• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Really focussing on PvE at the moment. Got to say I love these new strikes and the redone older ones.
Got a question about Three of Coins though. I'm running the level 36 Vanguard playlist. Am I right that I should pop a coin, finish the strike and if I don't get an exotic then pop another when I do the next strike? Done a run of 7 this way and not had any luck yet. Does it only work on Heroic playlist or am I subject to the blessing of RNGesus?

BahamutPT

Finally finished the Raid! Got
Pulse Rifle -.- (303, infused it into my Boolean)
and
Fusion Rifle -.-
. Also completed
Eris Quest and got a 310 Int/Dis Legendary Artifact

Really focussing on PvE at the moment. Got to say I love these new strikes and the redone older ones.
Got a question about Three of Coins though. I'm running the level 36 Vanguard playlist. Am I right that I should pop a coin, finish the strike and if I don't get an exotic then pop another when I do the next strike? Done a run of 7 this way and not had any luck yet. Does it only work on Heroic playlist or am I subject to the blessing of RNGesus?
That's how I did it. Went through 20 and got 3 exotics.

Shito

Works on every ultra. Pop a 3oC after each ultra you kill.
You can check on your character page if you still have the buff or not.
Do not pop more than one at once, it is useless.

shenze

Banned
I think it works on any ultra in the game (unless they nerfed the story ultras) and I think they all have the exact same chance at an exotic so I don't think it matters what you are doing. So to answer your question, RNGesus is not being kind to you right now.

BahamutPT

Oh btw, I had the
20 Moldering Shards when killing Oryx, but I got the same 2 drops everyone else got, the stats weren't really high either. So maybe you need to run it all with the 20 or it isn't a guaranteed "extra rewards will be granted".

Looking for someone to help me beat the last Taken King mission on PS4 and to just have fun with in general. Just started my character two days ago, 34 warlock. PSN is AstroTesla, will be on after 11PM EDT Sunday through Thursday and any time all other days. Haven't played since last year and Taken King is a breath of fresh air.

Edit: I have a headset and would prefer to play with people who want to communicate.

Down to 50%. I want to break something

What mode are you playing? I just went skirmish for like 6 or so rounds with nothing but TLW kills. Headshots seem to count for a lot.
Apparently you have until Xur leaves to place an order which Bungie failed to mention. That's 3 days where they'll eat up inventory space. Really thought I could just do it Tuesday. Could have made 4 orders

There's a timer in the Destiny app that showed when he would stop taking orders. That timer should definitely be IN GAME though...

sikkinixx

Are there no strike playlists besides the legacy one until I get to 260 light? I feel like I'm just grinding through story missions but I'd like to play a few strikes for some variation.

Sullichin

I've been using 3oC on strikes allll weekend in hopes of getting a new exotic weapon. Only one that dropped was TLW, which I'd be ecstatic about but yeah we know what happened to that weapon. Every other one was armor Game keeps giving me Alpha Lupi for Titan but I never play as one and if I did I don't think that would be the exotic I want. Did get The Stag, Obs. Mind, and Claws for my Warlock and the shadestep helmet and spine gloves for my hunter. Pretty awesome getting so much exotic armor in a few days even if I didn't get the weapons I wanted. Not looking forward to a 3oC nerf because of all the people farming Draksis :(

Ambitious

Repost cause end

Now at 43/50 fragments. Know about 2 but need early raid CP for that one.
Its after you dunk the balls and need to jump on ships that move in a straight line
. If anyone got that please invite me :)

And then there is 5 renaming. That i got no idea where are.

Well i know which i need. I just dont know how to find them. Yet.

That's number 29, isn't it? Could you send me an invite if you get the CP?

Kalamari

What mode are you playing? I just went skirmish for like 6 or so rounds with nothing but TLW kills. Headshots seem to count for a lot.

There's a timer in the Destiny app that showed when he would stop taking orders. That timer should definitely be IN GAME though...

I've been playing control

BLCKATK

Hey DGAF! Just recently got a PS4 and switched over to Playstation Destiny. I've been loving the Taken King and all the things they've added and slowly been building up a new character that is ready to kick ass. Just got to Light Level 280.

Would anyone want to do Heroic Strike Playlist with me? My PSN is Azys_. Hit me up if you'd like to join!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Bungie needs to fix their light level drop engrams from random mobs and focus on quest rewards instead, Blue engrams and Purple engrams are based on your current light level to help you leveling throught the game, in vanilla only blue engrams were affected by that mechanic but in TTK, Purple engrams take in consideration your current light level too. Which is really awkward because you can get better engrams in the wild and lame rewards for doing a 9 steps quest line.
I don't think it's much of a problem.

Some quests have completely unique rewards that you can't get out of 1000 engrams. Some quests do give relevant Light rewards, especially if you start cutting into them early on as newer players- starting from 1 or 25 rather than 34, are likely to do. Many of them award Marks, which can be used for upgrades outright from the vendors, preferred weapons to infuse and stay at a high Light level, and engrams from Rahool that can be legendary or Exotic upgrades themselves. Almost all of them give Rep, which leads to rank up packages, which can contain outright upgrades or engrams.

It's a good thing that you can find progress in any engram in the wild as well.
I am quite surprised no one attempted to do a loot cave farm on venus or another populated area with mobs and just farm blue engrams which can contain 295 light gear for infusions.
I'm not.

Dollars to rupees, a loot cave situation isn't fun unless there's either 1) enormous reward for time invested (see 3oC boss suicide farming) or 2) a huge social component based on popularity (see Skywatch farming which was ultimately based on a misconception about the game).

You can get those blue engrams or more while doing other things that also earn you progression. Marks. Rep. Legendary engrams from the Vanguard streak. Exotic chances from 3oC.

Also Bungie messed up the Exotic gear too in this expansion, Exotic gear aside from random stats now contains random perks so you can get a shitty Praxic Fire 290 exotic with Strength or a int/dis stat with fusion rifle ammo perk
Sorry to disagree on every point in your post, but... weird, all this is to me is the notion that you can chance into a better version of the Exotic you want over time versus being locked into one that permanently doesn't have the stats or perks you want.

I like fusion rifle ammo.
I've been using 3oC on strikes allll weekend in hopes of getting a new exotic weapon. Only one that dropped was TLW, which I'd be ecstatic about but yeah we know what happened to that weapon. Every other one was armor Game keeps giving me Alpha Lupi for Titan but I never play as one and if I did I don't think that would be the exotic I want. Did get The Stag, Obs. Mind, and Claws for my Warlock and the shadestep helmet and spine gloves for my hunter. Pretty awesome getting so much exotic armor in a few days even if I didn't get the weapons I wanted. Not looking forward to a 3oC nerf because of all the people farming Draksis :(
pls just giff cooldown bungie

bungie pls

I love 3oC :(

Congrats again to Fig, Nami, Toasty, and Strider. And thanks again Driz. We had Oryx on lock after we came back from the tower.

Raid drops only ended up being the ghost shell, cloak, and auto rifle. No armor. Next time!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Apparently you have until Xur leaves to place an order which Bungie failed to mention. That's 3 days where they'll eat up inventory space. Really thought I could just do it Tuesday. Could have made 4 orders
Sucks, I was going to try to get ranked on my alts to do them. They definitely should've illustrated the deadline somewhere.

I've been playing control
Control spawns are way too random which lead to too many deaths IMO. If you're decent at small team tactics then go for Skirmish, you'll likely get it done faster. Just hope you get matched with competent teammates.
So the "brave ghost shell" says it can be infused... But it can't be because it doesn't find any other eligible ghost shells?
Yeah same here. I'm thinking it's a bug for that particular shell.

Kilau

Anyone getting an Oryx raid together soon? I have a checkpoint at
Golgoroth
but nobody I was playing with is either around or reliable.

PSN: Kilau

291 Hunter

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I think it works on any ultra in the game (unless they nerfed the story ultras) and I think they all have the exact same chance at an exotic so I don't think it matters what you are doing. So to answer your question, RNGesus is not being kind to you right now.
Works on every ultra. Pop a 3oC after each ultra you kill.
You can check on your character page if you still have the buff or not.
Do not pop more than one at once, it is useless.
Not quite every Ultra. Basically, Ultra bosses with unique names.

Non-working examples are Walker Tanks- none in the game take 3oC sadly. Also, unfortunately the Psion Flayers in Dust Palance, tragic as that would be 3 chances in one strike! :'(

But, good news situations: Valus strike with the Taken midboss boss- use one after, then another for Valus. Shield Brothers, one on on each bro.

Klyka

Banned
Would have loved to be there for Oryx kill but I spent SO many hours in the raid this weekend and I just want to play some other content with my friend.

Grats though guys!

Reposting...

Ok so what am I doing wrong? I'm doing the way of the blade dancer quest and it says I need to fully level up my blade dancer subclass but it's been leveled up completely for months now. Is this a glitch or am I missing something?

Shito

Not quite every Ultra. Basically, Ultra bosses with unique names.

Non-working examples are Walker Tanks- none in the game take 3oC sadly. Also, unfortunately the Psion Flayers in Dust Palance, tragic as that would be 3 chances in one strike! :'(

But, good news situations: Valus strike with the Taken midboss boss- use one after, then another for Valus. Shield Brothers, one on on each bro.
From what I understood: those are not ultras. :)
What the game considers an "ultra" seems to be a yellow enemy with a skull next to its name, *and* who always drops one of those small triangles upon death.
Bungie could make this a bit more clearer, they should remove the skull on the ones that are "not really" ultras.

Klyka

Banned
Reposting...

Ok so what am I doing wrong? I'm doing the way of the blade dancer quest and it says I need to fully level up my blade dancer subclass but it's been leveled up completely for months now. Is this a glitch or am I missing something?

equip it then leave tower and go back in

Top Bottom