• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT3| Oh sweet a Legen- wait never mind, it's a rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cudder

Bounties. Be sure to finish em off each day.

Strikes are a waste of time for reputation. Do patrols.

Some patrols give 10, the assassination patrols give 25 rep each. You'll also run into public events throughout as you do patrols which will give Marks ( and some rep too? ). Then do the Heroic Daily mission and the Heroic Weekly Strike.

So just do Patrol free roam missions? I didn't know they handed out more rep than Strikes.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
What level were you? The Axis Minotaurs took 4 sniper rounds to drop their shields, and then three shots with the Golden Gun dropped about 2/3 of their underlying health. They were mad buffed. I was level 11. I'd have been fine with a bit more space for the combat, but at proximity it took a very long time to work around them.

Single least enjoyable encounter I've had across all the Halos combined.

Were you using a Void sniper?

People tend to forget how ridiculously important it is to use Void/Solar/Arc on the corresponding enemies. You can mostly ignore it early on, but as you level up and go into harder strikes/missions/whatever, it's SUPER important.

Pastry

Banned
I don't know how much longer I'm going to keep on playing, I feel obligated because I spent $100. I have all exotic and legendary armor and I'm still only 25. The only way for me to get 26 is to go and farm materials.

All right guys. Turning in my exotic chest engram. Wish me luck I need 1 specific chest out of 6, but if I get the second warlock chest I'll take it for now.

Please. Oh lord RNGesus. Please. I believe.

Dante316

Following the public event guide people swear by. If nothing happens in the moth yards in the next 15 mins then I'll assume somebody needs to put more work into that schedule.

I forgot who said this but, go to earth, the divide. Even pops up x:15 and x:45 each time. So if your on east coast, it should be at 2:15, 2:45, then 3:15 and 3:45, etc etc,

Omni

Unfortunately, I don't think you'd make much of a dent against shielded enemies. If this were a normal Heroic Weekly I'd say it's fine, but Nightfall is much harder.

Ahh okay. I only have a shotgun and rocket launcher with void damage

I'll look into finding an AR maybe

jaaz

That one misses some:

CRm5Fqz.jpg

Skywatch as low? This doesn't seem right. Every time I'm farming the Christmas Cave in Skywatch, a public event happens about every 20 minutes or so. I go do the event and then go back to farming. It's like clockwork.

Were you using a Void sniper?

People tend to forget how ridiculously important it is to use Void/Solar/Arc on the corresponding enemies. You can mostly ignore it early on, but as you level up and go into harder strikes/missions/whatever, it's SUPER important.
Its so important in the raid. If you don't have void weapon or 1 Warlock. Good luck.

MidEvlDed

Been playing this game since it came out and I still have no legendary or exotic gear (except for a Legendary Titan Mark, which is worthless).

I don't even understand why they have Legendary Marks. There is no quantifiable difference between a Legendary Mark and a generic one.

Oh yeah and what is the best way to get people for those Weekly Strikes? I can't seem to get people to join me, This game needs some kind of built-in group finder. I cant believe it launched without one.

At the very LEAST it should auto-group for the weekly strike.

You mean no difference in the Legendary mark for Titan's? I haven't seen any that stand out. Warlock and Hunter have some good ones though.

Ade

Right. 9pm UK time. The 26(?) Weekly Strike - worth 6 strange coins. Followed by a Weekly Nightfall Strike.

Who is interested?. XBOX ONE

GT is AdyCarter. 25/26 Sunslinger.

So just do Patrol free roam missions? I didn't know they handed out more rep than Strikes.

Yup. All besides the Heroic Weekly strike is not for reputation, thats for sure.

Think the heroic weekly is 150 rep? Something like that.

But yeh, patrols and bounties are the way to go for reputation along with the Heroic Daily mission

smoothj

I'm the biggest gamer out of all my friends (we're all filthy casuals), I got them all to go PS4 this gen and pick up Destiny. They all love the game and really don't notice the flaws that most of GAF is seeing. I do see why there are complaints, but when I'm playing with my friends, it doesn't seem to matter because the social side is so fun. I only game about 2 hours at a time 4 times a week. This game is perfect for me.

Calmine

Hurray got to level 5 on cryptarch. Gave me 3 legendary engrams and what did I get 3 fucking level 16 blues...I'm level 24 damnit!

jaaz

Man, it takes a LONG time to upgrade Exotics. Anyone try to buy that item from Xur that's supposed to speed up the Exotic upgrade process for 30 minutes? At a cost of 1 strange coin, seems like Xur is ripping us off. Unless of course it works awesome...

E92 M3

I'm the biggest gamer out of all my friends (we're all filthy casuals), I got them all to go PS4 this gen and pick up Destiny. They all love the game and really don't notice the flaws that most of GAF is seeing. I do see why there are complaints, but when I'm playing with my friends, it doesn't seem to matter because the social side is so fun. I only game about 2 hours at a time 4 times a week. This game is perfect for me.

This game has flaws, but I can't remember the last time where I couldn't think about anything but *game*. All day I'm just thinking of what I can tackle next and how to get my level to freaking 26 lol.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
What level are you?
I'm 26 and I have two legendaries that I bought from my faction vendor, 1 exotic I bought from Xur. My last 15 or so purple drops have yielded zero weapons or gear, just materials. I gave up on farming and just plan on buying because RNGesus clearly hates me.

Level 24 as of now, but when I get on tonight I'm going to buy the exotic chest piece from Xur + hopefully get my vanguard rank up to 2 so I can buy some legendary gear with my marks. Once the marks reset on Tuesday I should be at 26 easy.

It does indeed suck though that some of us are having to jump through all these loops for vanguard/crucible/faction ranks just to get legendary gear while others are on the fast-track to 30 just by RNG.

Kensuke

Just got the Bad Juju exotic pulse rifle after completing a super grindy exotic bounty. It's nice, but the smoke that comes out of its barrel is really distracting and ugly.

Orca

Went to Xur and picked up the heavy weapon exotic bounty piece I needed, and pondered getting Lucky Raspberry. Decided against it and bought the Exotic Engram instead, got Lucky Raspberry that way...motes of light vs coins? Good trade for me.

jaaz

Anyone know what the radar next to the Mida Multi-Tool does? You can see it when you're walking/running. It seems to track something...

10661773_785447084831023_4104511709034608745_o1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom