• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT3| Oh sweet a Legen- wait never mind, it's a rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
PLEASE READ IF YOU ARE A NEW LEVEL 20, FRUSTRATED LOOT FARMER, OR ANYONE GETTING ANNOYED BY RNG IN GENERAL

Goddamn good stuff. I almost feel like that deserves its own thread.

Anything to get people to understand that they really don't need to rely on the RNG in Destiny to advance, and doing so will only lead to immense frustration for *most* people who try to do so.

Ken

My point is that for a huge swath of the playerbase that's a non-issue.

And? Raids aren't for a huge swath of the playerbase either, but don't you think there's something wrong that for the 1 or 2% of players that want to put in double or triple the hours of the casual playerbase can possibly get nothing out of those extra hours?

Wow, I've had amazing luck today.

BxxmeZgCAAAXTuG.jpg:large

blankstare.gif

fritzo

im done with farming for now. I'll try hoarding instead. from glimmer, to motes of light, to engrams. and then cash them all in at the end of the week, all while getting vanguard & crucible rep leveled up. i think this is the way we were intended to play.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
If Xur sells the same pair of Warlock gauntlets I'll actually be able to deck myself out fully in legendaries/exotics. If he has a chest or leg I'm gonna be screwed.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
You are an ancient warrior brought back by the Ghost.

You find out about an AI that was used to act as the defense network of the various colonies of humanity during the golden age. It was protecting information from a Guardian who's last location was on the moon.

The guardian had information on how the hive were keeping the Traveller from being able to heal. Through the various missions you find the hive inside a shrine with a piece of the traveller that they were using as a conduit to the Traveller. Through their magic they corrupted the shard and kept the traveller from healing

You head to Venus at the direction of the mysterious woman and find that The Awoken could know the location of the Black Garden. The home of the Vex which could be the key to unlocking the secret of how the Vex are created. Within the missions you learn that the Vex are near religious beings that work as a collective hive mind. Using the information from one of the lead minds you learn the location of the Black Garden.

Within the garden you find the Heart. The power of the heart is not complete so it can only control one of the shrine statues at a time. Once destroyed, the heart dies along with the control that it had over the Traveller.

Now the Traveller is awake and healing. Now the real war will begin

How was that?

That perfectly matches my understanding of the events that transpired. I don't think the story is told that well or there is even much going on, but I didn't find it hard to follow. I think a lot of people just zoned out to what the Ghost told you during loading screens and at the end of missions.

Cømet

Banned
Finished my farming for the day, anyone wanna jump in the lvl 26 weekly heroic with me? Need some experience to level up my grieves and hop across to level 26!
Plus da coin of course.

Why is everyone acting like 100 vanguard marks are easy from public events I don't get it is there one zone where it pops everbten min consistently or something.

I've maxed out my vanguard marks for the week already. Public events appear every fifteen minutes across adjacent zones. There's just no extensive schedules available yet to tell you when they'll be available in zones other than the divide or mothyards, probably because zipping between those two is quick and easy.

Here, this'll help. I've used this to max mine out in two days (not solid farming them of course, you could do that in a day if you wanted to):

lunluqq said:
X:00 At Moth Yards doing PE
X:15 At the Divide doing PE
X:30 Back at Moth Yards doing PE
X:45 Back at the Divide doing PE
(continue on...)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
And? Raids aren't for a huge swath of the playerbase either, but don't you think there's something wrong that for the 1 or 2% of players that want to put in double or triple the hours of the casual playerbase can possibly get nothing out of those extra hours?
I see. It's a perfectly reasonable perspective with which I disagree. I have absolutely no problem in this instance with their decision to limit the amount of absolute progress a hardcore player can earn per week. The percentage of the playerbase to which you refer have already been able to reach, participate in and even complete the raid with the weekly limit in place.

Ramirez

Honestly, speaking as someone who primarily PvE's...and did not see results anywhere near that when I have PvP'd in this game, knowing I still have a chance to get gear just for playing does make me more likely to PvP (after I've claimed my bounties / Vanguard Marks for the day).

I have no doubt this is the thought process behind it. I honestly don't know why people get so mad over some guy with a .50 K/D in a game being thrown a bone. You're gonna still shit on him regardless, let him have his moment.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
And how much of that was due to RNG being nice to them?
I have absolutely no idea, do you...? I do know that if I had put in the effort, I could have made it to 26 yesterday morning without requiring RNG drops for legendaries, full stop.

That perfectly matches my understanding of the events that transpired. I don't think the story is told that well or there is even much going on, but I didn't find it hard to follow. I think a lot of people just zoned out to what the Ghost told you during loading screens and at the end of missions.

Yeah I pretty much got it that
the Vex were the immediate threat in the story
, I don't understand why that was too difficult for some people to comprehend. The other aliens are just basically introduced but they aren't the main enemy, at least in this 'prologue' of the entire Destiny storyline. They're just there for 'world building'---basically establishing that "the Darkness" seems to be multiple alien races invading the Solar System, probably to claim or destroy the Traveler.

Ken

I have absolutely no idea, do you...? I do know that if I had put in the effort, I could have made it to 26 yesterday morning without requiring RNG drops for legendaries, full stop.

Watching one of the raid streams at release the dude was talking about pulling multiple useable legendaries from engrams and getting exotic primaries from Crucible.

RNG blessed me wtih a legendary warlock bond that does nothing for my level. Anyways this discussion is tired so let's just move on lol.

Sorry if this has been asked a hundred times, bit what do I do with helium filaments, spin metal and spirit bloom?

Should I keep hold of them or trade them in at the tower?

Megasoum

Banned
SoI got a weapon that gives you +2 Agility as one of its bonus.... What does Agility do exactly? I don't see it in any of my normal stats.

That feeling of justice as the enemies dance over your corpse, then a little message pops in the corner saying you got a legendary engram.

PS. It was a level 16 shotty of course.

The kill delay in this game is obnoxious sometimes

Try stabbing people, the delay gets me killed almost every single time unless they're already damaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom