stream is my most anticipated one. Let's see what changes they're bringing to the sandbox.

I played some IB for the first time about 6 months and it was fun. Less SBMM and the lag was almost non-existent for me. I played as a Warlock and I was just demolishing folks, Stormcaller in particular. Damn, that class is so OP.

I am looking forward to whatever sandbox changes they make.

So what worthwhile Year 1 legendaries are coming back?

TDYK is sitting in my Vault still. Sucks we have to have them drop again.

Nearly all the ones they picked are "fan favourites" so they all have their champions.

I was always a big fan of TDYK and the swarm (a slow but high impact heavy) in void. Those two guns got me through VoG on several occasions!

I too think it sucks that you have to get them to drop again...but hey ho. Vanguard and Crucible are the slowest to level up (because you cannot "spam" them with heavy ammo/motes like the factions0 so trying to get the gun you want will be a real PITA.

I'm guessing Auto rifles see another small buff, Black Spindle gets a small damage nerf and Fusion rifles are nerfed yet again for some unfathomable reason.

The only one that matters

The Lord of Wolves

Best gun

Winner! My love is back. Though I wish they would bring Hard Light and Necrochasm to Y2. They fixed the guns literally one week before TTK was released then...

tumblr_m3b7luZJ9W1r9teyqo1_500.img_assist_custom.gif.pagespeed.ce.qaHu-rbmGc.gif

Gammacide

I'm guessing Auto rifles see another small buff, Black Spindle gets a small damage nerf and Fusion rifles are nerfed yet again for some unfathomable reason.
I doubt high rof autos will get anything but a nerf sadly thanks (mostly) to the recent Doctrine craze. Slower ones might just see a buff though which would be great. I just want Crucible drop rates to improve. They have been abysmal for waaaay too long.

SPCTRE

I would have thought this would get me at least a little excited - oh well, probably a good thing, I'll have time for my backlog.

Jinjo

Here they go messing with Warlocks.

Hunters, you'll be next.

These developers have no fucking idea how to balance their game.

Warlocks need some buffs and nerfs depending on the class dude.

How about you just wait and reserve your judgement for the actual balance changes?

Defuser

My wishlist for crucible that won't come true:

- Buff handcannons back to it's Y1 glory.
- Restored back Hawkmoon's range.
- Nerf The Last Word. This gun totally invalidates other
- Nerf Thorn.
- Buff high impact auto rifles.
- Don't nerf high RoF auto rifles.
- Remove Rangefinder from high impact shotguns.
- Nerf viking funeral warlocks.
- Buff sidearms to be more viable.

How about you just wait and reserve your judgement for the actual balance changes?
Because their internal sandbox testing isn't to be trusted. When they buff handcannons,they nerf Hawkmoon range citing it was performing better than the other handcannons. Turn out Hawkmoon became utter shit that even it's younger legendary counterpart the Eyasluna outpeform it. What about fusion rifles? Time and time again players have been crying out to buff it because it was crap but Bungie continued to nerf it, the 'infusion rifle', 'nerf fusion rifles' joke was proof. Lets not forget the 0.04% autorifle buff.

I doubt high rof autos will get anything but a nerf sadly thanks (mostly) to the recent Doctrine craze. Slower ones might just see a buff though which would be great. I just want Crucible drop rates to improve. They have been abysmal for waaaay too long.

Yeah Crucible drops are laughably bad. Bungie has to be aware of this after the Crimson Days disaster, so hopefully we'll hear about that today.

Because nothing ever good comes with their "balance" updates. They keep changing the meta and fuck shit up for users that play PVE which POSES NO PROBLEMS TO THESE RESPECTIVE CLASSES AND WEAPONS.

All these people bitching on nerfs are people who play PVP and PVE players are the ones who get fucked in the end.

Yeah Crucible drops are laughably bad. Bungie has to be aware of this after the Crimson Days disaster, so hopefully we'll hear about that today.

They are aware of every issue from day one that never got fixed or terribly fixed or are working as intended or got fixed by nerfing 0.17% their firerate.

0.17% nerf of a firerate in a 30fps game. With a time to kill of a second. Do the math.

A lot of stuff if they intended to do anything about they would have taken care of a long time ago. Crucible drops being bad is the status quo

speiky

They are absolutely balanced. The ONLY thing they need to tone down in Radiant Skin.
Fire bolt grenades with Viking funeral and touch of flame are absolutely balanced...oh and so is an instant overshield with a melee hit (not kill, just a HIT). Luckily the warlock melee range isn't long. /s

m4st4

I would have thought this would get me at least a little excited - oh well, probably a good thing, I'll have time for my backlog.

Backlog? What about near-futurelog? May is insanity & madness in one.

Glad I (finally) deleted Destiny after 200+ hours.

Melchiah

Fire bolt grenades with Viking funeral and touch of flame are absolutely balanced...oh and so is an instant overshield with a melee hit (not kill, just a HIT). Luckily the warlock melee range isn't long. /s

PVP balancing shouldn't affect the PVE-side though. It's nice to feel overpowered, and I hope they don't nerf the class for PVE.

tebunker

Banned
I have a feeling that Mida and Scouts in general are going to get a pvp nerf of some sort. It may be just me but I'd say I see Mida in roughly 70% of encounters and a couple of other scouts mixed in.

Namikaze1

No sprint revives
Revives takes a bit longer if you'er using Alpha Lupi or the Warlock's fast revive exotic helm
Overshield from reviving and being revived is less powerful now
Need to be a bit more closer to revive
Additional 2 seconds to revive timer for Trials. If you die again, it's an additional 7 seconds. 1st death = 5 seconds, 2nd = 7 seconds, 3rd = 14 seconds (this is in a single round)

Namikaze1

Special ammo is being changed again.

You spawn with special ammo again everywhere. (basically, they reversed the previous special ammo change)

Special ammo box will spawn a bit more later now.

Namikaze1

Heavy only spawns once a match now.

Spawns after 5 minutes.

Changes doesn't affect Elimination, Trials, or Mayhem.

Edit:

Folks will be seeing more legendaries drop in the crucible

Ambitious

Special ammo is being changed again.

You spawn with special ammo again everywhere. (basically, they reversed the previous special ammo change)

Special ammo box will spawn a bit more later now.

Sounds like they finally figured out this whole lawn sprinkler thing, eh?

Jito

Banned
Dat Reward screen.

I'm impressed.

So the only way to get top gear is still through Crucible or Raids?

I'd love some content to play by myself to get to a high level, the over reliance on Crucible to fill out the game is shit.

Namikaze1

Mercury Chest will now drop armor and weapons with light level up to 335

Trials bounties may reward you with weapons/armor up to 330

Guaranteed Iron Banner artifacts and ghosts from rank 3 and 5 packages are now 320

Iron Banner bounty that requires you to complete a match with 2500 points will now require you get 1500 and a match completion to complete the bounty

Melchiah

So the only way to get top gear is still through Crucible or Raids?

I'd love some content to play by myself to get to a high level, the over reliance on Crucible to fill out the game is shit.

As a someone who doesn't play PVP at all, I couldn't agree more.

Top Bottom