• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

GutZ31

I haven't played first light in ages. I think they tossed it out like smelly garbage.

Its only in combined arms playlist now.
Wish Iron Banner kind of cycled through game modes, and was every week.
They could set it so that you can't buy from lord saladin for one week, but level up your rank with him for the first week. On the second week, it opens up, and you can still level up your rank, but also now buy from him. Once the week is going to be the third, it resets, and picks a new game mode, locking lord saladin and resetting your rank again for a new fortnight of iron banner.

But bungie won't do it because I don't work for them.

XAL

Looking for some people to play with on XBO that play regularly. I'm on west coast usually free after 4pm.

Had like 3 level 32/31 characters on PS4 before everyone playing it quit the game on my list. So I'm pretty experienced, veteran Halo player as well (will be getting Halo 5).

Would love to find some people who can help me go through VOG and Crota on Hard, maybe POE for the triumphs. (I've done both of the raids on PS4, only done POE on 28 so far on XBO).

Would be mega grateful if someone could carry my ass through these (as the friends I do have on XBL right now are really busy and can't play a whole lot).

Right now I have a level 32.5 Warlock with Gjallarhorn.

Gamertag: XAL

https://www.bungie.net/en/Profile/254/8951

Also trying to get rank 5 on IB, currently at 2.6.

Shiv47

Pffft I dunno if that counts as a newbie raid, we wrecked that shit!

Ocean, lmao, your brother ended up running with us! Sorry I didn't think to post and stream it. Our 6th was a no-show and he had thought that you signed him up this week, so it worked out. He did great. Everyone did really.

That was another zero-Gjallarhorn run for me too, I'm gonna have to start handicapping myself a little more I think ;)

Thanks again for taking us through it. I was afraid I was going to shit everything up after that initial section where I kept getting killed, but it got much better after. Had a great time.

so with close to 2,000 weapon parts and over 500 motes of light, I decided to gamble a bit for shits and giggles.

Earlier, I had a match in IB that dropped my first Ash Factory for me, and then immediately afterwards, Radegast's Fury.

100 motes of light later and a crap ton of glimmmer, finally got the perfect rolls on both.

Now I get to enjoy these for.........a few days.......before they're worthless.

Matt_C

Right now on the Xbox 360, me and someone else is in Round 3 on Prison of Elders Level 35. My gamertag is Matarick. We need only one more person.

rc213

Any GAFers running an IB Train? I got home from work early and need something to do :)

Thanks for the games, Much better than playing with randomns.

I did notice tonight that a lot of the laggers always ended up at the bottom of the losing teams. Did all the good ones get banned?

daedalius

Really pleased with that change to the nightfall skull, was just suggesting something similar to my wife and a friend a few days ago.

Also I can't wait for the 8th now

Made it for the new OT! Whoo!

Is it just me, or is TKK focusing more on playing with one character, instead of 3? Now that more stuff is becoming account bound instead of character bound, it seems like they are reducing the grind for players who only play with one character.
On the other hand, if you continue to play with three characters, your remaining two characters wont be able to get a lot of rewards from stuff anymore, thus increasing the need to grind stuff like legendary marks out some other way.

On a side note, now that I've caught up a bit:
the100 seems like a really, really bad idea and is just shifting the "problem" (which I dont see) to another website.
People that often play together in a community form groups, its normal. Does it keep them from playing with others? I think only a quick glance at people helping out others everyday is needed to answer that question.
Use GAF to find players you like and often group up with them. Doesnt seem like rocket science to me.

krioto

As a semi-regular player I hope I'll still just be able to post in these threads to team up - had some great games with fellow Gaffers teaming up on here.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
nobody who has thus far enjoyed the experience of using our OTs to form groups should remotely concern themselves with the100 unless otherwise interested in it as a tool. Nothing is being "shifted" and no one is expected to rely on external sites to get groups if they'd rather get them here. The net effect should be essentially zero at worst to someone who is satisfied with the way things have been run, and hopefully a tangible good for those who have had issues keeping up with the threads, or have other difficulties with "pick up and play" grouping.

It would be helpful if you could elucidate why you're calling it a "really, really bad idea" rather than just something that you personally deem unnecessary.
Thanks again for taking us through it. I was afraid I was going to shit everything up after that initial section where I kept getting killed, but it got much better after. Had a great time.
I love the abyss/pit, it's just pure chaos, and then after you run it a bunch you start to just get a feel for the dark and where to go. It's like the first scene in an action movie, just WHAM!

GhaleonEB

Is it just me, or is TKK focusing more on playing with one character, instead of 3? Now that more stuff is becoming account bound instead of character bound, it seems like they are reducing the grind for players who only play with one character.

On the other hand, if you continue to play with three characters, your remaining two characters wont be able to get a lot of rewards from stuff anymore, thus increasing the need to grind stuff like legendary marks out some other way.
Yeah, a lot of what they are doing is streamlining so content does not need to be run as often. Which makes sense, given there is going to be a lot more of it.

On a side note, now that I've caught up a bit:
the100 seems like a really, really bad idea and is just shifting the "problem" (which I dont see) to another website.
People that often play together in a community form groups, its normal. Does it keep them from playing with others? I think only a quick glance at people helping out others everyday is needed to answer that question.
Use GAF to find players you like and often group up with them. Doesnt seem like rocket science to me.
I'm staying out of this one other than to note my total dismay at the development.

These posts about Control maps . . . Wow. Cauldron is always fun when I play it, Anomaly never had any issues. Haven't had Asylum pip up in many control matches so can't comment.

Pantheon is my most hated Control. Near impossible tier to capture any points after they've already been claimed. Makes me mad seeing people stand idle capturing A or C in the beginning when the winner is determined by who can get B in the first 15 seconds.

ocean

Banned
Pffft I dunno if that counts as a newbie raid, we wrecked that shit!

Ocean, lmao, your brother ended up running with us! Sorry I didn't think to post and stream it. Our 6th was a no-show and he had thought that you signed him up this week, so it worked out. He did great. Everyone did really.

That was another zero-Gjallarhorn run for me too, I'm gonna have to start handicapping myself a little more I think ;)
Oh man this was like 4am for me. I fell asleep and didn't remember to tell him I hadn't signed him up.

Glad to hear it went fine! :)

Raybunny

Good morning swexy ones. After reading a possible "solution" regarding our 100+ members interest on the 100io platform I decide to stay out of it. In my case, it means that I will need to be on 2/3 groups cause of my playing hours, 2 more chats to check up ( I like to read ) and switch between 3 different posting cms's. I'll keep myself here till something pertinent pops up.

An idea mentioned in the 100io gaf chat was to develop something similar that fits Gaf needs. Sounds good but a lot of research to be done before it takes off.

As for today's objectives:

Swordbearing a ton, 20 VIP kills, 3 characters dailies and the rest on skirmish.

Interesting weekly update. The difference between launch and a year later is night and day, however I'm firmly in the camp where i feel they're making the game too vanilla

I'm still hyped for it but at the end of the day its just going to be an expansion. Theres going to be no doubt a gate on Bungies part to slow progression but as part of the 1%ers who are ahead of the game I've got a feeling we're going to hit a wall with it pretty quickly

I can guarantee for all the talk of people taking there time, Day1 will be spent burning through all the story missions as quickly as possible taking zero notice of whats going on to hit lvl40 so the NF can be played

On the whole 100 thing, I only set up the group just to show there was a potential answer during the original clique talk, Inchi made another later and it was picked up from there. It can definitely have a place, maybe just with dedicated sherpas and people who struggle to play can join up to get there raids as most of us already have a pool of friends we can raid with and despite what people say the thread isn't hard to get a group if people are interested but at the stage we're at now, everyones taking it easy with the game, or have no interest in running Crota for the 1000th time and for no rewards. I even struggled to get more than 3 to do Crota last night

Once TTK drops people will be moaning that groups are filling up to fast and the 100 will die a death

maomaoIYP

These posts about Control maps . . . Wow. Cauldron is always fun when I play it, Anomaly never had any issues. Haven't had Asylum pip up in many control matches so can't comment.

Pantheon is my most hated Control. Near impossible tier to capture any points after they've already been claimed. Makes me mad seeing people stand idle capturing A or C in the beginning when the winner is determined by who can get B in the first 15 seconds.
I always make it a point to hold B because randoms love to snipe on pantheon no matter how much they suck at it. It's super frustrating when you're the lone dude capturing B and all your teammates are at the special ammo box for the entire duration of the match.

Isn't PSN supposed to have "communities" in 3.0, the one that's going to beta in a few weeks? If that is what I think it is, it could basically serve the same purpose, of course that's all subjective because I've no clue exactly how Sony plans on executing it. If done well, it will be huge for DGAF

Yeah, a lot of what they are doing is streamlining so content does not need to be run as often. Which makes sense, given there is going to be a lot more of it.

Yeah, that makes sense. With all current content added on top of TKK content, there is no way you're going to be able to run everything 3 times a week. Not a bad development per se. Who knows, it may even give us some time to play other games then Destiny once in a while!

Concerning the100, do I really need to explain why splitting up the community in groups of +-100 is a bad idea? Especially since its motivated by people saying that GAF is too "clique-y"? You're basically turning GAF into cliques by doing this. Because what if it does pick up? What do you think is going to happen? I'm pretty sure people are going to stay confined within their own the100 groups. Especially for people who dont play regularly, it doesnt work that well IMO.

I can imagine LFG on GAF hasnt been that smooth recently, I have experienced it as well. But, that has a lot to do with people being tired with the current content. Once TKK drops, you'll have to try real hard not to find a group quite quickly on GAF.

Its a solution to a soon-to-be non-existing problem (if the current state can even be called a problem). All of us started out on DGAF not knowing a lot of people. Just by being somewhat active here however, I think lots of us have made 50-100 friends they can run stuff with, discuss stuff with, have fun with, etc. Why take that away from DGAF and shift it to the100? I honestly dont see why you would think this was a good idea.

There are so many reasons I could give you, but I'll end this by saying I do not stand alone in this sentiment. It will lead to alienation. Everyone should do whatever they want, thats your prerogative, but this will be detrimental to the dgaf experience.

deadduck

On the other hand, if you continue to play with three characters, your remaining two characters wont be able to get a lot of rewards from stuff anymore, thus increasing the need to grind stuff like legendary marks out some other way..

It's account bound, but you can choose to run it 3 times with one character or 1 time with 3 characters. Just more choice, easier with one but nothing is taken away for players like us with 3.

:)

It's account bound, but you can choose to run it 3 times with one character or 1 time with 3 characters. Just more choice, easier with one but nothing is taken away for players like us with 3.

:)

Ah, I read it as having to finish all 3 on a single character, my mistake. Thats actually an awesome change then, people who only have time for 1 char can get the same amount of rewards as those with 3. Nice Bungie!

recks

Concerning the100, do I really need to explain why splitting up the community in groups of +-100 is a bad idea? Especially since its motivated by people saying that GAF is too "clique-y"? You're basically turning GAF into cliques by doing this. Because what if it does pick up? What do you think is going to happen? I'm pretty sure people are going to stay confined within their own the100 groups. Especially for people who dont play regularly, it doesnt work that well IMO.

I can imagine LFG on GAF hasnt been that smooth recently, I have experienced it as well. But, that has a lot to do with people being tired with the current content. Once TKK drops, you'll have to try real hard not to find a group quite quickly on GAF.

Its a solution to a soon-to-be non-existing problem (if the current state can even be called a problem). All of us started out on DGAF not knowing a lot of people. Just by being somewhat active here however, I think lots of us have made 50-100 friends they can run stuff with, discuss stuff with, have fun with, etc. Why take that away from DGAF and shift it to the100? I honestly dont see why you would think this was a good idea.

There are so many reasons I could give you, but I'll end this by saying I do not stand alone in this sentiment. It will lead to alienation. Everyone should do whatever they want, thats your prerogative, but this will be detrimental to the dgaf experience.
I completely agree with you. I really don't get what the benefit from making 5(?) groups on the100 will be, all I can see it doing is splitting the community and driving away new members.

Yeah, that makes sense. With all current content added on top of TKK content, there is no way you're going to be able to run everything 3 times a week. Not a bad development per se. Who knows, it may even give us some time to play other games then Destiny once in a while!

I like the concept of not having to grind everything with each class. Titan master race for everything pve, hunter master race for everything pvp and warlock scrubby race for going to the tower and dancing like an idiot :p

The 100 lfg thingy is a good concept and I hope it works, but in a few weeks I imagine everyone will be posting and asking for groups over here. Personally I've never, ever used a lfg site for finding groups, but if the 100 lfg helps people find games faster, then it would have served its purpose.

I'm always up for helping anyone that needs it though... :)

I'll start the 500 machine gun kills for SGA today (when I pickup the ammunition module from Xur later today).
What's the best (fastest) way to do it and where?

I'll start the 500 machine gun kills for SGA today (when I pickup the ammunition module from Xur later today).

Siege of the Warmind you get about 50 per run (don't kill the major knight and jump off the platform). Or try and warrior your way through the abyss, also The Dark Below (you've woken the hive)

My tip is to take a slow firing machine gun (like a Jolder's Hammer or the vanilla The Swarm if you still have that) and go for headshots, as these give 3 points towards your bounty. Don't use any rockets, they will remove 5 points. As always the Dark Beyond might be a good spot for that.

I like the concept of not having to grind everything with each class. Titan master race for everything pve, hunter master race for everything pvp and warlock scrubby race for going to the tower and dancing like an idiot :p

Take that back or I'm burning all these stroopwafels :p

The 100 lfg thingy is a good concept and I hope it works, but in a few weeks I imagine everyone will be posting and asking for groups over here. Personally I've never, ever used a lfg site for finding groups, but if the 100 lfg helps people find games faster, then it would have served its purpose.

I'm always up for helping anyone that needs it though... :)

Haha, I like how the warlock is the scrubby race. Come at us Warlock bruhs!

And yeah, I'm not knocking the100 as a concept, because I can imagine it works very well for people if they only had DestinyLFG before it. But DGAF is love, DGAF is life and all, you know!

We've woken the hive.

Siege of the Warmind you get about 50 per run (don't kill the major knight and jump off the platform). Or try and warrior your way through the abyss, also The Dark Below (you've woken the hive)

My tip is to take a slow firing machine gun (like a Jolder's Hammer or the vanilla The Swarm if you still have that) and go for headshots, as these give 3 points towards your bounty. Don't use any rockets, they will remove 5 points. As always the Dark Beyond might be a good spot for that.

Thanks for the tips folks!
Can't wait to get this gun. :)

edit: for the EU crowd, what happened overnight in regards to the100? Can't go through 25+ pages atm... :/ Will we (DGAF community) use that or not?

Nuszka

Morning dgaf, not slept much last night. So far pretty happy with the info from last nights weekly update. Only thing i hope i will not miss out to much when the update releases on 8th (away on vacation to Italy between 5th and 12th), i will leave my console to get the update downloaded. We might as well expect some more info from data mining. Hype is real.
Now back to my daily routine 3x daily public event and then crucible.

Jinjo

Guess I'm gonna stock up on some weekly coins in the next two weeks before TTK hits. My supply is quite low atm. Any of my old Destiny bros up for some weekly & nightfall running tonight (GMT +1)?

Until Dawn's gotta wait.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
the improvement is so very real lol

KzTBY4j.jpg

http://destinytracker.com/destiny/crucible/ps/DY_nastyIV

Top Bottom