• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT3| Oh sweet a Legen- wait never mind, it's a rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heroman

Banned
hawkian where do i farm?

Go to old Russia and farm public events. If you do it right you can get 16 vanguard marks per hour.
Thaaaank you so much, Hawkian! A lot of stuff makes more sense.

Though the amount of marks seems to take a while to get, and they reset every week?

No they don't reset every week you can keep the ones you got. what does reset is the 100 mark limit. . It doesn't take long to get vanguard marks if you farm public quest on old Russia.

MidEvlDed

PLEASE READ IF YOU ARE A NEW LEVEL 20, FRUSTRATED LOOT FARMER, OR ANYONE GETTING ANNOYED BY RNG IN GENERAL

Nice post. I resigned to the fact that this would be my path after not getting lucky with legendaries and exotics like a lot of others over the first week. Just trying to get my Vanguard level up and a few more strange coins.

Now write a guide to the story.

Good luck.

You are an ancient warrior brought back by the Ghost.

You find out about an AI that was used to act as the defense network of the various colonies of humanity during the golden age. It was protecting information from a Guardian who's last location was on the moon.

The guardian had information on how the hive were keeping the Traveller from being able to heal. Through the various missions you find the hive inside a shrine with a piece of the traveller that they were using as a conduit to the Traveller. Through their magic they corrupted the shard and kept the traveller from healing

You head to Venus at the direction of the mysterious woman and find that The Awoken could know the location of the Black Garden. The home of the Vex which could be the key to unlocking the secret of how the Vex are created. Within the missions you learn that the Vex are near religious beings that work as a collective hive mind. Using the information from one of the lead minds you learn the location of the Black Garden.

Within the garden you find the Heart. The power of the heart is not complete so it can only control one of the shrine statues at a time. Once destroyed, the heart dies along with the control that it had over the Traveller.

Now the Traveller is awake and healing. Now the real war will begin

How was that?

Ken

They sort of do... strikelist gear will get you to 24 at which point you can quickly and efficiently farm vanguard marks off the tiger strikes. Two maxed vanguard weeks and a few crucible rounds will get you to 26, which is raid-ready.

Blues are guaranteed rewards from the strikelist btw. At the end of a tiger strike you are getting 1 or 2 blues, likely 20, possibly19.

The noRNG progression is there, it's just that people feel it's easier to cap lvl 5 hive for hours. I still think that the problem is that Bungie left the chance of getting those items off trash mobs, that's terrible design. It's the kind of thing you'd expect in a diablo game, not an MMO. Imagine if you could get Ragnaros loot off the lvl 1 rats off the newbie town.

Blues get you to 24, with which you can use to...farm level 24 Strike Playlist for more redundant blues after capping your marks?

Croc

Banned
All right, got my main Warlock Crucible rep to rank 2 and have enough strange coins and motes of light to buy me 2 exotic things come friday. I'm just going to wait it out until then, buy those 2 exotic pieces, and then whatever other legendary I still need filled after that.

Until then, I'm going to work on leveling a Titan. There's a chance that exotic engram could get me something from another class so I guess I might as well try and start leveling some other dudes in case I get another class, just so it won't be totally useless.

edit: at least I've been saving 16-20 rare weapons from my main, that'll make that last bit somewhat easier.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
The card for the crucible says that's it's actual live fire, and the guardians are all dying and being revived by their ghost.

I think there is still a bond or something where each Ghost must choose only one Guardian to pair with and can't revive others.

So, for a Guardian to truly die, his or her Ghost has to be killed first, I guess?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Woooo exotic bounty done, got my invective! I got my first exotic before my first legendary, lol. All blue with one yellow.

Eeesh, this exotic boundy wants me to dismantle 10 rare (blues) fusion rifles. That'll take some time. But the sound of an exotic rusion rifle sounds so good. Now only if I can get that damn Legendary auto rifle.
Got the same one. Had 4 on me then got 5th. Will take some time it sounds worth it.

Tovarisc

Eeesh, this exotic boundy wants me to dismantle 10 rare (blues) fusion rifles.

I got the same one, this is gonna be hard :/

Guys, keep eye on gunsmith stock. When he is selling blue fusion rifles you will want buy them as many as you can. It's fastest way to get that part of the bounty done.

Part after that, now that is bitch to do.

200 kills in Nightfall Strike [level 28 one] with some fusion rifle

shuri

Banned
What is going on?

I can't play without getting kicked after a while, I keep getting error code Vulture, but my xbox live account gold is all good.

It started doing this out of the blue

ZQP0GgW.jpg

Still SO annoying when this happens.

I love the variety of everyone's banner colors. Like a juicy fruit salad.

On the map screen I have 3 icons on the left edge now, stacked vertically. It's a Crucible mission and 2 strikes or story missions or something. The Crucible icon is always blinking, no matter what, even if I go play that mission. There are 2 designed elements sitting above and below the list (the top one being bigger) that indicates those are more slots. Is this thing the daily missions or whatever? Or daily, weekly, monthly? Why is the Crucible one always blinking, no matter what?

I need all the strange coins. Is there anywhere they are guaranteed besides the weekly strike? And can't you only get the rewards from the weekly strikes once per week?

Sai-kun

Banned

Though the amount of marks seems to take a while to get, and they reset every week?

The *cap* resets every week. You can get 100 max every week

I need all the strange coins. Is there anywhere they are guaranteed besides the weekly strike? And can't you only get the rewards from the weekly strikes once per week?

Nope, it's random.

On the map screen I have 3 icons on the left edge now, stacked vertically. It's a Crucible mission and 2 strikes or story missions or something. The Crucible icon is always blinking, no matter what, even if I go play that mission. There are 2 designed elements sitting above and below the list (the top one being bigger) that indicates those are more slots. Is this thing the daily missions or whatever? Or daily, weekly, monthly? Why is the Crucible one always blinking, no matter what?

It is a mix of daily and weekly. If I remember correctly it lists your daily heroic story mission, daily crucible xp bonus mission, weekly heroic strike and maybe nightfall strike?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

The marks themselves don't reset- just the cap. I'll try to make that clearer.

If you earn all 100 two weeks in a row, you've got 200 :>
I feel like we're going in circles.
Okay... let me rephrase. You seem very resigned to the idea that "after you cap your marks for the week there's nothing to do in PvE." My point is that for a huge swath of the playerbase that's a non-issue.
If the current goal for a level 20 is to hit level 26 to enter the raid, they have two options: marks or engram farming. To rule out one completely because it's "frustrating" speaks more about its broken design than anything else.
I don't follow; you could farm engrams for 20 hours and not get a purple engram. Let alone get a purple engram that becomes a legendary. Let alone get a legendary that isn't a weapon. Let alone get a legendary armor piece that isn't for another class.

People have been posting in this thread that they're getting frustrated after a day, or even an HOUR without good drops from farming. You really do not see where I'm coming form?
That's why they give you a week to get them.
For some people this is six times more than necessary, and for some it's not nearly enough. The design is such that this is okay.

BJK

People need incentive to keep playing, I'll say it again, only rewarding people who do good in PVP is dumb logic. I'll take that top spot on the board over gear any day, personally. ;p

Honestly, speaking as someone who primarily PvE's...and did not see results anywhere near that when I have PvP'd in this game, knowing I still have a chance to get gear just for playing does make me more likely to PvP (after I've claimed my bounties / Vanguard Marks for the day).

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Honestly, speaking as someone who primarily PvE's...and did not see results anywhere near that when I have PvP'd in this game, knowing I still have a chance to get gear just for playing does make me more likely to PvP (after I've claimed my bounties / Vanguard Marks for the day).
As an aside, random loot rolls for PvP also incentivize everyone present not to quit the match. Not sure if that'd been mentioned.

If anybody wants to start the raid on xbone at around 730, PM me on here or send a message to the gamertag Tripl3 Ocho. We have 3 already (2 level 28 hunters and a level 27 warlock).

LuchaShaq

Banned
Why is everyone acting like 100 vanguard marks are easy from public events I don't get it is there one zone where it pops everbten min consistently or something.

It still takes a long time. Not my kinda thing.

You don't have to fill it though, It's only a cap on how many you can earn in a week so that people can't just grind enough marks to purchase all the gear they want in the first week. The amount you gathered last week will still be there next week and so on so you can still work up to whatever gear you want. The only reason to fill them is for a trophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom