• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Tecnniqe

Banned
Yes, I used this guide. There's another on Reddit which even includes videos.

Is there a way to find out which you've collected? I got like 40 or something.

Im missing:
XXIX: CARVED IN RUIN
XXXIII: WHEN DO MONSTERS HAVE DREAMS
XXXVI: EATER OF HOPE
XXXVIII: THE PARTITION OF DEATH
XLIII: END OF FAILED TIMELINE
XLIV: STRICT PROOF ETERNAL
XLV: I'D SHUT THEM ALL IN CELLS.
XLVII: APOCALYPSE REFRAINS
XLVIII: AIAT, AIAT, AIAT, AIAT, AIAT

You missing any of those? Wanna go hunting?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Finally got that worthless sack of dog biscuits down. And got nothing from it. Someone got chest piece and someone else got boots.

Raid gear spoiler/question

So who can drop weapons? My group got up to Daughters, but only one person got a weapon the entire time. Are primaries only from Oryx?

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone want someone for the raid or nightfall on PS4? I'm a 292 hunter PSN diggymow. I've got a checkpoint for the raid before any bosses if you want to use it.
At the section just before the first boss

Silvard

I have only made it past the warpriest and i got the fusion rifle, the rocket launcher, and the ghost shell.

I can't believe I killed the war priest and I got nothing but a Marinara Shard. A shard I can buy off a vendor and I can't do anything with until I got 20. This is Year 2, I thought Bungie would have moved past this type of stuff.

Damn it,
we pretty much have to Oryx fight down. Got him to 25% but the teleport is fucking is up. DPS is good though without Weapons of Light.

figpc

Neo Member
I can't believe I killed the war priest and I got nothing but a Marinara Shard. A shard I can buy off a vendor and I can't do anything with until I got 20. This is Year 2, I thought Bungie would have moved past this type of stuff.

I definitely got lucky for sure. The Fusion dropped at 310, launcher at 304, and the ghost shell at 300. I don't think anyone else in my group got anything other than shards.

Jinjo

Got a Sublime helmet engram in the raid. Superpsyched for that as I really like the look of the ps4 exclusive Warlock helmet and I didn't have a legendary helm for my Warlock yet. Transfer to mah 'Lock, go and decrypt:

Get my second exotic Skyburners Annex :-|

For fucks sake.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Its odd that Bungie notices and fixes certain players being or feeling left out because of RNG (gjallahorn) and yet still makes loot drops so uneven in Oryx. It just builds jealousy and frutration between team members and makes people wonder why they working so hard for almost nothing.

I suppose they may be figuring that in a month the raid will be in farm mode and everyone will have stuff eventually.

Jinjo

Its odd that Bungie notices and fixes certain players being or feeling left out because of RNG (gjallahorn) and yet still makes loot drops so uneven in Oryx. It just builds jealousy and frutration between team members and makes people wonder why they working so hard for almost nothing.

I suppose they may be figuring that in a month the raid will be in farm mode and everyone will have stuff eventually.
It's even weirder when the drop rates for Crota were pretty much spot on.

BraXzy

I want to kiss the designer that made Telesto

I've only used it a bit but I was expecting more than what I've seen so far based on everyone raving about it. It seems to do the same damage as a normal fusion, but with the delay of the explosions.

Top Bottom