• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT3| Oh sweet a Legen- wait never mind, it's a rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nib95

Banned
Got my Helm
f0NHSqZ.jpg

Lucked out with the Motes
3g9ZM7z.jpg

Don't know which I should level up first

Now I just need to complete my exotic bounty!

You jammy dodger...

Means it happens at those minutes on the hour every hour.

Example 2:15pm-2:20pm

Yeah they can be a couple minutes late sometimes. So there's a range. All the Old Russia ones are like clockwork while all the other planets can be variable. Never had one in Old Russia not show up.

I can get about 20 vanguard points and hour.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I can't remember the last time I saw a pulse rifle or hand cannon in multiplayer...

I rock the hand canon and shotgun. Hand canon works well from medium/long distance while the shotgun is for close corridors. I'm not great by any means but I usually come in first or second with randoms on rumble.

Holy shit Combined Arms is pure disapointment, I was hoping for either newer maps/higher player count/ higher vehicle count...but nope...just the only two vehicle maps so far in rotation.

ZZZZZZ....this counts as an "event?"

VinFTW

Just soloed the weekly heroic strike. Pretty fun. Last boss still sucks...

Got my level up to 26 1/2 after that weekly. Exotic Helm, legendary chest and boots.

Gonna try to get lucky and get 8 more motes for the exotic engram.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone want to try the Weekly Nightfall on XB1? You need to be at least level 27 with good void weapons.

Derpcrawler

Better hop on Nightfall tonight then lads.

Add me on XB1 if anyone wants to try it out. I'm currently a level 25 nearly 26 Titan.

Wat? You won't be even able to hit anything, you will just get resists. Each level difference between you and mob is -20% damage reduction overall I believe.

Got the Multi-Tool a few days ago... Just now cracking through the first damage upgrade, XP with exotics is really slow. Was happy to replace Truth.

Now I'm sitting here wringing my hands because I didn't get a shot at purchasing from Xur this morning...

psylah

Hopped on my vita, bought the chest engram and... got the exotic titan chest!

Had I known the items would be like this, I wouldn't have spent 65 marks on the legendary chest yesterday. Oh well, with the way I've been playing marks might as well be free by this point.

Might use my coins for the rocket launcher. Already got the exotic bounty shotgun which I'm not crazy about, but that GJ rocket sounds sweet.

GhaleonEB

Heh. Hard's a sweet spot for me. I beat that encounter in one sitting.

What level were you? The Axis Minotaurs took 4 sniper rounds to drop their shields, and then three shots with the Golden Gun dropped about 2/3 of their underlying health. They were mad buffed. I was level 11. I'd have been fine with a bit more space for the combat, but at proximity it took a very long time to work around them.

Single least enjoyable encounter I've had across all the Halos combined.

Following the public event guide people swear by. If nothing happens in the moth yards in the next 15 mins then I'll assume somebody needs to put more work into that schedule.

Maybesew

Following the public event guide people swear by. If nothing happens in the moth yards in the next 15 mins then I'll assume somebody needs to put more work into that schedule.

I was following it last night on the moon. It wasn't accurate to the minute, but it did put me in th right place for four public events.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
congrats to you both but it reminds me just how shitty my luck has been :(

If it makes you feel any better, my friend has gotten three legendary weapons and three legendary armor pieces for his Titan, plus two legendary armor pieces for his hunter just by farming. In that same time span I have farmed a legendary fusion rifle, legendary machine-gun, and now the exotic handcanon.

Outside of the exotic my luck has been mostly shit as well.

What level were you? The Axis Minotaurs took 4 sniper rounds to drop their shields, and then three shots with the Golden Gun dropped about 2/3 of their underlying health. They were mad buffed. I was level 11. I'd have been fine with a bit more space for the combat, but at proximity it took a very long time to work around them.

Single least enjoyable encounter I've had across all the Halos combined.

I don't remember, to tell you the truth. Are you three or four levels below the "Hard" level?

Cudder

How can I get my Vanguard rank to level 2 faster? I have to get 2000 and I only have like 300. Strikes only give me like 10-12.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I don't have void weapons but I'm level 27?
Unfortunately, I don't think you'd make much of a dent against shielded enemies. If this were a normal Heroic Weekly I'd say it's fine, but Nightfall is much harder.

How can I get my Vanguard rank to level 2 faster? I have to get 2000 and I only have like 300. Strikes only give me like 10-12.

Bounties. Be sure to finish em off each day.

Strikes are a waste of time for reputation. Do patrols.

Some patrols give 10, the assassination patrols give 25 rep each. You'll also run into public events throughout as you do patrols which will give Marks ( and some rep too? ). Then do the Heroic Daily mission and the Heroic Weekly Strike.

todahawk

If it makes you feel any better, my friend has gotten three legendary weapons and three legendary armor pieces for his Titan, plus two legendary armor pieces for his hunter just by farming. In that same time span I have farmed a legendary fusion rifle, legendary machine-gun, and now the exotic handcanon.

Outside of the exotic my luck has been mostly shit as well.

What level are you?
I'm 26 and I have two legendaries that I bought from my faction vendor, 1 exotic I bought from Xur. My last 15 or so purple drops have yielded zero weapons or gear, just materials. I gave up on farming and just plan on buying because RNGesus clearly hates me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom