• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has there been any word from Bungie on whether they're going to do an real (200-300 pages) art book in the future, and not just that tiny thing from the Limited Ediiton?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
you're going xbone aren't you? :(
Yup. Halo convinced me to get an XB1, and having both it and a PS4 seemed kinda silly. I'll probably get one again some day, though... Like at the end of the console gen, lol.

60a0160d302b1b99015edc0a979ce482.png

Fuck you Amazon. I'm tired of this bullshit.

Tired of what?

Really has jack all to do with Amazon and much more to do with your carrier. Exact same shipping can give an 8:00am delivery time while another can give 8:00pm time. All depends on the route. If you are wanting a game or anything the morning it is released, buy retail.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Has there been any word from Bungie on whether they're going to do an real (200-300 pages) art book in the future, and not just that tiny thing from the Limited Ediiton?
I'm sure we'll see a proper Destiny art book someday. Maybe not after the first game, but someday.

Yu Narukami

Wow, Internet is full of spoilers already. I presume it's because of the guide. Apparently there's a torrent too. I wonder how people can play illegally since it's an always online game.

Ken

game will be out here in 8 hours. not going to pick up my copy until tomorrow though. too tired for midnight launches

hopefully new ps4 setup doesn't take too long or isn't too painful

Mind

Neo Member
60a0160d302b1b99015edc0a979ce482.png

Fuck you Amazon. I'm tired of this bullshit.

Why do people still order online? These companies get so many orders and they always **** up with some people. I know that I will prolly be one of those people. So I just drive to the store. Much saver - except for the ride back :).

EBGames AU (Gamestop) said that they price match pre-orders, so instead of paying their $99 listed amount for the standard edition, it'll be $69. But for some reason, they won't let me pay it off until I go to pick it up at the midnight release.

I'm kinda expecting to get fucked at the last moment.

Jagxyz

wtf, what about release date delivery? do they not do that?

Well, they have it now, but they didn't have it when I ordered. I talked to a CSR and they said that they couldn't switch my order to the release date shipping for some reason, and that I'd have to cancel and re-order for it.

Only problem is, is that would mess up my E3 preorder deal (have 3x $70 games ordered for $121 before tax). I don't really mind because of how good the deal is, but it's just gonna be rough sitting by the sidelines haha. I recieved Diablo 3 two days after release, so that's what I'm expecting here

LycanXIII

Tired of what?

Really has jack all to do with Amazon and much more to do with your carrier. Exact same shipping can give an 8:00am delivery time while another can give 8:00pm time. All depends on the route. If you are wanting a game or anything the morning it is released, buy retail.

I don't care when I get it. I have class Tuesday morning so I can't play until that afternoon. I just want to know that it has been shipped. That I am going to get it.

RiverKwai

Why do people still order online? These companies get so many orders and they always **** up with some people. I know that I will prolly be one of those people. So I just drive to the store. Much saver - except for the ride back :).

Amazon fulfills far more orders on time then they don't. And if they don't, in my experience - they take good care of you. But hey, nothing wrong with buying brick and mortar either.

Blastoise

Banned
EBGames AU (Gamestop) said that they price match pre-orders, so instead of paying their $99 listed amount for the standard edition, it'll be $69. But for some reason, they won't let me pay it off until I go to pick it up at the midnight release.

I'm kinda expecting to get fucked at the last moment.

Cancel you preorder and use this coupon trick to get it for $55 at JBHifi. You will just have to play it tomorrow.

https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/159697

I don't care when I get it. I have class Tuesday morning so I can't play until that afternoon. I just want to know that it has been shipped. That I am going to get it.

You will, it's Amazon :p

Look on the bright side, IF you don't you can call CS and get some freebies. No worries though, Amazon has like a 90% success rate...least in my experience.

LycanXIII

I did Ghost Edition as soon as it was announced online to make sure I could get one. By the time I was able to go to a store, they were sold out. If I wanted a normal edition, I would go to a store and get it.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
You'll think this until you're in bed, thinking about Destiny, then pulling out your iPad/phone to check the thread and ending up wide awake.
Yall need to get out of this thread! The wait only goes slow for me when I'm checking GAF every few minutes, haha. The wait since the beta has sped by.

Cuphead

Banned
How does the XB1 version compare to the PS4 version?
I prefer the xbox controller but dont want to get a noticably inferior version.
They're both the same graphically.

Man, I wish I could still get this hyped for games. I have it preordered, but I probably won't get the chance to dive in until Wednesday.
I fell out of the hype game for a long time but tis has sucked me back in.

darthbob

How does the XB1 version compare to the PS4 version?
I prefer the xbox controller but dont want to get a noticably inferior version.

Essentially identical, save for some Playstation Exclusive content that is only exclusive until Fall 2015 at most.

The game is 1080p/30FPS on both PS4 and XB1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom