• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

E92 M3

Nice write up

J3ZBljr.png

noomi

Game is getting closer, what about those who already own destiny+xpacs and pre-ordered the digital CE.

A few months back Bungie mentioned that there would be more info available about this....

shermas

It's just RNG if they show up, really aggravating. I would load into Earth patrol, then back to orbit if there wasn't one at the start. Sometimes I'd load 10 instances before getting a VIP.

If there was one at the start, it takes you to the Divide. So I'd kill the VIP then check the Divide patrols since those VIP objectives are in the same place. I'd also check Rocket Yard since it's so close, then back to orbit. It'd be much better if you can do it w a fire team of 2+ to spread out looking for beacons.

Just do 5-10 per day to reduce the pain. It's easily the worst Grimoire grind besides Rumble (for me anyway, supposedly some crazies like Rumble).

Right... I meant, I went into the Divide, killed the servitor or the vandal guy or whichever VIP was the patrol target, then went back out to the Divide, hunted wolves, did the public event, then had another VIP patrol pop up, did it, etc....

But when I checked my total number of VIP kills, it hadn't changed.

Carn82

That's probably running on a PC, and it's an isolated section of the game so i'd image that they can afford to beef it up.

But to answer: last gen happened.

Most likeley. I also read in some GDC presentations that they had some issues and delays stitching the new engine together. During development, big parts of a complex engine are often placeholder/tmp code that get can get changed for many reasons, because of hardware requirements, performance issues, whatnot. Maybe a certain rendering pass took to many ms, resulting into unwanted behaviour; so it got scrapped or tuned down, etc.

ocean

Banned
Is it not on the store yet? I can't find it anywhere other than the Digital collectors edition or the Legendary edition.
Make sure you're logging on to the PSN Store with the same account in which you've purchased the Expansion Pass or TDB+HoW. Otherwise it won't show up.

Vault of Glass consisted of rescuing Kabr and fighting along side him against Atheon, he would then sacrifice himself and forge Aegis Shield, allowing your team to finish off Atheon. But after the rework of the story of the game, this was scrapped and made into a Grimoire instead.
def8b6c421491a78b474dba0b468078e.jpg

GutZ31

Anyone on the bone want to take a first timer through POE lvl 35 tonight? If I can finish that run I'd feel pretty good about running all the year 1 content.

34 titan, max Gally.

Around 8-8:30 eastern?

I'll just throw this in here and hope it doesn't get lost in the shuffle. I'd really like to attempt Skolas for the first time this week because this seems like the easier week to do it. If there are any people on Xbox One who would like to help just send me a message and we can try and set up a time this week to get it done. I have three 34 characters so whatever class is needed most I can provide.

We need a call to arms for these 2 brave souls facing the darkness on Xbox One.
Where is our Bad to the Xbone crew for guidance?

I'll wait til it's closer to release before checking again I guess. I've tried it through that Destiny page and clicking pre-order doesn't redirect me anywhere, I assume it's just not on the PS store yet.

Are you logged in? The PS store only shows me the Legendary and Digital Collector's edition when logged out. Otherwise I can see the option of just buying TTK.

Edit: Beaten by ocean

For Taken King we need to use a system to make LFG posts more noticeable. It's going to be hard to spot them if discussion is anywhere as fast as it was back in OT5.

E92 M3

For Taken King we need to use a system to make LFG posts more noticeable. It's going to be hard to spot them if discussion is anywhere as fast as it was back in OT5.

Is OT30 going to be in gaming?

--

That map is so spoilerish. It even spoils how the guardians get inside. Oh well.

flkraven

Anyone on the bone want to take a first timer through POE lvl 35 tonight? If I can finish that run I'd feel pretty good about running all the year 1 content.

34 titan, max Gally.

I'll just throw this in here and hope it doesn't get lost in the shuffle. I'd really like to attempt Skolas for the first time this week because this seems like the easier week to do it. If there are any people on Xbox One who would like to help just send me a message and we can try and set up a time this week to get it done. I have three 34 characters so whatever class is needed most I can provide.

We need a call to arms for these 2 brave souls facing the darkness on Xbox One.
Where is our Bad to the Xbone crew for guidance?

I won't be able to help tonight, but I'll be on this weekend and will help if I can make it. GT: flkRaven

Btw: I actually think that the small arms / lightswitch week is the easiest.

Is OT30 going to be in gaming?

I haven't heard anything from Drizz, Hawk or Ghaleon about it but I think it should be. If the threads were split, they would essentially be talking about the same thing.

Only question is how much of the old community thread transfers over to the new thread. Most of the tips will be outdated.

Deku Tree

I know I´m LTTP with this, but holy shit, this looks bigger then I thought.

dswfXTA.png

So Bungie said the Dreadnaught is massive.
But they also said you can't use a sparrow.

Either there is some other way to warp around,
or it's not massive, or it takes you forever to walk around.

Of those three options I hope there is a way to warp around.
New Dreadnaught vehicles PLZ?

34 titan, max Gally.

Hey, I'd love to help out. Shaw, what character(s) do you have or plan to run it with?

E92 M3

I haven't heard anything from Drizz, Hawk or Ghaleon about it but I think it should be. If the threads were split, they would essentially be talking about the same thing.

Only question is how much of the old community thread transfers over to the new thread. Most of the tips will be outdated.

We definitely need a solution where the threads are not split, but for the small details, we have some time to figure things out.

Ehh, not sure. I would think that we would we need to restart OT's to go gaming side again.

I think we can have exceptions because Destiny is a progressive game. Very much against restarts :p

noomi

So Bungie said the Dreadnaught is massive.
But they also said you can't use a sparrow.

Either there is some other way to warp around,
or it's not massive, or it takes you forever to walk around.

Of those three options I hope there is a way to warp around.
New Dreadnaught vehicles PLZ?

Right.... I'm a little sad about not being able to use sparrows inside the dreadnaught.... but I get it, they area would be difficult to navigate through while zooming around. I'm going to want to show off my year 1 VIP sparrow :D

Ehh, not sure. I would think that we would we need to restart OT's to go gaming side again.

The current title prefixess are:

Destiny Year 2|OT♦30|
Destiny Year 2|OT|
Destiny Taken King |OT♦30|
Destiny Taken King |OT|

I think putting the 30 makes the thread intimidating, and it's somewhat presumptuous and pretentious to include such a large number for an expansion. However, without the number it feels like the community loses part of its identity.

OkayRene

I have a Slack chatroom setup. It's like IRC. And there's a dedicated #lfg channel. There's Slack apps available for Android, iOS, Mac, and Windows too.

Deku Tree

Well in the past we have had an expansion launch thread and kept the same OT in community. That seemed to work good too.

Problem with creating an OT in gaming is the new rules state that the OT goes up the same day as the game comes out (or the day before I forgot), on the other hand we can't really know when it's time to create a new Destiny OT. A mod could move the OT to gaming the day TTK comes out. Or we could just move to a new OT early on the day TTK comes out. Or something else...

Yeah fantastic write ups Nami! Thanks for doing it. Should be linked in the OP of the OT too IMO!

Tecnniqe

Banned
In 5 years when we're on OT372, our Year 1 stuff will be so rare. I'm sure WoW has similar items from back in the day.

WoW has quite the few rare items.

Teebu's Blazing Longsword and Corrupted Ashbringer come to mind on the top of my head

Destiny Year 2|OT♦30|
Destiny Year 2|OT|
Destiny Taken King |OT|

I think putting the 30 makes the thread intimidating, and it's somewhat presumptuous and pretentious to include such a large number for an expansion. However, without the number it feels like the community loses part of its identity.

Destiny |OTTK♦1| A New Begining

noomi

I think we can have exceptions because Destiny is a progressive game. Very much against restarts :p

I'd be all for it, but then I look at OT's like WoW that have been going since 2004 and they always seem to be on the Community side even with all the xpacs released over the years.

Whatever happens, I would just want someone to make sure with mods so we don't get closed and have to restart OT's :(

Destiny Year 2|OT♦30|
Destiny Year 2|OT|
Destiny Taken King |OT|

Have to agree with ya, I would want to keep the OT#. We are a part of GAF history after all, especially with the amount of OT's we've had in only one years time.
in b4 lfg

Being on the gaming side would definitely bring more people to the thread, but also.... we are not very liked over there.

Deku Tree

Destiny Year 2|OT♦30|
Destiny Year 2|OT|
Destiny Taken King |OT|

It's gonna be OT31 at the rate we are posting at now... and it'll come before TTK launches possibly a week or more before TTK launches.

Kyoufu

Why is the City breathing down my neck?

Why don't you put that down so we can talk?

Out here in the wild, this is how we talk.

I have a Slack chatroom setup. It's like IRC. And there's a dedicated #lfg channel. There's Slack apps available for Android, iOS, Mac, and Windows too.

This is neat. I was referring more specifically to the thread itself though. LIke, it'd be easier to spot LFG posts if they had some kind of prefix. Maybe something along the lines of:

>>LFG:

preface a post with that or write it in the title or something?

Well in the past we have had an expansion launch thread and kept the same OT in community. That seemed to work good too.

Problem with creating an OT in gaming is the new rules state that the OT goes up the same day as the game comes out (or the day before I forgot), on the other hand we can't really know when it's time to create a new Destiny OT. A mod could move the OT to gaming the day TTK comes out. Or we could just move to a new OT early on the day TTK comes out. Or something else...

I think we missed the opportunity to have another release thread like we did for HoW. That would have served as a prelude to a gaming side thread and made the transition easier.

Deku Tree

I'd be all for it, but then I look at OT's like WoW that have been going since 2004 and they always seem to be on the Community side even with all the xpacs released over the years.

Whatever happens, I would just want someone to make sure with mods so we don't get closed and have to restart OT's :(

Yeah with the lasted expansion WoW had an expansion launch thread OT whatever on the gaming side, and they kept their same Community OTs going too.

ocean

Banned

Yeah Hawkian's absolutely fantastic tips will need a Year 2 overhaul. The whole life at 28, forever 29, use Queen's Wrath to go past level 24, grinding Ascendants etc.

The game is getting revamped, the OT deserves the same treatment. Drizz, Hawk, Zoba, Dax, I dunno whoever is gonna do this just know that I can help draft a guide or description for whatever system or mechanic you think is required.

30 is a hell of a number for the first entry in a new IP, coinciding almost perfectly with its first anniversary. I don't know if we're peasants, but we might be compulsive posters :p

OkayRene

This is neat. I was referring more specifically to the thread itself though. LIke, it'd be easier to spot LFG posts if they had some kind of prefix. Maybe something along the lines of:

>>LFG:

That could work. Or just be sure to put LFG in the Title field when you go make a new post. Like this one.

E92 M3

Destiny Year 2|OT♦30|
Destiny Year 2|OT|
Destiny Taken King |OT|

Continuity is a must and it also solidifies the fact that Destiny is about a community. I don't see anything intimidating about that.

That makes me wonder, will the old raids be brought forward to Destiny 2?

VOG REMIXXXXXX

Hawkian said he was going to make it on the community side.

That works with me.

WoW has quite the few rare items.

Teebu's Blazing Longsword and Corrupted Ashbringer come to mind on the top of my head

Are those items from the rarely days?

Have to agree with ya, I would want to keep the OT#. We are a part of GAF history after all, especially with the amount of OT's we've had one years time.

Being of the gaming side would definitely bring more people to the thread, but also.... we are not very liked over there.

Destiny has been getting a better reception on the Gaming side - at least much better than last year. TTK will be new beginnings for Bungie.

Kyoufu

Every time I run past that area in the Cosmodrome a single tear runs down my cheek in memoriam for what could have been.

Easily the best line of dialog for the game and it's not even in the fucking game.

I want to know what the hell happened to the original story. They clearly had cutscenes and stuff already made. Their lead writer left, but why did they have to scrap everything?

I would pay Earth monies for a post-mortem or something that details the events of Destiny's development.

That could work. Or just be sure to put LFG in the Title field when you go make a new post. Like this one.

Additionally, I think we should include how many attempts the person has made to find a group. I'd hate to skim passed somebody who's been waiting for an hour and join somebody who just posted 5 minutes ago.

>>LFG: King's Fall Raid
1st Attempt
Need 2 More
PSN: AConstipatedDuck

Or something like this vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

anx10us

Banned
Looking for some help tonight from about 9:00 GMT and the rest of the week (GMT), need to get through the following, probably in this order ..

Weekly Nightfall
POE 32 & 34
Crota HM
VOG HM
POE 35

Anyone able to help out a lvl 33 (and a half) Hunter ?

psn : aanx10uss

Top Bottom