• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Tjamato88

Alright, here we are. Join the group or groups that best suit your play habits.
Just click the friendly chibi guardians to go to the group.

Please leave the DestinyGAF Test Group at your convenience, unless you have an active game session in it, as this group will only be used as an organizational group for sherpas going forward.

(DestinyGAF UK is still pending a rename, but that's the correct group for the top left one)
Is there not just a group for middle hours EST? I usually play from 9 or 9:30 to about midnight on week nights and whenever I can on weekends.

I have the feeling that getting 27 coins on a given lockout period is going to take longer than doing 3 weekly heroics as is now. Shutting down a faucet but still having a sink (Xur) only benefits players who stock piled coins for months, and punishes players who didn't while drop rate was more generous (either new players or more casual ones).

As someone who has a lot of coins, I'm very okay with their decision. Mainly because Strange Coins are too easy to get and stock pile. Also, I may be wrong here, but it seems like most of the new Exotics will have non-RNG based ways of getting them. Sleeper Simulant for example has you collect stuff in the open world. Bungie has been doing the Exotic bounty thing a lot since they realized fans like it. So I think Xûr will probably have a lot of old Exotics in tow for us, and very few new ones. In other words, you'll have plenty of time to collect coins for Xûr when he brings something you actually want.

chur

Thanks to you and GutZ I'm now at 33 :cheer:

Sorry my mic was being so weird. I was trying to be quiet since my girlfriend was asleep but I think it has to do with me channeling all my sound into that little mono mic. It's horrible.
Should've woken her up to witness your triumph lol.

No problem man, that mic is pretty bad. Most phones come with a mic, it's not that great but definitely better that the PlayStation one. Try to use those instead if you can.

They're not and I don't know why people were aiming they would go away. It's almost like the freak out when ppl made assumptions about mats no longer being sold.

Let's all freak out! I wish I didn't use so many strange coins to get motes for rerolling / exotic engrams back when. I'll probably do 3x weekly heroics this week haha

Tjamato88

Should've woken her up to witness your triumph lol.

No problem man, that mic is pretty bad. Most phones come with a mic, it's not that great but definitely better that the PlayStation one. Try to use those instead if you can.
Yeah I'll look into getting something else. I think I have an iPhone mic lying around somewhere.

Silvard

A new currency or resetting everyone's coins is a mere temporary fix. The hardcore players will have a huge stash again in no time since xur only sells new things once in a blue moon. Taking muh coins will just upset the highly volatile fanbase.

Amirite Mr. Smith?

There's also the alternative of leaving the faucet alone and just adding new uses for coins, like the three of coin thing.

As someone who has a lot of coins, I'm very okay with their decision. Mainly because Strange Coins are too easy to get and stock pile. Also, I may be wrong here, but it seems like most of the new Exotics will have non-RNG based ways of getting them. Sleeper Simulant for example has you collect stuff in the open world. Bungie has been doing the Exotic bounty thing a lot since they realized fans like it. So I think Xûr will probably have a lot of old Exotics in tow for us, and very few new ones. In other words, you'll have plenty of time to collect coins for Xûr when he brings something you actually want.

That's kind of my point...

Ordered the TTK deluxe edition, and have everything loaded and ready to go. Time to dust off my 28 titan.

They're allowing people to boost one class to 25, right? I'm itching to try out warlock.

So, Xur will keep selling Exotics for strange Coins, but we won't be able to earn them from Weekly Heroics?

The nose knows the answer you seek.

emKNDXh.jpg

Well my phone just hit 5% and my charger is in my car while I'm in bed already. Goodnight DGAF. See yall probably in Forever29.

I'm sure Xur will generate a good pagefull haha

maomaoIYP

True that. I just don't care all that much for 6v6 in general and it's only exacerbated by those maps. I wish they would take those two and Cauldron out and put in the big vehicle maps in their place for Iron Banner.

Yeah I really miss the big vehicle maps that were still in the playlist back in vanilla.

Spoo

Doing the weekly with some friends but afterward I think we're going to do Crotas End on normal (one of our party has never done it before). We'll probably need 3 more, for whoever is interested in going! (~30 min-1 hr)

Wait on the topic of PvP maps. I think asylum is the WORST! Anomaly isn't as bad, for me.

But yes, bastion and last light. They'd be epic for iron banner :(

The three worst control maps 1. Being worst
1. Asylum
2. Cauldron
3. Anomaly

I don't know what maps I actually like for control. Burning Shrine is okay. Blind Watch, rusted lands, and shores of time all have shit A capture points. I dislike Twilight Gap in general. Maybe Dlc maps.

There's also the alternative of leaving the faucet alone and just adding new uses for coins, like the three of coin thing.

That's kind of my point...

I know, that's why I made sure to admit that I have a lot. But I still think you'll have plenty of chances to get coins through out the week.

shermas

Wait on the topic of PvP maps. I think asylum is the WORST! Anomaly isn't as bad, for me.

But yes, bastion and last light. They'd be epic for iron banner :(

When/where do Bastion and Last Light pop up? I only recently started spending any time in PvP... and when I Crucible, I usually play control. IB with randoms/no chat had me pulling my hair out earlier today. First time I've tried to grind that mode.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Is there not just a group for middle hours EST? I usually play from 9 or 9:30 to about midnight on week nights and whenever I can on weekends.
That's late hours for sure. lol. Did you think I meant midnight to 4:00am??

Hehe. If you do tend to play a lot earlier in the day on weekends, you can join the other group as well, just give it a day or two.
Hey hawk, what about the middle hours of the day? 4 to 10 pm?
Up to you really, but I'd go with late. I saw people posting raids and PoE groups this week for like 11:00AM, 12:30PM my time, which I can neeeever do by a long shot (and EU gaffers have a good chance of being able to join), and that's the kind of thing I largely had in mind by Early Hours, but I also left it intentionally vague for people to self-select.

Same deal, if you really want to you can eventually join both and get the full effect.

edit: I just saw the "we usually play between x:00-y:00" thing in the groups may have been misleading, I just tried to redo them to more closely match what I'd describe as early and late. Sorry about that. That field is required and kind of confusing in the options, I wish it wasn't needed at all.

GutZ31

Yeah I'll look into getting something else. I think I have an iPhone mic lying around somewhere.

For the cheaper side of chat, $15 will get you the Vita in-ear headphones.

A good step up from that would be turtle beaches for around $40-$170, but these are $57.

Also for open ear headphone on the cheap, this is a pretty good deal, also turtle beach for $14.

And for a pretty much buy and done headset, I highly recommend the HyperX Cloud headset. It will set you back about $78, but worth it if you want quality and long life.

Astros are the more expensive gaming headsets, and are very high quality. steelseries is pretty good quality as well, and has a range of prices, but harder for me to lock down whats good and meh in the list of stuff they have.

I recommend anything other than the provided mic in most cases, as for some reason, the mic is easily blocked by lint, or debris which makes it almost impossible to talk to anyone in a meaningful way in party chat.

I will say I have run into a few players with the mono ear-phone that sounded awesome, but they are few and far between, so if you haven't invested a few bucks into a new headset, please consider doing so.

This isnt totally directed at you TJ, just wish to use your post as an example for people coming back, or not using mics in the first place to take notice hopefully.
Hey Drizzy, if it's Pantheon for Trials tomorrow, I need 3 runs

tumblr_nsj1qnHUKT1tuqgblo1_400.gif
I think I just heard Drizz get in his car and drive it off a cliff.
WHY WOULD YOU POST THIS FILTH?!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
35 joined up in the pvp group, that is awesomesauce if I do say so. While I've been lucky enough to never have any issues forming groups for PvE content of any kind, setting up advance PvP fireteams is something I can really see myself using the100.io for.

DjRalford

I need to play the shit outta IB when i finish work Monday morning, i am at lvl 2 at the moment but i want to get to at least 3 so i can pick up that etheric light.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
People don't like asylum? I really like that map. The flows is good for me. And I like Patheon too.

I don't know if I truly hate any of the maps. I do miss seeing Last Light, Firebase Delphi and Blind Watch though.

I don't understand why the latter two would be completely eliminated from IB playlists.

People don't like asylum? I really like that map. The flows is good for me. And I like Patheon too.

I don't know if I truly hate any of the maps. I do miss seeing Last Light, Firebase Delphi and Blind Watch though.

I don't understand why the latter two would be completely eliminated from IB playlists.
They need to include the bigger maps into IB and control. No idea why they're set on just leaving him to rot in the vehicle playlist only. Need some maps where you're aloud to breath.

Top Bottom