• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Just read the weekly update. Not sure what I think of it. No mention of strange coins either as a reward for the strike playlist. We know they are carrying them forward with that three coins buff you can buy from Xur. But there has been no mention of where they will drop.

I really don't fancy running prison of elders repeatedly to get the same amount of coins i would get from one strike.

Edit. Scrubby mobile posting, lack of decent gifs, top of the page hero

Shito

With not so much left to do until TTK, and the SF5 reveals / beta phases, I don't follow Destiny (and this OT) much these days, but I quite like those changes from the weekly update.
The nightfall just having normal raid revive mechanics is a very welcome change, but the fact that it no longer gives an xp/rep boost is the only thing I'm a bit sad about, only because this has been the sole motivation for me to do the nightfalls at all those past weeks / months. I hope they'll find something akin to that to motivate us into running the nightfall once we are set on the new exotics / legendaries. ^^
Moving the weekly heroic rewards to being account based is quite the genius move, and I like that this will lessen the number of times we'll be switching char / gear.

I'm all set for the 15th, took 2 weeks of vacation (not necessarily for Destiny, but I intended to take 2 weeks anytime in September, so why not make those match with TTK ^^), bring it on Bungie! <3

Haha, I like how the warlock is the scrubby race. Come at us Warlock bruhs!

And yeah, I'm not knocking the100 as a concept, because I can imagine it works very well for people if they only had DestinyLFG before it. But DGAF is love, DGAF is life and all, you know!

Yup, warlocks serve no purpose. Just leave them in the gorgons labyrinth and let them get wiped from existence.

This is it. I know where you live and I have a brick in my hand. You're playing with your Voidwalker in Trials ffs XD

Hahahaha :p

I'm already a blinking shotgun Thorn scrub, might as well add playing as a Warlock to that list for full scrubbiness! Come at my Ram bruhs!

Stop spamming the OT you two. We have psn, b.net, whatsapp and Facebook for that ;)

Just read the weekly update. Not sure what I think of it. No mention of strange coins either as a reward for the strike playlist. We know they are carrying them forward with that three coins buff you can buy from Xur. But there has been no mention of where they will drop.

I really don't fancy running prison of elders repeatedly to get the same amount of coins i would get from one strike.

Edit. Scrubby mobile posting, lack of decent gifs, top of the page hero

Mark Noseworthy tweeted:

"In Destiny TTK, Strange Coins are not going away even though the Weekly source is gone. Coins will still appear in a variety of activities."

and:

"Strange Coins Part Deux: to offset the Weekly going away, they will drop more frequently (from non-Weekly sources). Xur still likes 'em."

Shito

Mark Noseworthy tweeted:

"In Destiny TTK, Strange Coins are not going away even though the Weekly source is gone. Coins will still appear in a variety of activities."

and:

"Strange Coins Part Deux: to offset the Weekly going away, they will drop more frequently (from non-Weekly sources). Xur still likes 'em."
Yeah, I'm ready to bet they the drop increase won't be that drastic, and that one of the main goals of this change is to make it so we are not guaranteed / able to obtain 27 of them each week. :)
Those 500+ piles need to shrink down...

Nuszka

Guess I'm gonna stock up on some weekly coins in the next two weeks before TTK hits. My supply is quite low atm. Any of my old Destiny bros up for some weekly & nightfall running tonight (GMT +1)?

Until Dawn's gotta wait.

I will be online in about 2 hours if you want to do a weekly.

Yeah, I'm ready to bet they the drop increase won't be that drastic, and that one of the main goals of this change is to make it so we are not guaranteed 27 of them each week. :)

Yeah, probably. I hope at least I can grind PoE 28 for them when in desperate need.

I'm more "worried" about the legendary marks, though.
They keep saying you can earn an unlimited amount of them every week, yet all the activities seem to have a limited amount of runs that reward them (revealed thus far).

Shito

Yeah, probably. I hope at least I can grind PoE 28 for them when in desperate need.

I'm more "worried" about the legendary marks, though.
They keep saying you can earn an unlimited amount of them every week, yet all the activities seem to have a limited amount of runs that reward them (revealed thus far).
Well, the way I see it is that the direct source of marks will be limited each week, but you can still win some by sharding legendary gear. So I suppose the "indirect way" to farm them will be to farm activities that can reward purples, and shard them for marks.
Not ideal, but hey... ^^

bitsurugi

Ufff, had a 45 min read to catch up with the topic. This is getting tougher every day, can't immagine how much it will take to catch up in the days prior to the TTK.

I am really, REALLY glad about ALL the changes of the non raid end game activities.

Kudos to Bungie. They did indeed feel like a chore, but most of all, they were all boring, except NF's, but those you needed to rush thru on day1, 3 times. Now that will be better, you can do them ANY time you want, without loosing effectiveness.

I hope dailies will have random modifiers, on the long run, it will be bad, if you have a certain story mission with the one and only static modifier.

Only thing it was not clear for me is this:

- you get a 100% legendary engram on the 1st heroic strike ''per character''. Thus basically, make you run 1 time on each of the characters, instead of ANY character. Not sure if it is like prison of elders keys from queen bounties, which is guaranteed once per account. Would love some clarification on those.

PVP Nightfall bounties: seems like we will run pvp on all 3 chars. Might be a chore, since some bounties require to do the daily pvp every day, thus making a daily pvp chore on all 3 chars. I would love to do pvp on any char i want to be effective.

JayHayabusa

Yup, warlocks serve no purpose. Just leave them in the gorgons labyrinth and let them get wiped from existence.

Stop spamming the OT you two. We have psn, b.net, whatsapp and Facebook for that ;)

For the first 8 months of Destiny I ran one character: A Sunsinger OG Warlock. Back in early May I would've argued heavily with u Death.

But after leveling a Titan and a Hunter around HoW, there is no going back! I only play warlock for the weekly activities. Other times she's on the outisde looking in at her sisters Titan and Hunter having all the fun!

Add me to your enlightened clan Death:)

Well, the way I see it is that the direct source of marks will be limited each week, but you can still win some by sharding legendary gear. So I suppose the "indirect way" to farm them will be to farm activities that can reward purples, and shard them for marks.
Not ideal, but hey... ^^

That would be... pretty disappointing.
It at least sounds very limiting, I guess we shall see on the 8th.

Legendary marks is definitely looking like they will be the gate to progression, for all the QoL upgrades they have to have one

125 marks alone for an exotic upgrade and as they stop at 200 you're going to have to buy something each time you max them and it may not always be the correct decision or RNG will burn you and give you the same item 5 minutes later

Back from your awesome holidays?
Have a nice trip, and lots of those stupid movies that are only enjoyable in a plane! :)

Yeah going back to Melbourne. Thanks and I'll probably just sleep on the flight...business class upgrade and all :p

For the first 8 months of Destiny I ran one character: A Sunsinger OG Warlock. In May I would've argued heavily with u Death.

But after leveling a Titan and a Hunter around HoW, there is no going back! I only play warlock for the weekly activities. Other times she's on the outisde looking in at her sisters Titan and Hunter having all the fun!

Add me to your enlightened clan Death:)

Lol, glad you saw the light! You wanna join clan SEXY? Just go to bungie.net and sign up, it's that easy.

Shito

I'm in the "warlocks are least fun class" camp.
Waiting to see if the third subclass will make a dent in that cemented opinion of mine... :)

Yeah going back to Melbourne. Thanks and I'll probably just sleep on the flight...business class upgrade and all :p
Wow, I've never flown anything but economy.
Enjoy it you lucky bastard! :)

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I've been wanting a Monte Carlo for months. But whatever, I abandoned my warlock and titan anyways.

Maybe a 4th Horseman

They're moving the nightfall buff to crucible right? I'm good with that :)

Nightfall level rewards are coming to crucible the buff has gone completely

Weekly PVP Ritual

Nightfall was built as a ritual experience for groups of three players in PVE. In Year 1, we didn't have a good weekly ritual experience for PVP players.

Once players have completed the PVP Intro chain on Lord Shaxx, they receive access to the Weekly PVP quests on Lord Shaxx and the PVP Quartermaster.

Each week, Lord Shaxx has a Bounty called "The True Meaning of War." Completing this Bounty each week (which requires completing the PVP weeklies) grants players Nightfall tier rewards.

Mark Noseworthy tweeted:

and:

Thanks for the info! Glad I'm sat on 350+ of them. Best start doing weeklys before the patch hits.

GlamFM

Banned
I feel like they're taking away everything that made the nightfall what it is and now it doesn't sound that challenging anymore.

The exotic/legendary drops are still there - so there is that.

But it seems they want the NF to be more casual friendly. I assume their data revealed that not a lot of people ran it.

Shito

But it seems they want the NF to be more casual friendly. I assume their data revealed that not a lot of people ran it.
Their justification for it is that it forced people to play it too conservatively (ie: cheese it), and I quite agree with that.
In a game where any minion can OHKO you, having such a severe rule in place was not a very good idea, and this is mainly what lead people to search for and use all those cheesing strats.

DY_nasty

Where is he?
On spawn in the tower take a right. He's looking at the ships come in

And these are all armors that I don't have so I'm cashing in. Year 2, I believe.

edit: wooooooooooooooooooooooooooord engram gave me khepri's sting - i've been wanting that for a while too. thanks xur, true bro

Their justification for it is that it forced people to play it too conservatively (ie: cheese it), and I quite agree with that.
In a game where any minion can OHKO you, having such a severe rule in place was not a very good idea, and this is mainly what lead people to search for and use all those cheesing strats.

Yep, it's been stupid since launch, I realized this when the archon priest required hanging out under that launch pad thing and sniping/rocketing him. I was always worried we couldn't complete it the next week, then it got easy. The idea behind it is good but it's poorly executed.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I love the change to make more stuff account bound and not character specific.

Gonna be interesting to see how it turns out.

That 18GB download on PSN is gonna take a week :/

bitsurugi

Why would that be casual friendly?

From what i have read it is even less casual friendly, since you don't go to orbit, but nowhere it says you dont wipe to the start of the strike (!!). So it might be the same, w/o the super depressing and tedious reload of the mission.

Revive timer is now 30 sec, up from 0:00 which is now (this also prevents non stop revive spam in Omnigul small room exploit).

If they made the change, that you wipe and restart at a checkpoint.. well, that's indeed more casual friendly, but, tbh, i wouldn't mind that. Now strikes basically REQUIRE you to cheese:
immagine Phogoth on arc burn, lightswitch, angry, w/0 a Y2 version of a Fatebringer and w/o using the small room cheese. Good luck with that!

I would rather try 10 times and have fun, than staying hidden 100m away, shooting the boss with armor piercing snipers. That's not hardcore imo, it's just bad design.

DY_nasty

Why would that be casual friendly?

From what i have read it is even less casual friendly, since you don't go to orbit, but nowhere it says you dont wipe to the start of the strike (!!). So it might be the same, w/o the super depressing and tedious reload of the mission.

Revive timer is now 30 sec, up from 0:00 which is now (this also prevents non stop revive spam in Omnigul small room exploit).

If they made the change, that you wipe and restart at a checkpoint.. well, that's indeed more casual friendly, but, tbh, i wouldn't mind that. Now strikes basically REQUIRE you to cheese:
immagine Phogoth on arc burn, lightswitch, angry, w/0 a Y2 version of a Fatebringer and w/o using the small room cheese. Good luck with that!

I would rather try 10 times and have fun, than staying hidden 100m away, shooting the boss with armor piercing snipers. That's not hardcore imo, it's just bad design.
They said they're adopting the raid wipe system.

Phogoth has always been easy. The Nexus strike mission, if cheese-proofed would be hell.

Thankfully, they also seem pretty committed to reworking all of the strikes so meh

eFKac

Got the Alpha Lupi, only exotic for my Gunslinger build I have.

What's the opinion on Plan C?
I have Thorn and Invective from exotic weapons.

Top Bottom