• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethomaz

Banned
Glad to see glide getting the hate it deserves. Jesus Christ it's terrible.
I think it is more like which class you choose first...

Every time I use the Hunter I need to get used to the jump and I die a lot due that... I can flawless the VoG jump part only with Warlock... the others classes I have trouble.

To be fair the Titan jump is fine because it is close to the Warlock one.

And for Crucible: Blink > All (except the Hunter Blink).

If warlocks had a halfway decent jump they'd be a great class. That floaty shit is unbearable though :p
Well Blink is the best jump in the game.

And I prefer Guide over Double Jump for example.

Edit - I love the ability to stay few seconds on air with sunbros too.

Jesus Math!

Look on friends list: Math playing Warlock...

Your better than this!

Everyone knows best class/race/weapon combo in game:

EXO Warlock with handcannon. Robot slinging space magician with a wild west flair!

Namikaze1

Warlocks has the key advantages of Titans and Hunters plus the own Warlocks advantages.

It is the best one.
Come back to me when Warlocks learn how to properly jump cause their glide sucks ass.

Also, there's no train like a Bubble Train!
maxresdefault.jpg

Choo choo, motherhawkers!

So many fig posts super-speeding the thread, I better get to work on finishing that TL post soon...

Why not Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the middle of the Reef ? The joke still works with 100% less internet-speak.

And it's actually funny

Either one is fine. It is funny either way.

Using HoWs is an acronym pun, not internet speak. Like Ortho said, it's the same joke either way, not sure why one is funny and one is not. I do like House though, probably reads better to newer thread visitors.

Shouldn't it be "Destiny |OT21| Our HoWs, in the middle of our Reef"?

If I'm gonna be staring at it in my Chrome tabs, internet history, etc, for the next month or so, I want it to be right!

The Reef is right. You can change the words to fit the pun. Same syllables, same number of words.

Neither "our Reef" or "the Reef" is correct, they're both half wrong. Saying "our" is correct for the song reference, but saying "the" is correct for the game reference. Since the song reference is already clear in the title, I prefer using the game reference. But I'm biased towards titles that are accurate to the game.

2. Destiny |OT◊21| Our House, in the middle of the Reef

I wasn't into the "Light Level OT" stuff, way too unwieldy. But the symbol is very clever and snappy, much improved. Is there a way to make the diamond filled in like the star? Neither one matches the in-game symbol quite right as is...

Fist bump

Double fist bump because you main the MIDA

Just bought it from Xur a couple of weeks ago on a whim and never really used it in PvE. Then decided to reach rep 5 in the last Iron Banner. People were recommending the Vex and other weapons but I didn't like them. Decided to try the MIDA. I actually started enjoying PvP because of it. It's so much fun to use!

k1t4j

Não me digas que és português?

yes PSN ID is Kitaj84, if you want to add to friends list :)

Honestly I played the warlock for the achievement and actually deleted it afterwards, I could not get to terms with that jump/glide/Hover sort of thing you guys have going on there.

rNilla

Using HoWs is an acronym pun, not internet speak.

Whatever it is it's dumb and unnecessary. House of Wolveses? Acronym pun had it's chance this OT. Time for a different lame joke to shine.

Neither "our Reef" or "the Reef" is correct, they're both half wrong.

I feel like you guys have never heard song parodies before. This title is clearly the winner though. The more we over-analyze it the funnier it becomes.

ethomaz

Banned
Honestly I played the warlock for the achievement and actually deleted it afterwards, I could not get to terms with that jump/glide/Hover sort of thing you guys have going on there.
You need to get used to control your jump with X.

- Jump highest possible: fast double X
- Small jump: just hit X (and hit X again any time to Glide)
- In the air use X to enable/disable Glide

You can reach any place/platform while change directions during the jump... or just make a big jump like a normal character (fast double X and when you reach the top just hit X again to disable the Glide).

Float is better than being launched to oblivion so fast.

Yep, Plain Doll, mine is the artwork while Rawrs is the Jailbait version
:( thats rude! I like my waifu version

Come back to me when Warlocks learn how to properly jump cause their glide sucks ass.

Also, there's no train like a Bubble Train!
maxresdefault.jpg

Choo choo, motherhawkers!
:lol 1 of those guardians is forever gone, 2 are once in awhile.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Just bought it from Xur a couple of weeks ago on a whim and never really used it in PvE. Then decided to reach rep 5 in the last Iron Banner. People were recommending the Vex and other weapons but I didn't like them. Decided to try the MIDA. I actually started enjoying PvP because of it. It's so much fun to use!

Yup! MIDA, blink and lots and lots of agility = space magic ninja!

Let the haters hate, Buddha. We know the truth.

noomi

Went out to eat my lunch outside and a bird pooped on me :|

I blame nami.

In other news, 1 nightfall and some weeklies left to do, going to try and knock everything out before reset tomorrow morning.

yes PSN ID is Kitaj84, if you want to add to friends list :)

Acho que já estás na minha lista.

I like Glide in most situations. But for something like the jumping puzzle in VoG it sucks ass, I agree.

Namikaze1

Went out to eat my lunch outside and a bird pooped on me :|

I blame nami.

In other news, 1 nightfall and some weeklies left to do, going to try and knock everything out before reset tomorrow morning.
Don't blame me! I didn't let Hawkian out of his cage! :p

GutZ31

So many fig posts super-speeding the thread, I better get to work on finishing that TL post soon...

Using HoWs is an acronym pun, not internet speak. Like Ortho said, it's the same joke either way, not sure why one is funny and one is not. I do like House though, probably reads better to newer thread visitors.

Neither "our Reef" or "the Reef" is correct, they're both half wrong. Saying "our" is correct for the song reference, but saying "the" is correct for the game reference. Since the song reference is already clear in the title, I prefer using the game reference. But I'm biased towards titles that are accurate to the game.

I wasn't into the "Light Level OT" stuff, way too unwieldy. But the symbol is very clever and snappy, much improved. Is there a way to make the diamond filled in like the star? Neither one matches the in-game symbol quite right as is...
♦ does this show up?

I forgot to tell you but did a NF with a friend, I got 12 strange coins, ok fine but my friend got 11 coins, whats going on with the drop tables.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom