• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Bizazedo

lmao

want me to post ten pages of posts complaining about bungie fucking up the grind by making them too hard to get

anyway don't forget rahool's legendary engrams, year 2 exotics from the kiosk (which is an unlock btw, subsequent copies don't cost marks), 280 ghosts for alts, vendor gear you can infuse up to be able to specialize (some of the weapons in particular are pretty great), and lest we forget and one day you might need them once more.... planetary materials

Oh, I know. I've already burned through close to 300. I probably didn't use the best explanation since I was on my phone, but they don't seem Legendary. They're very plentiful and they encourage you to basically spend them quickly. Just picked up Red Death 2 last night for shits and giggles.

This is not a bad thing, of course, it's just amusing based on the angst from pre-expac / first day or two.

R0ckman

Not off and right back on, they're in Europe and I'm in the center of the US. We started in the morning for me/afternoon for them, a few had to get off for social things, then they got back on in their morning (about 3 a.m. my time) and finished it. I'm not salty, just want to raid.

No, I was just generally curious. Its frustrating trying to finish the raid without a static, but by no means is it anyones fault.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Anyone who knows their way around the Dreadnaught want to show me around? I keep getting lost and stumbling upon chests I have no idea how to reach.

Tsukumo

I wouldn't say it doesn't matter.

I just don't understand how this can be the case... can someone help me out here?

Doesn't the entire premise of what we've been using to level up efficiently hinge on the knowledge that engrams' attack/defense value are decided at the time of decryption, and NOT when they drop? Is it just legendaries that are decided on drop and not blues, and how do you know?

Giriath either way though... a legendary is likely to be an upgrade especially if you don't already have one in that slot, and then you can infuse it up if you like it. So not that helpful to hold onto them either way.

I'm positive they are "decided" at the moment of decryption, not when they drop.
I read your post a couple of days ago about putting higest atk/def gear before decrypting and it worked as you say.
I "dress" my character the way I like (I really don't like the new set, so it's a given for me to play with blue gear and a green helm) with a score of 240/250 and decrypt with gear at 270/280: I get plenty of same level blues and I have five blues above 290. All the numbers have incremented with time.
I have been farming engrams on lvl 20 strikes: there's no way they'd drop gear at 50 points above the one you are already wearing.

DNAbro

If anybody wants to start at the beginning of the raid I want to join up. I didn't get a chance to get the first chests and I would like to get them. Either that if an Oryx group needs someone I'm down.

How does one trigger the Chaperone mission?

Some people said it starts when you reach crucible rank 3.

Currently sitting at 289, would love to be able to get a raid in before the reset. I've read about what goes into each phase but naturally haven't done it yet. Just running strikes to try and break into 290. I'm assuming this is the best way to go about it?

If any groups will have me at 289, I'd love to take part.

Try to do the Taken Wars quest line and the strike questline for 300 gear

Currently sitting at 289, would love to be able to get a raid in before the reset. I've read about what goes into each phase but naturally haven't done it yet. Just running strikes to try and break into 290. I'm assuming this is the best way to go about it?

If any groups will have me at 289, I'd love to take part.

Edit: just broke 290. I forgot I had transferred some quest rewards over to my alts to make getting them up in light an easier feat.

X-Frame

Damn, so I made a fresh Hunter and want to level up the Nightstalker first but forgot we have to obtain those quests.

Hopefully I don't have to wait long to get them?

k1t4j

Maybe someone that has done the raid can answer this:

reddit is saying there is a chest at the beginning of the raid before war priest that has a ghost shell in it? Is this true. Is it easy to obtain?

Also I love that after the quest from shax for the sword he sends you on a nice relaxing mat farming run :D

Dunk#7

Oh, I know. I've already burned through close to 300. I probably didn't use the best explanation since I was on my phone, but they don't seem Legendary. They're very plentiful and they encourage you to basically spend them quickly. Just picked up Red Death 2 last night for shits and giggles.

This is not a bad thing, of course, it's just amusing based on the angst from pre-expac / first day or two.

I have found Legendary Marks much harder to come by than Vanguard/Crucible marks. Used to be able to pick up 6 pretty quickly and repetitively.

What are the easiest ways to stockpile Legendary Marks?

I'm positive they are "decided" at the moment of decryption, not when they drop.
I read your post a couple of days ago about putting higest atk/def gear before decrypting and it worked as you say.
I "dress" my character the way I like (I really don't like the new set, so it's a given for me to play with blue gear and a green helm) with a score of 240/250 and decrypt with gear at 270/280: I get plenty of same level blues and I have five blues above 290. All the numbers have incremented with time.
I have been farming engrams on lvl 20 strikes: there's no way they'd drop gear at 50 points above the one you are already wearing.

Are you doing level 20 strikes at a high level? Is that a thing I should be doing for quick blues?

Anastasis

Maybe someone that has done the raid can answer this:

reddit is saying there is a chest at the beginning of the raid before war priest that has a ghost shell in it? Is this true. Is it easy to obtain?

Also I love that after the quest from shax for the sword he sends you on a nice relaxing mat farming run :D

Second chest has it. That's where I got one. It was 310 light. It's the easiest introduction parts of the raid.

Makikou

I have found Legendary Marks much harder to come by than Vanguard/Crucible marks. Used to be able to pick up 6 pretty quickly and repetitively.

What are the easiest ways to stockpile Legendary Marks?

You get 30 legendary marks a day guaranteed (Daily Mission + Daily PVP Match). Dismantling legendaries is 3 marks a piece.

Ok so what am I doing wrong? I'm doing the way of the blade dancer quest and it says I need to fully level up my blade dancer subclass but it's been leveled up completely for months now. Is this a glitch or am I missing something?

Why are we still dying after getting the dunk and standing in the runner's bubble?

Have titan pop a wol bubble just behind the runner bubble and keep ads off everyone as much as possible while they dps. If its somehow wiping you all at once Im not sure, we didnt run into that. You probably know to make sure to dunk the orb on the sister that has a white bubble, not one with the red flame thingy. Hope this helps, gl.

zewone

Not off and right back on, they're in Europe and I'm in the center of the US. We started in the morning for me/afternoon for them, a few had to get off for social things, then they got back on in their morning (about 3 a.m. my time) and finished it. I'm not salty, just want to raid.

I'm trying to set one up, I have the cp.
PSN: Arrrammis
Sent you a request. I'm down to start at 1st boss.

Dunk#7

You get 30 legendary marks a day guaranteed (Daily Mission + Daily PVP Match). Dismantling legendaries is 3 marks a piece.

Ok that makes sense. Looks like they are putting more focus on the daily events. Will have to make sure to do those. Thanks for the info.

Strider

Holy shit I'm tired and hungry. I havent eaten today..........

I was losing focus toward the end of Oryx. Fucked up a really good attempt once because of that :( Felt bad man.

Top Bottom