• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

I like the way they're allowing people to play as one character and still feel like they're getting the maximum amount of rewards they can. Running 3 characters is an inevitable conclusion for any non-casual player. I've downgraded to a casual myself and the notion of going into the same old rotation I was before feels astoundingly absurd. It really does feel like a job. With TTK I can log on and do whatever the hell I want for as long as I feel like and just shut it off. The manner in which you had to optimize how you played this game was banal and I'm glad that Bungie can see what dedicated players had to put themselves through to get the most out of the game.

So what I'm trying to say is I'll be a full time hammer slinger.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Where's the new OT?

Also Destiny feels so good to play after a few sessions of Gears of War. It's like so buttery smooth.

noomi

Cool, bought the veil because my warlock didn't have it, then rolled 4 gauntlet engrams and got the nothing manacles...

Not bad, done with Xur for the week. See you next week buddy!

Spoo

Cool, bought the veil because my warlock didn't have it, then rolled 4 gauntlet engrams and got the nothing manacles...

Not bad, done with Xur for the week. See you next week buddy!

I nabbed the nothing manacles as well in addition to ruin wings. They both pretty good?

I was hoping for acd/0 but... don't want to spend too many motes.

noomi

I nabbed the nothing manacles as well in addition to ruin wings. They both pretty good?

I was hoping for acd/0 but... don't want to spend too many motes.

Nothing manacles are supposed to be pretty decent in pvp if used tactically and ruin wings are pretty great but feel very hit or miss in the heavy drops sometimes.

Have not used acdc but I almost never see anyone use them.

Nothing manacles are supposed to be pretty decent in pvp if used tactically and ruin wings are pretty great but feel very hit or miss in the heavy drops sometimes.

Have not used acdc but I almost never see anyone use them.

Yeah the Manacles are killer in maps like Thieves Den. Not so much on the more open maps.

Come to think of it, Warlocks really do have some amazing exotics.

Officially bored of Blops beta. It's like playing 12 man Rumble in Destiny where everyone's a Titan with pre-nerf ARs, only not as whimsical.

CoD's aging map design is also showing. Everything was flat and 3 lanes.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Got the Alpha Lupi, only exotic for my Gunslinger build I have.

What's the opinion on Plan C?

I have Thorn and Invective from exotic weapons.

Great FR imo. Probably the only that can exist among the shotguns in PvP now - issue is that people don't really understand quick switch mechanic for it.

noomi

Woo! Void walker is fully leveled, done grinding for XP. Would just like to collect a few more armor pieces but I'm not going to go crazy trying to get them.

For the most part my warlock is done and ready to hit TTK :D

Messiek

Woo! Void walker is fully leveled, done grinding for XP. Would just like to collect a few more armor pieces but I'm not going to go crazy trying to get them.

For the most part my warlock is done and ready to hit TTK :D

It's going to be a fun expansion. Getting all characters leveled, all the subclasses. Hype! :)

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Got the Alpha Lupi, only exotic for my Gunslinger build I have.

What's the opinion on Plan C?
I have Thorn and Invective from exotic weapons.

I've been using Plan C in Iron Banner and it works really well especially when you unlock accelerated charge.

ocean

Banned
Officially bored of Blops beta. It's like playing 12 man Rumble in Destiny where everyone's a Titan with pre-nerf ARs, only not as whimsical.

That time to kill is a disease

Tecnniqe

Banned

How long did it take you to realize what it is?

it took me like 2 hours to give it up

How long did it take you to realize what it is?

it took me like 2 hours to give it up

I rarely play CoD MP but I'd say it took around 8 games before I gave up.

it's probably worth mentioning that the first 7 were laggy as hell and virtually unplayable. The last game however showed me that the run and gun, spray and play [+ quickscope] gameplay isn't for me. There's no finesse in the combat when 90% of the people have SMGs. The crossbow is amazing though.

It's on for 2 more days so I'll most likely pop in again for lulz.

had enough motes for 2 engrams from xur. sunbreakers and sunbreakers. and i already had a pair of sunbreakers. and i don't have a warlock character yet.

also bought the titan greaves with coin, might as well try and stock myself with as many exotics before taken king as i can.

quick halp. which image looks better?

I wanted to have the text overlay the image to save space, but it didn't end up looking good unless the text was really small. This lets the text be isolated and opens up room for short blurbs over an unimpeded image.

a02c036dbc2f150cb6636ede58c752d1.png

a7e4e5194e9de7a4320412d8bdacbdd1.png

43e58719a4026b10be1b3d5ed13861c9.png

Lnkn52

Payday bought a Scuf controller, lets see what the hype is about.
Would you happen to know if TTK will be released on midnight or some later time in the day?

Zoba, any of those photos look great. What are the other tabs? Maybe some images would make better sense in other places.

Skele7on

Banned
I'm on the fence about those, so don't hesitate to post what you think of it once you receive yours. :)

Yeah I have looked for ages but they had the configuration I wanted at last with the remappable back triggers well was like sod it,

with the new hunter leap on O I thought it was a good time to buy. Will post what I think when it arrives!

Would you happen to know if TTK will be released on midnight or some later time in the day?.

Midnight EAST I believe.

We're 125 posts off 20k. DGAF Threadbearers are cutting it close with this one :D

lol people always get so antsy at the end of an OT.... Finishing up the new one now, will post when we get closer to 20k as usual. OT29 is pretty normal then OT30 will be the big one. Still too early for the one year celebrations and such after all.

Lnkn52

lol people always get so antsy at the end of an OT.... Finishing up the new one now, will post when we get closer to 20k as usual. OT29 is pretty normal then OT30 will be the big one. Still too early for the one year celebrations and such after all.
I want to party like it's September 9, 2014!

quick halp. which image looks better?

I wanted to have the text overlay the image to save space, but it didn't end up looking good unless the text was really small. This lets the text be isolated and opens up room for short blurbs over an unimpeded image.

a02c036dbc2f150cb6636ede58c752d1.png

a7e4e5194e9de7a4320412d8bdacbdd1.png

43e58719a4026b10be1b3d5ed13861c9.png

I think the Oryx one is most topical. Hate to see people pointing out how don't even go to Saturn lol

I think the Oryx one is most topical. Hate to see people pointing out how don't even go to Saturn lol

tooooooast haven't seen you in ages

the saturn image fits really well but i see what you're saying. i'll probably need to find a better picture of oryx because I think that one is a bit messy. otherwise the second one is my favorite pick.

kiguel182

Can't believe I missed IB week since I was out of town. I really enjoyed grinding for the etheric light last time. Even with all the lag.

MrDaravon

YES, after two separate gauntlet engram sales from Xur and over 750 motes later I finally got Don't Touch Me on the absolute last engram I could afford lol. Annoyed at completely blowing my stockpile, but I really wanted those and they were also the last gauntlets I was missing.

Deku Tree

Seems like Bungie is tightening down the coin economy. Good thing I'm stockpiled.

1000++ Coins here.... The way they made it rain coins in PoE, I have faith that Bungie will give us enough coins for playing the rest of the game... I just hope it doesn't become a much more common NF reward.

bitsurugi

I don't worry. We are cruising on insane post speed/h in the last few days. It will only increase.

Immagine the chaos after 8.9., since it will be the day, when ppl will datamine the new gear. Oh boy....

Top Bottom