• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nowai

qJub.jpg

Titan Ratchet cosplay in PoE?

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I haven't played in forever. Is there a reason people are looking for normal gorgon checkpoints? Is it because their characters are restricted from hard mode?

Simonnnnn

I have the Gorgon Normal CP. Join on me.

My clan flubbed up the Gorgon Hard CP and Crota Hard CP, so if anyone can please share that, I will pass it on.

I am on remote play as usual, no mic. But will wipe when I hear you spawn in.

added and much appreciated :D

Why does everyone love the Thunderlord so much?

The damage is much higher than any legendary LMG except maybe Jolder's Hammer. And it has Firefly as a hidden perk when you unlock Lightning Rounds. All this, plus it looks amazing, has that electric blue glow, and sports one of the coolest names in the game. That's why I love it, at least.

Wilde

I haven't played in forever. Is there a reason people are looking for normal gorgon checkpoints? Is it because their characters are restricted from hard mode?

No, the reason is because you can open both the normal and hard gorgon chests separately on each character, and each time there is a chance for an exotic weapon.

However, if you just open the hard chest first, you get two drops, but there is no chance of double exotics from one chest. So 6 exotic spins versus 3.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
No, you can open both the normal and hard gorgon chests separately on each character, and each time there is a chance for an exotic weapon.

However, if you just open the hard chest first, you get two drops, but there is no chance of double exotics from one chest. So 6 exotic spins versus 3.

Ahh, I don't remember that being a thing in the past. Good to know!

Trakan

The damage is much higher than any legendary machine gun except maybe Jolder's Hammer. And it has Firefly as a hidden perk when you unlock Lightning Rounds. All this, plus it looks amazing, has that electric blue glow, and sports one of the coolest names in the game. That's why I love it, at least.

I didn't pay enough attention and look at the damage numbers, I just went off the impact stats in game. That could be.

The damage is much higher than any legendary LMG except maybe Jolder's Hammer. And it has Firefly as a hidden perk when you unlock Lightning Rounds. All this, plus it looks amazing, has that electric blue glow, and sports one of the coolest names in the game. That's why I love it, at least.

Fireflys a hidden perk? wat

Deku Tree

I was gonna grind all three characters to 200 crucible marks and crucible rank 3 but now that HoW is bringing double marks and double rep it makes more sense to wait and do this later on if needed. Besides my vault is full again.

Deku Tree

Ok I got a bullet hose AR "unwilling soul-09" from dead orbit. It has a 72 round mag and mine also has field scout or perfect balance... So how big can the mag get over 72 with field scout?

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I have the Gorgon Normal CP. Join on me.

My clan flubbed up the Gorgon Hard CP and Crota Hard CP, so if anyone can please share that, I will pass it on.

I am on remote play as usual, no mic. But will wipe when I hear you spawn in.

2 shattered cloaks and some shards. Same lame Destiny I remember. Thanks for the CP.

Mindlog

I am certain that this won't be your loadout... because two exotics...
Red Death/Mythoclast/Thorn - Final Round Spear - Thunderlord/Truth were my primary Iron Banner weapons.

Heavy ammo is extremely predictable. Swapping weapons takes a couple of seconds ;]

Exotic heavies generally have a very large advantage over their legendary counterparts. Kills after heavy ammo drops are doubly important because it means you are denying the enemy use of their heavy.

ocean

Banned
Why does everyone love the Thunderlord so much?

I've tried it. It's good, but it's exactly like the Swarm. If you choose the clip perk over the stability, you can get the fire rate to shoot way faster, but it gets crazy uncontrollable recoil. If you choose stability, you get a smaller clip and something comparable to regular legendary LMGs.
It might be the rarest Exotic in the game outside perhaps the Raid Exotics (Vex and Necro), so it's got a certain allure to it. Never sold by Xur which definitely hampers its ownership rate vs everything else which can be had via bounties or has been sold at least once.

Then there's the cool factor. And being like the Swarm, it's pretty neat. It's the only weapon I'm missing...can't wait for it.

M3Rocket

added and much appreciated :D

2 shattered cloaks and some shards. Same lame Destiny I remember. Thanks for the CP.

No problem! RNGejus hasn't been kind so far this week with the Gorgon Normal chest. He was more generous last week. Sorry!

Although giving out Gorgon Normal is a lot easier since I can revive people so people coming in randomly is fine.

I'll be down here for as long as people need to roll the normal Gorgon chest. Bring all your characters--it's fine. Reminder--I am on remote play with no mic.

Simonnnnn

No problem! RNGejus hasn't been kind so far this week with the Gorgon Normal chest. He was more generous last week. Sorry!

Although giving out Gorgon Normal is a lot easier since I can revive people so people coming in randomly is fine.

I'll be down here for as long as people need to roll the normal Gorgon chest. Bring all your characters--it's fine. Reminder--I am on remote play with no mic.

RNGesus was just very nice to my brother! :) So thank you for again! Patience and Time, damn it i need that!

also, how do you get your character to dance on remote play? I can never get him to do it on Vita :(

nOoblet16

People keep forgetting the vendor version of Against all odds, it's as good as the best Jolder's Hammer roll. In fact in most Jolder's Roll (except the ne where you get a ballistic that increases impact slightly, think it's aggressive ballistics) the impact you get is actually lower than the vendor Against all Odds and one of the perks in the vendor version is almost like the lightning round perks in that the gun becomes more stable the longer it is fired (although it doesn't becomes faster like Thunderlord or explodes the enemies).

I will say this all the time that the vendor version of Against all Odds is the best PvP Machine gun out there especially because its a Legendary and one of the best for PvE if it weren't for the fact that it's another Solar weapon.

Sort of. It randomly triggers an explosion that is similar, and if I'm not mistaken, is actually an even bigger explosion than firefly.

You just don't get it on every kill, so it can be easy to miss at first.

It's not quite firefly, but the enemies may discharge a big shockwave on kill. Pretty neat.

Really? I've never seen it. Pretty neat~ Have a video? Does it have to be a precision kill?

hydruxo

I love using Thunderlord but I can never remember to use it lol. Only time I ever think to pull it out is for arc only Nightfalls.

Frenden

Banned

Joining! I'm game to hold it for folks too.

M3Rocket

Do people prefer the Tower Ghost to DIM? OP currently links to DIM but I'll change it if there's a preference. Don't want to bog it down by linking everything under the sun, but rather curate the good stuff.

Development of Tower Ghost is a lot faster than DIM. DIM is also operable on multiple platforms right now. I've tried many of them save for one called "Loadouts" which is exclusive to IOS. Currently, nothing is as clean or organized as Tower Ghost for Destiny. And the pace of development is furious. ;-)

Click here for Reddit Tower Ghost thread.

Is Tower Ghost available for iOS now? I've been using Loadouts for Destiny, which I've really enjoyed, and DIM on chrome, but it'd be nice to have one unified system.

The app is under review by Apple right now. It got rejected the first time for some reason. Author thinks it will get approved today. If you want access to IOS, just join the IOS Testflight beta from the Reddit link I posted above.

M3Rocket

RNGesus was just very nice to my brother! :) So thank you for again! Patience and Time, damn it i need that!

also, how do you get your character to dance on remote play? I can never get him to do it on Vita :(

I use a DS3 controller hooked up via OTG cable to a Nexus 7 running a XDA version of remote play. So I just use the regular D-pad. That's the app that is suppose to run on Sony Android phones and tablets only. ;-)

Yes--Patience and Time, Icebreaker and just now, Truth. Not so shabby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom