• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT3| Oh sweet a Legen- wait never mind, it's a rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraXzy

We've called it a night on the raid again. But we made some serious progress. Got the tactic down.. gonna make a fresh start tomorrow with clear heads.

Ken

After 50+ hours of game time, I feel like my best description for Destiny is it's a highly replayable Halo game without the Halo, interspersed with a lot of MMO buzzwords without fully understanding them.

Pimpbaa

The in-game dialog and cutscenes should have clarified that, then.

What race you are doesn't affect any dialog or cutscenes in the game. The only thing picking a race does is decide what head is stuck on a generic body while in the tower (and certain cutscenes). And of course outside of that, everyone wears a helmet so you race means absolutely nothing then. I mean fucking Exo's have a heart beat noise when there health is low. Zero effort was made to differentiate races. Makes me wonder why they even bothered to make races other than humans in the first place.

Anyone up for the weekly strike like right now? I am a level 20 hunter so you'll have to deal with that... but I'm pretty decent so I can make it work with a team of 3. I think...

Even if you don't want to rock right now, just add me anyway and we can play later when I catch up to all you higher levels. PSN: GKW212

zma1013

Nice! Need to add a Guardian in mid-jump though.

DestinyLoot-1.jpg

I don't know how to replace the original in Photobucket or I would have just did that.

Klyka

Banned
Got my second legendary in as many days.

Got legendary boots out of it but they were worse than my vanguard bought ones so i turned them into ascended shards to upgrade my boots.

I bought chestpiece and boots from the vanguard now. Good times and no dumb farming.

MidEvlDed

They really do that? I've never seen it happen. They always chase me to near where the stairs are. Also, I played it 3 times today on the strike playlist. Good thing I like Dust Palace! One of the few boss fights that's actually fun for me.

Yup, kept backing up and jumped right off the map. Then me and the other 2 players just melee'd the hell out of the last one in the center of the helipad since its health was low. It was like we were all rising up against the bully that bullied us for too long. It doesn't know how to react when it's surrounded like that. It was pretty funny.

Cømet

Banned
Never thought I'd be so happy to get mats from a legendary engram. Another level on my legendaries booties complete.

EDIT: @Dax- if you're going to hunt marks, do public events. 4 marks per event and they last minutes, and pop up every fifteen. I do Russia for this, but if someone's worked out the schedule for the other planets they'd certainly be more interesting to hang out on at this point.

(Bounties too of course. Wish we could get more than five a day)

jett

D-Member
The Giant Bomb article about the lack of meaningful completion loot for the Raid is making rethink if I want to attempt the raid this weekend, or at all until Bungie acknowledges it's loot system issues and patches or hot fixes it.

I'd be much better off with the Nightfall it seems.

If they patch this shit I demand a free care package delivered to the postmaster immediately.

Only fully upgraded lv 20 blues.
Remember, those blues with light on them start at lv 16.

Yes.

Yeah, that's what I mean in my hastily-composed post. Wow. I just got re-addicted to this game... again... for like the fourth time... for the second time over... again...

If you can't tell, I have a love-hate relationship with this game.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Cømet;130487543 said:
Never thought I'd be so happy to get mats from a legendary engram. Another level on my legendaries booties complete.

The majority of legendaries I get from engrams now get broken down for mats. All I want is the mats to level up my raid and exotic pieces.

MidEvlDed

I don't know how you people have the patience for this. It would take like two hours of farming to get the that asshole to move up one level.

Luck really avoids some people in this game and not others. The last two times I leveled him (lvl 6 & 7) he game me legendaries, and both times they decoded into something useful for me.

But I have only seen 1 legendary in the wild.

Zafir

The first legendary engram I found was at level 24. They don't even seem to drop before that from the people I know and my experiences.

Anyone down for the Weekly Heroic Strike on PS4? I'm lvl 25. PSN tag is JxOxHxNxSxOxN

I'm a level 20. I'd do it with you.

I'll add you either way... you let me know, i won't take offense if I'm not a high enough level for you.

I finally have time to play this game so, if not tonight, we'll play together when I catch up to you.

PSN: GKW212

After another day of playing this I'm glad to say that I appreciate and enjoy Bungie's vision for this game and I have never played a game where re-doing shit is just so damn fun. Going on Strikes with my buddies or with random people is really good fun.

But fuck Legendary Engrams. I've handed in so much and have gotten 3 legendary items, two weapons and a helmet that wasn't for my class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom