• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT3| Oh sweet a Legen- wait never mind, it's a rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's decided.

I'm going to finish the "campaign" tonight.

Duuuuun dun dun dun...dun!

"campaign"

"story"

"plot"

dr%20evil%20laser.jpg

Those stories are just from the final boss kill.
The raid doesn't have the typical final summation like strikes do, so people feel ripped off. Things just pop on the right hand side of your screen the second you hit a major checkpoint.

Aaaaaah. Cool. Then yeah fuck it, I'll just get enough to do the raid (level 26) and then farm ascendant shards however the fuck I can find them later.

Sushi Nao

In contrast to how disjointed and inconsequential that Destiny's main narrative is, I find the writing in the flavour text on weapons and armour to be phenomenal. Much, much more effective at world-building than any of the character interactions.

Trouble

Banned
Some people don't like dying, over and over I guess?

Actually I think I'm going to do it just to not hear...

Dinkleberry said:
WE'VE WOKEN THE HIVE! WE'VE WOKEN THE HIVE! WE'VE WOKEN THE HIVE!

Zomba13

accidentally bought this whilst browsing the speakers shop.

I don't care much though, it looks great!

You look frabjous though so it's all good. You'd only get an Exotic Engram from Xur that turns into something for a class you don't like anyway.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Aaaaaah. Cool. Then yeah fuck it, I'll just get enough to do the raid (level 26) and then farm ascendant shards however the fuck I can find them later.

Ascendant materials come from the following:
Raid chests
Raid checkpoints
Public events
Dismantling legendary or exotic items.

I have already broken down 2 pairs of legendary boots to get some of this stuff.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
All this Cryptarch hate reminds of me of the Kadala hate from Diablo III.

At least Destiny gives you guaranteed ways to secure Legendaries. Coming from more abusive RNG games, I don't get the hate.

Ramirez

So I'm doing the thorn quest, we killed all the adds in phosgoths room, when does that dude spawn? Do we need to set phosgoth loose?

It's the adds during the fight, it's butt puckering.

^^^

Probably a lot of these guys first loot game, I'm stunned that people think they should be fully loaded a week in.

Spy

Raiding Party

As soon as the Raid is unlocked were going to have a group ready and be in the same clan so we can all receive the Raiding Party trophy.

What will I need to do?

Aside from being ready in less than 2 hours you can join the temporary clan here and set it as your PlayStation clan.

http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Forum/282209

How can I join?

Send me a PSN friend request, Neverendin. If you're not on and ready at around 1:45AM, we'll move on to the next person.
Once again, we need a couple more people level 26+ to do the Raid. Were at the Gatekeeper right now.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Just watched a video on Skywatch farming. Looks waaay slower than the moon farming method. Is there a reason to do this method over the moon?

It's more "chill," I suppose. If other people are there, I don't think you even need to participate and you can reap the benefits by being nearby. I may be wrong, though, but I know you can get exp and Glimmer from just being nearby.

The Temple of Crota is much better if you're solo, though. The Skywatch farming kind of needs multiple people to reliably kill all of the enemies before they spread out.

Zomba13

Why did we give up the moon? Who was that girl? Why couldnt we bring that dead guardian back to life?

Also, for the whole "The Hive haven't been on Earth in centuries" shit doesn't seem that true when you have Hive ships popping into Russia for public events.

It's more "chill," I suppose. If other people are there, I don't think you even need to participate and you can reap the benefits by being nearby. I may be wrong, though, but I know you can get exp and Glimmer from just being nearby.

The Temple of Crota is much better if you're solo, though. The Skywatch farming kind of needs multiple people to reliably kill all of the enemies before they spread out.

As long as you are close to other Guardians that are killing you get exp, glimmer (if using a wotsit idol) and drops even without firing a single shot. I got my Hunter from like, near lvl10 to 1/4 into 14 by sitting there watching shit on Giant Bomb.

CLBridges

Is there a reason not want keep exotics on the right side as in armor/gear? I know exotic weapons have nice perks but seems the cap for attack power is 300. That's my plan anyway, legendary weapons, exotic gear.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Why did we give up the moon? Who was that girl? Why couldnt we bring that dead guardian back to life?

I think each Ghost has the power to revive only one Guardian. I don't know what happens to the Ghosts when their Guardian dies, but I think they might just die along with them?

Yeah... I have no idea who that girl was. Didn't know if I just wasn't being attention well enough or what. I'm really hoping they're just keeping it simple now and building up to something grand.

Skele7on

Banned
You look frabjous though so it's all good. You'd only get an Exotic Engram from Xur that turns into something for a class you don't like anyway.

haha :D Yeah probably, I'm the dude running The Cryptarch twitter I have seen just how awful he can be to people. I have 21 strange coins ready anyway for the weekend...

Would probably cry if an exotic went to a different class... Getting an Exotic for a different class from a purple I can sort of see the benefit in as I will rank all 3 up anyway.

Pimp as fuck

Cheers dude :D

swear if I hear "They've escaped from the hive" once more, I don't know what I will do.

funkypie

Banned
Posted this earlier today, but lost in the fast moving thread.

I just thought of a hypothetical way to farm for drops in the crucible. I probably wouldn't do this since it'd be a lot of work and you're still at the mercy of the RNG, but people are saying the better drops do come from PvP.

Can 6 players form a fireteam and play skirmish or rumble against each other? You could work it out so that one player gets all the kills on one other player, next game they switch places so K/D is not affected. One spot on the map can be designated the kill spot so each player just sprints there to their kill/death as fast as possible. Matches would end super fast and there would be potential legendary or exotic drops for everyone at the end of each match.

Or just tell one team to quit. I've had legendary from the other team quitting at the start.

DesertFox

40kZmbk.jpg

Never gets old

lol
4 years of development time has produced a game where end game progression is reduced to this.

#slowclap.gif

Perhaps Bungie needs to market the reputation system better, eh? In that time farming those engrams, everyone would have level 3 vanguard.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Yeah... I have no idea who that girl was. Didn't know if I just wasn't being attention well enough or what. I'm really hoping they're just keeping it simple now and building up to something grand.
She shows up later and has a conversation and I still have no idea who she was

Heroman

Banned
Bungie tried so hard to make the next great space opera they actually hired George Lucas as a writer
If they hired geroge lucas it would have a story.

Also, for the whole "The Hive haven't been on Earth in centuries" shit doesn't seem that true when you have Hive ships popping into Russia for public events.

I got more. Who are the graudian. Who controls them? Can anybody join them. Who is telling us where to go is it the ghost or someone esle? Who built the ghost. Was is it like to live in the last city on earth? Does it get attack? How did those wizard get a piece of the traveler? What the fuck is a warmind?

Zomba13

Aim around belly button area, the kickback drags up for final pulse headshot.

Works for me...

Yup. Aim center mass and let the recoil to get all the shots on target up to the head. Make sure it's in close to near-mid range for the one hit kills. Shotguns have to be done from pretty much Melee range for a one hit kill and even then I find it best to follow up with a melee hit.

Cømet

Banned
Just NEVER spend ascendant materials on anything but exotic and raid armor.
You will really hate yourself then.

Too late :p 12 shards into my booties to get their light up. I'm not too concerned about it, I'm on most days and plan on playing for a good long while so I'll build up the shards eventually.
I've got a fair few ascendant energies I've no use for yet though....they for ledge/exotic weapons I'm guessing?

I think bounties refresh every 12 hours, but they're the same ones. I know I've been doing all of them twice a day. Once around 5 am and then after 5 pm.

H...uh. The new problem being I'm GMT, what timezone are you? I'm cool with them being the same bounties if I can do them twice a day, getting vanguard up to level 2 could be done tonight!

The moon was surrendered because that Krota sword and its wielder wiped everybody out. That exo lady was probably meant to lay the foundation for DLC, just as the Hive storyline on the moon is one big set up - you broke off their communion with their God - expect him/her/it/them to pay a visit. Not entirely sure but I think ghosts are tied to individual Guardians, and the dead guardian had a dead ghost, so no rez.

(end spoiler)
I still have no idea what the black garden had to do with the Traveler though, and you'd think that'd be kindof important to get across.

BraXzy

The world's first lv 29 said this on reddit today.

The raid gear caps out at higher light.

Glad I picked up the raid boots on my titan last night!

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

I scrapped the boots I got during the raid because I had better stats on my current ones. It didn't look special or anything.. how do you know if it's raid gear?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Cømet;130491590 said:
Too late :p 12 shards into my booties to get their light up. I'm not too concerned about it, I'm on most days and plan on playing for a good long while so I'll build up the shards eventually.
I've got a fair few ascendant energies I've no use for yet though....they for ledge/exotic weapons I'm guessing?

H...uh. The new problem being I'm GMT, what timezone are you? I'm cool with them being the same bounties if I can do them twice a day, getting vanguard up to level 2 could be done tonight!

Energies are for weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom