• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT3| Oh sweet a Legen- wait never mind, it's a rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zakalwe

Banned
Another observation on patrolling Mars: There's a spot in the Buried City where a yellow minotaur and yellow harpy will reliably spawn. Seems like a good place for farming, no?

Yellow bars take too long to kill. It would be a good spot for the "Major" bounties, but as grunt mobs have just as much chance to drop legendary engrams you're better off with farming somewhere like the Crota door or the Skywatch cave where you can fun down trash much faster.

I'd only recommend farming if you want to get more coins/motes for Xur and level the Cryptarch though. If you want Legendary gear then grind rep, much more reliable.

Anton668

ok, so, tried a lil pvp and... tween my meh skills and the lag, it was short lived. :(

even my pact with satan couldnt help!
JxI0y7W.jpg

I was unaware the gunsmith sold rares, not that it matters much anymore...

and lastly, why is the helm twice as much as the other pieces of vangard armour?

Wow I did not know that, I must be really unlucky, no purples yet, though I don't put in the insane hours others have in here, but still :( managed to scrape myself to level 21

I'm level 21 looking to bang out some strikes or the daily mission tonight.

Add me if you want to rock. I should be on in 5 hours (5:30pm CT). PS4 PSN: GKW212

Mr Croft

I think in order to be 30 you need one exotic and the rest raid armor gear maxed out. I know I'm close to 29; but I'm getting bodied by FWC asendent mote bug.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Need 1 or 2 for Weekly Heroic on Xbox One. Need those 3 Strange Coins for Xur!

GT: G0lden 5un

Cmon GAF, please help a brother out!

I'm in. When will you be playing?

I have to go out for in 10 minutes for about 30 but can play when I get back. I could jump on now but wouldn't want to leave half way through.

Does anyone have the mask of the third man and mind telling me the stats for int, str, light and disp?

For my helmet, which I've upgraded a few times (I have one more Defense Upgrade left but need 2 more Ascendant Shards to do it):

375/402 Defense
Currently: 27 Light
106 Intellect

Upgrades:
Infusion (Replenishes health whenever I pick up an Orb of Light
Switchblade (Inceased melee attack speed)
Unstable Current (Arc Blade attacks use less super energy)

Zakalwe

Banned
I don't need the chest piece that Xur has :(

Should I take a chance on the exotic engram :(

or am I gonna want to cry after :(

I got a Hunter chest piece. I'm Titan. I'm not mad though, I'll make a Hunter next and he'll have a great bit of gear waiting for him.

The odds are against you, but then there's only a cosmetic item or emblem to spend motes on currently if you don't take a shot anyway...

Cat Party

Yellow bars take too long to kill. It would be a good spot for the "Major" bounties, but as grunt mobs have just as much chance to drop legendary engrams you're better off with farming somewhere like the Crota door or the Skywatch cave where you can fun down trash much faster.

I'd only recommend farming if you want to get more coins/motes for Xur and level the Cryptarch though. If you want Legendary gear then grind rep, much more reliable.
Ah, I thought yellows gave a better chance at drops.

Ghekkus

I think they messed up the statics on the Vanguard Monitor Type 2 legs. Every other piece of Monitor Type 2 has Strength/Intellect except the legs, which are Strength/Discipline, and every piece of Armada Type 3 are Strength/Discipline. The Armadas even have a few more points of each so there really isn't any incentive other than looks and upgrade bonuses to buy them. Just seemed out of place to have 2 pairs of leg slots with almost the same amount of each statistic.

Sai-kun

Banned
I got a Hunter chest piece. I'm Titan. I'm not mad though, I'll make a Hunter next and he'll have a great bit of gear waiting for him.

The odds are against you, but then there's only a cosmetic item or emblem to spend motes on currently if you don't take a shot anyway...

I could save two more motes up and buy a rad Hunter cloak...

Ugh I just hate being disappointed. I'll pass for now. :<

Afrocious

The best thing about Warlocks is that the class item is so stupid and nowhere as cool as a cape or sash, you can basically focus all your attention on buying gear.

Sai-kun

Banned
lmao i did it and got the exact item that he was selling for strange coins

uhh...i guess that's good? i can still get the exotic weapon now or something

Seil

Honestly, I feel the way loot is handled in the Crucible should be changed, but not in any negative way. I think lower positions should stay completely random and have the same chances they already do. Meanwhile, higher positions should get a higher chance of at least rolling something.

Screwing lower positions wouldn't do any good, but screwing people that actually put in effort like it's doing right now is also stupid. As it stands, there's absolutely no reason to not just afk. Join a match, do something else. Get some rep/marks and just as good a chance at loot as everyone else...

Putting in effort gets you a whole extra mark and a little rep. And only rep if you've already capped your marks. So amazing =p

---

On a brighter note, I've finished the void damage stage of my exotic bounty. Taking a break before I try the last step x.x

Been playing this game since it came out and I still have no legendary or exotic gear (except for a Legendary Titan Mark, which is worthless).

I don't even understand why they have Legendary Marks. There is no quantifiable difference between a Legendary Mark and a generic one.

Oh yeah and what is the best way to get people for those Weekly Strikes? I can't seem to get people to join me, This game needs some kind of built-in group finder. I cant believe it launched without one.

At the very LEAST it should auto-group for the weekly strike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom