• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuMa

No. Elemental primaries are being left behind. They had the distinct and undesirable property of limiting a broad weapon sandbox to a few weapons.

You're free to disagree, but I strongly prefer the breadth of arsenal options, the potential of finding a better Legendary than you have to being stuck because of a damage color.

Additionally, no Legendary weapons with damage colors has the property of making secondaries and heavies more important because of their damage color.

Many of us agree, although it does seem to be a polarizing topic. I can't agree more with you. I think it's much better this way.

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup lol. The irony is there for sure. Was shocked yesterday to see I was continuing to go negative on Weapon parts from when the nerf hit even though I swear I had only upgraded 2 or 3 (exotic) weapons since then. It's ridiculous. Unless GAF or Reddit swears up or down a gun is absolute best in class it immediately gets sharded now. I'm not even placing orders at the gunsmith anymore since I already don't really need Marks anymore.

So stupid.

You might as well place the orders. Get those guaranteed weapon parts.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I dismantled my Tread's Upon Stars not realizing what is was at the time.

CSBqEPWUwAATMbf.png

What is wrong with her neck? :lol

MrDaravon

You might as well place the orders. Get those guaranteed weapon parts.

That's a good point. I'm not really playing much anymore though, trying to save my glimmer now for the ships I'm missing from Amanda as those come in. If I was playing enough to be constantly capped on glimmer like before than that's a good idea, I'll keep it in mind.

Lothars

Many of us agree, although it does seem to be a polarizing topic. I can't agree more with you. I think it's much better this way.
It is a polarizing topic and I would say it probably at least 50% want elemental primaries in the game but of course nobody has numbers other than bungie.

Mindlog

Slowed down from actual speed because super human skills are hard for the casuals to observe :]
They call me, 'The Vulture.'
2 Pulses 3 Kills
4zPndpE.gif

Alms for the poor?

E92 M3

It is a polarizing topic and I would say it probably at least 50% want elemental primaries in the game but of course nobody has numbers other than bungie.

Because of elemental primaries, I only used them and ignored everything kinetic. Would rather take no burns.

KanameYuuki

Welp, Oryx is certainly hard, the only one that feels different. the new knights are really annoying and for some reason most of us are randomly dying.

That's the only place where being underleveled is way too much.

Imago Loop and Tread Upon Stars are FB and VoC clones. There's a reason those are awesome.

I think there's a ton of great primaries and I don't think by adding elements that it would somehow make those disappear.

My main concern with the removal of elemental primaries is that it ruins the end game of Destiny.

There is nothing great left to chase after.

Thinking that elemental primaries are the only thing worth chasing is a very narrow vision.

I feel for Bungie here.

Raids in the past had two things: guns so good they broke the game or elemental primaries that, well, also broke the game.

Elemental primaries are binary and I think it made since to nix them. And I think they wanted raid gear to be good, but they wanted a well-rolled legendary elsewhere in the game to be better. So what's the appeal of the raid anymore? I think they settled on light level, which is why normal mode is one tier and hard mode is another.

For me, though, chasing a number on a weapon that doesn't affect my moment to moment gameplay isn't appealing.

The Year 2 end game is splitting it appears:
  • Want the best weapons & armor? Run Strikes, Weekly Crucible Bounties, Rank up Factions/Gunsmith. Get as many drops as you can. (I think this is why engrams can drop in the raid too now).
  • Want the highest light? Run the raid at the highest difficulty you can.
But the split isn't a big deal if the content you're playing is fun and rewarding on it's own. Year 2 is much improved on that. No more strike bosses that are big poopy bags of HP. LT mentioned running strikes to get gear and that's soooo much better than running Year 1 strikes to get Hopscotch. Year 2 Strikes are dynamic and fun. And Crucible is about to get a lot better too with a bug being squashed.

Lothars

Because of elemental primaries, I only used them and ignored everything kinetic. Would rather take no burns.
I still stand by the fact that the elemental helped those primaries being used but so did the perks since they were exclusive at that weapon.

I don't think you would be using elemental weapons exclusively if they were still in the game.

I think the big problem with loot in this game is that Bungies seems to have no idea what makes certain guns more sought after than others. They think all it takes is an elemental primary to make something the best gun ever, but crotas hm guns proved this isn't the case. When every nightfall had a burn they were still useful, but unlike the VoG elemental guns the Crota ones were severely lacking in good perks. The Hung Jury is a perfect example of Bungie not understanding. That scout is one of the best you can grab and it's way to easy to get. I don't know what types of play testers they use, if any, but Bungie needs to read more forums or something and make changes accordingly. It's a total crap shoot if a raid weapon is good or not. There's no rhyme or reason to certain exotics being completely worthless and others great. Their design team needs to really think hard about what guns should be deemed great and therefore harder to get. Right now the weapons are all over the place.

Zocano

Group of 5 at Daughters of Oryx

Need 1!

PSN is Zocano

I think the big problem with loot on this game is that Bungies seems to have no idea what makes certain guns more sought after than others. They think all it takes is an elemental primary to make something the best gun ever, but crotas hm guns proved this isn't the case. When every nightfall had a burn they were still useful, but unlike the VoG elemental guns the Crota ones were severely lacking in good perks. The Hung Jury is a perfect example of Bungie not understanding. That scout is one of the best you can grab and it's way to easy to get. I don't know what types of play testers they use, if any, but Bungie needs to read more forums or something and make changes accordingly. It's a total crap shoot if a raid weapon is good or not. There's no rhyme or reason to certain exotics being completely worthless and others great. Their design team needs to really think hard about what guns should be deemed great and therefore harder to get. Right now the weapons are all over the place.

There was different design philosophy for older guns and that has poisoned the well for what we expect. The game will forever live in the shadow of Gjallarhorn and Fatebringer.

Lothars

I think the big problem with loot on this game is that Bungies seems to have no idea what makes certain guns more sought after than others. They think all it takes is an elemental primary to make something the best gun ever, but crotas hm guns proved this isn't the case. When every nightfall had a burn they were still useful, but unlike the VoG elemental guns the Crota ones were severely lacking in good perks. The Hung Jury is a perfect example of Bungie not understanding. That scout is one of the best you can grab and it's way to easy to get. I don't know what types of play testers they use, if any, but Bungie needs to read more forums or something and make changes accordingly. It's a total crap shoot if a raid weapon is good or not. There's no rhyme or reason to certain exotics being completely worthless and others great. Their design team needs to really think hard about what guns should be deemed great and therefore harder to get. Right now the weapons are all over the place.
Your post is right on point, that is exactly what I mean.

They aren't the only thing worth chasing after, but the laziness in the NM vs HM King's Fall drops means there's no reason to do HM unless a higher number matters to you.

If Bungie had taken the time to add new gear or weapons it would make the sting hurt less.

The guns in KF are crappy. The armor in KF are ugly.

What are we chasing after?
They made the raid really fun to play but than they make the majority of loot on hardmode really poor and not worth chasing after. It's really sad I was hoping for some great items to chase after on the hard mode raid and so far It doesn't seem like this is the case at all.

Some of the raid weapons are great but a bunch of the guns are infusion fuel just like some of the armor is really good but again more infusion fuel.

zewone

Thinking that elemental primaries are the only thing worth chasing is a very narrow vision.

I feel for Bungie here.

Raids in the past had two things: guns so good they broke the game or elemental primaries that, well, also broke the game.

Elemental primaries are binary and I think it made since to nix them. And I think they wanted raid gear to be good, but they wanted a well-rolled legendary elsewhere in the game to be better. So what's the appeal of the raid anymore? I think they settled on light level, which is why normal mode is one tier and hard mode is another.

For me, though, chasing a number on a weapon that doesn't affect my moment to moment gameplay isn't appealing.

The Year 2 end game is splitting it appears:
  • Want the best weapons & armor? Run Strikes, Weekly Crucible Bounties, Rank up Factions/Gunsmith. Get as many drops as you can. (I think this is why engrams can drop in the raid too now).
  • Want the highest light? Run the raid at the highest difficulty you can.
But the split isn't a big deal if the content you're playing is fun and rewarding on it's own. Year 2 is much improved on that. No more strike bosses that are big poopy bags of HP. LT mentioned running strikes to get gear and that's soooo much better than running Year 1 strikes to get Hopscotch. Year 2 Strikes are dynamic and fun. And Crucible is about to get a lot better too with a bug being squashed.

They aren't the only thing worth chasing after, but the laziness in the NM vs HM King's Fall drops means there's no reason to do HM unless a higher number matters to you.

If Bungie had taken the time to add new gear or weapons it would make the sting hurt less.

lt519

I've gotten two Tread's.

Both have Crowd Control

One has grenadier and the other underdog.

One has damage to centurions (or field scout) and one to wizards (or high caliber rounds).

I think I like my Not Like the Others with bonus Taken damage and Third Eye better (;

This is Tread versus Not Like the Others, pretttty similar at face value, dunno about the hidden stats though. I'm thinking with some better range perks the Tread could be better. I could also get rid of the Taken damage and put on Braced Frame which makes the thing a laser beam.

Light level for Trials for the actual good gear lol

Yup, saw someone get it during nightfall this week.

I think Imago Loop also drops during all the Vex related strikes as well.

Not sure what other strike specific gear is like this.
From reddit:

Does Not Bow[1] [Auto Rifle] - Any Fallen specific strike

Imago Loop[2] [Hand Cannon] - Any Vex specific strike

Grasp of Marok[3] [Pulse Rifle] - The Will of Crota Strike

Treads Upon Stars[4] [Scout Rifle] - Any Cabal specific strike

Baron's Ambition[5] [Machine Gun] - Fallen S.A.B.E.R Strike

Darkblade's Spite[6] [Fusion Rifle] - The Sunless Cell Strike

i kind of wish they'd tell us what the lighthouse gear might be

aint tryin to play sweatys and rock some year 1 osiris looking armor that drops at 290

LTWood12

If there's a Warlock in the fireteam wearing Skull of Dire Ahamkara, the fireteam is able to see a worm over Oryx controlling him. You shoot the Worm instead or Oryx and you take him down in two bomb runs. This opens up the upside-down King's Fall and raises your level cap to 50.

Kappa. Symphony of the Night GOAT

Langy

Anyone get space in a fresh HM KF for a 307 Warlock. If not is anyone interested I starting a group?

Ty

Me and a mate want to start a run up if you interested?

Will need 3 more for a full HM kings fall run.

Add/msg Langoit on psn and we'll go asap...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom