• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
kh7NaBq.gif

Day 1

Dolobill

Only 2 more days of work and I'm onto greatness!

Wednesday: Work
Thursday: Work
Friday: Fly across Canada
Saturday: Go to wedding
Sunday: Hang out in best Canadian city (St. John's)
Monday: Fly across Canada again
Tuesday: Destiny all day long

Nicko

Whoohoo!! Here we go!! Going to miss chatting with Dax and everyone back in the withdrawal thread... Guess everyone's made he move already??

Tevren

Awesome OT!

Likely going Sunsinger Warlock, feels a tad more supporty to me. I can see Radiance rebirth being extremely ueful.

KingJolly

Banned
I'm mildly excited. I expect a great game but nothing groundbreaking.

I see myself going Defender, nothing like supporting the team with a bubble shield.

The only thing that still isn''t ready on my side is which class to go with. Whichever of the two I pick, Hunter or Warlock I KNOW that I will regret not picking the other

Grass is always greener on the other side. ;)

Can't believe it's only one week away from a new Bungie game! I won't lie, I'm still mildly skeptical, so I'm sitting on the sidelines for Gaf impressions and reviews. I was so tempted just to jump head first and get the $90 pre-order, but ended up just deciding to wait, as much as it pains me I won't be there day one. I did love the moment to moment gameplay, but I'm really, really hopeful that the game meets the insane levels of hype that it's gotten.

RiverKwai

I'm considering picking up a Vita just so that I can remote play during my upcoming business trips.

I think the WiFi in my hotel is gonna suck though. :(

Grass is always greener on the other side. ;)

It's not like one class wins over the other either, I could roll with either one no problem. It's more the aesthetics to me that are making the decision hard. Cool special item (capes), or cool armor (helmets and jackets/robes)?

Whoohoo!! Here we go!! Going to miss chatting with Dax and everyone back in the withdrawal thread... Guess everyone's made he move already??

I would say yes since the thread got closed and all... Hopefully same won't happen here.

Fitts

If their design was better I would. I wouldn't mind being a walking tank.

I completely agree regarding their design. Going into the alpha/beta, Titan was far and away the least interesting class to me. After playing them all, however, I grew an appreciation (it wasn't immediate) for Striker. Defender suits my play style better than any other subclass (on paper anyway) so that's where I'm starting in the full game.

EDIT: No that "class warfare" has any validity in this game. All three are amazing fun!

Wrynnax

That's probably just for a download client that, once downloaded and installed, will begin the process of downloading the expansion stuff.

Sorry, but no. I'm gonna be a Bladedancer Hunter. I was just saying hi to Snakeeyes.
Woops, sorry for the misunderstanding! You get a radiance buff none the less:)

Ecto311

Can someone confirm if I get this game as a digital download on one xbox one then me and my wife can both play across 2 systems because of a 2 system license right? I am really close to getting another xbox one and this game digital if that all works but cant find that kind of info out there for certain.

It's not like one class wins over the other either, I could roll with either one no problem. It's more the aesthetics to me that are making the decision hard. Cool special item (capes), or cool armor (helmets and jackets/robes)?

While the Hunter's cape is iconic, the Warlocks get some awesome armbands later on.

I completely agree regarding their design. Going into the alpha/beta, Titan was far and away the least interesting class to me. After playing them all, however, I grew an appreciation (it wasn't immediate) for Striker. However, Defender suits my play style better than any other subclass (on paper anyway) so that's where I'm starting in the full game.

EDIT: No that "class warfare" has any validity in this game. All three are amazing fun!

Yeah titans look great! It's just that they just look like another other space-armored grunt. Hunter and Warlock have more creative designs to themselves.

While the Hunter's cape is iconic, the Warlocks get some awesome armbands later on.

And true, but the capes are just awesome :p

c1rcae

I completely agree regarding their design. Going into the alpha/beta, Titan was far and away the least interesting class to me. After playing them all, however, I grew an appreciation (it wasn't immediate) for Striker. However, Defender suits my play style better than any other subclass (on paper anyway) so that's where I'm starting in the full game.

Titan does seem to be the most toned-down in terms of styling, but they do have some very cool late-game gear. Helm of Inmost Light and Insurmountable SkullFort look great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom