• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny: How did the Alpha affect your opinion of the game? Vote inside.

CGwizz

before 9/10
after 7.5/10

Because i barely saw people online , only did one of those random battles in the map cause when they show i am the only one there to play them...

Visuals- after playing games like shadowfall and second son the grephics i saw are not that great now, locked better in E3 2013, the textures are kina bad.

music- forgetable

voice acting- annoying and horrible

didnt liked the multiplayer

warlock sucks( i wanted to play this before ) , hunter have lame armors but are the ones most fun to play IMO

only found one primary weapon that i liked...

Now i will wait for reviews , i will probably get this game if they fix some stuff and balance the multiplayer.

Sora_N

before 9/10
after 7.5/10

Because i barely saw people online , only did one of those random battles in the map cause when they show i am the only one there to play them...

Visuals- after playing games like shadowfall and second son the grephics i saw are not that great now, locked better in E3 2013, the textures are kina bad.

music- forgetable

voice acting- annoying and horrible

didnt liked the multiplayer

warlock sucks( i wanted to play this before ) , hunter have lame armors but are the ones most fun to play IMO

only found one primary weapon that i liked...

Now i will wait for reviews , i will probably get this game if they fix some stuff and balance the multiplayer.

I really hated that guy that was talking. He sounded so bored.

1. Before the alpha, my impression of Destiny muddled. I had faith in Bungie, and was planning on picking it up -- but I had a very poor understanding of just what the game even was beyond being made by Bungie. My interest level was: 4/10.

2. After having played the alpha, my impression of Destiny completely turned around. Within minutes of playing the game, I completely got it. Not sure if it's just poor communication on Bungie PR, or if it's just one of those games you need to play to wrap your mind around completely. I went from being interested more that it was Bungie's next release to possibly my most anticipated release in a long time. My interest level is now: 9/10.

mhayze

1. Before the alpha, my impression of Destiny was poor - I'd played FPSMMOs before and thought that they did not work. My interest level was: 4/10.

2. After having played the alpha, my impression of Destiny is that this is a fun game and Bungie has polished this formula well, even though it's early days. My interest level is now: 8/10.

If there was a PC version, 10/10

pushBAK

1. Before the alpha, my impression of Destiny…bad. My interest level was: 4/10.

2. After having played the alpha, my impression of Destiny…OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG. My interest level is now: 10/10.

1. Before the alpha, I really had no idea what the game was going to be like and thought it was just gonna be a glorified Halo game. 6/10

2. After the alpha, I really enjoyed the game and I like the RPG elements and MMO aspects of the game. 8/10

Orca

Before 8/10 - really interested in the gameplay and loot, idly curious about the multiplayer.
After 6.5/10 - gameplay was okay, if a bit more repetitive than I expected, but the loot disappointed. Didn't like the multiplayer at all.

Still planning on getting it, but not anywhere near as hyped about it.

Before: 8/10
After: 9,5/10

It's a very fun Game to play, it plays a bit like Borderlands, running around, shooting Creatures and picking up loot.
When your alone, the Game becomes somehow boring, but when you play with a friend it's absolutely gorgeous.
The Graphic look really decent, some people here complaining about the Skybox, but to me it looks just great, and I'm playing this Game not to watch the Sky but rather to shoot ugly Things in their uglier faces.

There are only a few minor things I complain about:

Shotgun with single Shells? The Humanity evolved to a Star traveling species and is not able to build a Shotgun which uses a clip to load a Shotgun.

Dance Emote? WTF, I can understand if you implement such a stupid thing in a game where you have a whole bunch of keys on a keyboard available, but on a console controller with only 4 Buttons left, why using one of them for such a BS. Something like "Follow me" would be much more reasonable.

The Public Events didn't do it for me, because there where no other Players around to battle the Walker, but I think in the final Game this will not happen any more.

The Voice of Ghost, is just lame and boring as hell. "But hey, Peter Dinklage is hip so we have to put him in our Game".

On the other Hand, there are a few thing that I really like about this Game.

The first thing that comes to my mind is the Voice of the Narrator, just wow, I think it's the voice of Lance Reddick, that would be a superb voice for the Ghost. There is something mysterious about his voice. Love it.

I think the whole Story can develop in something really big, I want to know more of the golden age of Humanity and their decline, about the space traveling Fallen and the butt-ugly Hive. I want to learn who the Traveler is and why he has chosen Earth to stop by.

The leveling of the Weapons and Armor is a very neat thing, as well as your own skill leveling. It would be great if it was somehow a bit more RPG like, so that you have a set of attributes that you can upgrade when you reach a new level.​

Looking really really forward to play this game in coop with two friends of mine.

1. Before the alpha, my impression of Destiny…My interest level was: 1/10.

2. After having played the alpha, my impression of Destiny…My interest level is now: 9/10.

Kallel

Before the alpha, my impression of Destiny great. My interest level was: 7/10.

After having played the alpha, my impression of Destiny is incredible. My interest level is now: 10/10

riprapp

Neo Member
Pre-alpha: mildly intrigued about the game based on having enjoyed Halo and an assumption this'd effectively be more of the same, but with different characters. My interest level was 6/10.

Post-alpha: significant boost in excitement level, and it's not any single thing that did it for me but rather the combination of solid feeling controls, the option to drop in and out of co-op stuff and a beautiful world. My interest level is now 9/10.

When first unveiled : 7.5/10.

Sure, it was all concept arts and empty promises, but it legitimately felt like something large and exciting, but as usual, keep expectations tempered and that don't be too gungho on something without in-game footage.

Period of first gameplay reveal to first few months of console launch : 7/10

It was starting to become clear at this point that the foundation of the game was already there, and that it was going to be an MMO-lite. At that point, it felt clear that Destiny was going to not going to come off the gate with everything teased or promised, with some of the things talked about in their unveiling being left for future games, like ship combat, etc. Or a ton of vehicle variety, etc. Still, the game looks nice, there's a directed storyline, etc.

Impressions of poor MP experience, alpha leaks and the not-so-impressive Strike mission demo : 6.5-7/10

I still think the game was going to be great, but the first showing definitely raised some concern that the gameplay might not be as fun as hoped, probably losing some of the directiveness of a Halo SP experience in favour of a more MMO approach to enemies.

Alpha : 8/10

My biggest concern for Destiny was elevated by the alpha. Personally, I was already ready for the possibility that the first-game is probably going to not be 'extremely' content-rich, but regardless of whether or not that is true, the alpha reassured that Bungie's foundation with the game is very strong, and that beneath everything else, it's got an immersive fun gameplay experience that's already very enjoyable even with the limited alpha content.

I will say this, in that I think Destiny will be this gen's Assassin's Creed 1, in that it was a game that establishes many strong foundations, but probably not as 'complete' as it could be, but the foundation is very strong in that its sequel took to the next level and beyond. I think. If Bungie suddenly rocks my boat by showcasing half the solar system explorable in the first-game, I'd gladly eat my hat, but right now, I'm expecting a big game with a lot of things to do, but also not as big as hype might portray.

Kill3r7

Before Alpha: 8/10
The game looked like a mashup between Borderlands + Halo. Tons of loot with smooth FPS gameplay.

After Alpha: 8/10
The game ran great for being in alpha. Destiny is closer to a Halo MMO then I expected which is not a bad thing in my book. My two main concerns walking away from the alpha were 1) not enough loot and 2) the multiplayer needs a bit more fine tuning.

Symbiotx

Before Alpha: 8/10
My hopes remained high despite everyone's negativity about it looking boring. I had faith that Bungie will make a good game.

After Alpha: 10/10
This game is like crack. I am sad that release date is so far away.

Top Bottom