• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

WHAT IF WHAT IF WHAT IF

The Clans stream is gonna talk about revamping clans to be properly integrated into the game?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I used to be really good at art and music during elementary school. I won awards and was highly praised. But I lived in the ghetto and always played outside morning until night, and stopped drawing and I completely lost it. I really miss that talent. I used to also be really good at playing the Piano, and by ear (never learned how to read notes). I performed at a talent show in Kindergarten and 1st Grade, playing I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston, and Forever In Love by Kenny G. Art and Music was my passion but now forever lost in the dark corners of time.

I still love and appreciate them and this was one of my favorite streams yet as Bungie's art & music is top notch, IMO.

I used to be really good at art and music during elementary school. I won awards and was highly praised. But I lived in the ghetto and always played outside morning until night, and stopped drawing and I completely lost it. I really miss that talent. I used to also be really good at playing the Piano, and by ear (never learned how to read notes). I performed at a talent show in Kindergarten and 1st Grade, playing I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston, and Forever In Love by Kenny G. Art and Music was my passion but now forever lost in the dark corners of time.

I still love and appreciate them and this was one of my favorite streams yet as Bungie's art & music is top notch, IMO.

It's never too late. I'm teaching myself how to watercolor! With crappy $12 paints and brushes I found from who knows when.

25235655679_7e27e86609.jpg

It's really satisfying to create something instead of just consuming all the time.

I believe in you Xplicit!

shia-labeouf-dont-let-your-dreams-animated-gif.gif

You should try to pick it up again.

I played the Sax from ages 8-11, and I gave it up because things like power rangers and TGIF was way more important.

When I changed schools for High School I picked it back up for the marching band, and I was surprisingly better at it than I had ever been. Something had clicked in that down time and I went on to play a crazy variety of instruments. I remember i had a scholarship offered to me at my senior concert because I literally changed instruments every song. Favorite was probably the Xylophone.

It's never too late. I'm teaching myself how to watercolor!

It's really satisfying to create something instead of just consuming all the time.

I love it! You do great work, including the warlock for Ape. That was awesome.

I know what you mean. It's my dream to create video games. I know how to program and I've done a few very small games with just sound effects and super basic pixel art. Combining art, music and programming is my ultimate dream and I'm going to seriously start it back up again. I want to at least do 30 minutes to an hour, 5-6 days a week until I get more involved and can spend hours :D

You should try to pick it up again.

I played the Sax from ages 8-11, and I gave it up because things like power rangers and TGIF was way more important.

When I changed schools for High School I picked it back up for the marching band, and I was surprisingly better at it than I had ever been. Something had clicked in that down time and I went on to play a crazy variety of instruments. I remember i had a scholarship offered to me at my senior concert because I literally changed instruments every song. Favorite was probably the Xylophone.

Music is probably moreso my passion than drawing because drawing seems so far gone. But I definitely want to pick both up again really soon. I know how that is. My piano teacher that would help me learn Forever in Love and I Will Always Love you moved away and since then I dropped it.

The problem with Piano is I don't have one and can't fit one anywhere in my house. But I did buy a MIDI keyboard so I could always start there again.

Frenden

Banned
I love it! You do great work, including the warlock for Ape. That was awesome.

I know what you mean. It's my dream to create video games. I know how to program and I've done a few very small games with just sound effects and super basic pixel art. Combining art, music and programming is my ultimate dream and I'm going to seriously start it back up again. I want to at least do 30 minutes to an hour, 5-6 days a week until I get more involved and can spend hours :D

Music is probably moreso my passion than drawing because drawing seems so far gone. But I definitely want to pick both up again really soon. I know how that is. My piano teacher that would help me learn Forever in Love and I Will Always Love you moved away and since then I dropped it.

The problem with Piano is I don't have one and can't fit one anywhere in my house. But I did buy a MIDI keyboard so I could always start there again.

I drew when I was a kid, had some really heavy shit happen, and had to put it down until I was around 20. I picked it back up and now do it professionally. Self taught, all that crap. You can do it if ya want it! Auto-didactic art is doable, it just takes a lot of dedication.

Flaubert said talent is long practice. I'm inclined to agree--it's just hours and grit and elbow work.

I only log in on Tuesday's to do the raid, then I don't log in again foir 7 days. Its been kinda nice.

My relationship with my GF has gotten better. We were having lots of problems around TTK release, and again around SLR.

I drew when I was a kid, had some really heavy shit happen, and had to put it down until I was around 20. I picked it back up and now do it professionally. Self taught, all that crap. You can do it if ya want it! Auto-didactic art is doable, it just takes a lot of dedication.

Flaubert said talent is long practice. I'm inclined to agree--it's just hours and grit and elbow work.

Nice man, your art is super good! I've been debating on getting a Wacom tablet to help but I'm not sure which would be the best. Maybe the bamboo. Or Intuos Pro Medium I think it's called these days

Finally got Hangman shadder. Now have all of the Dead orbit ones, just missing the ships.

Need 1 FWC and New Monarchy shadder to complete the factions set.

Frenden

Banned
Nice man, your art is super good! I've been debating on getting a Wacom tablet to help but I'm not sure which would be the best. Maybe the bamboo. Or Intuos Pro Medium I think it's called these days

Intuos Pros are a good investment. I have around thirty different tablets (I review them for my site and for art magazines) and over a dozen tablet monitors and I always go back to my Companion, 27QHD, and Intuos Pro Large (Medium is fine too). An Intuos should last you a long time.

Intuos Pros are a good investment. I have around thirty different tablets (I review them for my site and for art magazines) and over a dozen tablet monitors and I always go back to my Companion, 27QHD, and Intuos Pro Large (Medium is fine too). An Intuos should last you a long time.

Oh man, you're so lucky! Those are super expensive haha. Sounds good. It should be fun. Then I have to renew my Photoshop CS. At least it's only $10 / month for that alone.

Frenden

Banned
Oh man, you're so lucky! Those are super expensive haha. Sounds good. It should be fun. Then I have to renew my Photoshop CS. At least it's only $10 / month for that alone.

I bought dozens for years before manufacturers started to send them to me, I know. Oof. $$$

Grab Manga Studio/Clip Studio Paint (Same app, marketed under two names for a while.). It's often on sale for $20-45 and is a one time fee. Better drawing app than Photoshop too. I'll send you my tools if you pick it up:

https://frenden.myshopify.com/products/manga-studio-5-brush-super-set

the_id

I bought dozens for years before manufacturers started to send them to me, I know. Oof. $$$

Grab Manga Studio/Clip Studio Paint (Same app, marketed under two names for a while.). It's often on sale for $20-45 and is a one time fee. Better drawing app than Photoshop too. I'll send you my tools if you pick it up:

Your art has a lot of Surrealist influence. Respect you artists man. I can't draw for shit apart from important geometry.

It's never too late. I'm teaching myself how to watercolor! With crappy $12 paints and brushes I found from who knows when.

I believe in you Xplicit!

I have to second John on this. I'll be forty soon (next month) and have finally started to take my writing seriously. I am taking a writing class (on Tuesdays nonetheless), spending time every week working on a novel, and am happier than I have been in years.

Just go for it.

I have Manga Studio 4 EX that I bought on 3/20/14 for $30, and I've never used any of them before. Does that work or do you recommend the latest?

I have to second John on this. I'll be forty soon (next month) and have finally started to take my writing seriously. I am taking a writing class (on Tuesdays nonetheless), spending time every week working on a novel, and am happier than I have been in years.

Just go for it.

Nice that's awesome! Due to recent events at work among other things, I really am going to get started soon. The feeling of designing something and then building it and watching everything come to life is such a great feeling and I need it badly at this moment in my life so I will!

Nice that's awesome! Due to recent events at work among other things, I really am going to get started soon. The feeling of designing something and then building it and watching everything come to life is such a great feeling and I need it badly at this moment in my life so I will!
It is really is a good feeling. Might be the best thing you do for yourself, really.

If I ever finish my novel, I'll give you all free copies :)

stay gold

Yo thanks a bunch Mindlog & Dominat-R (not sure if they're a gaffer). Gearing up is such a pain, luckily I now have a Fall Emote pack to fight evil with
I only wanted the quest CT-D so it's all good

Frenden

Banned
I have Manga Studio 4 EX that I bought on 3/20/14 for $30, and I've never used any of them before. Does that work or do you recommend the latest?

Usually you can skate by with older apps, but MS4 to MS5 was like Dos to Windows 10. Huuuuuge update, waaaaay more like Photoshop for painting, inking, pencilling, etc. Can't recommend the upgrade enough. And working with the old one is just going to confuse you going forward.

Usually you can skate by with older apps, but MS4 to MS5 was like Dos to Windows 10. Huuuuuge update, waaaaay more like Photoshop for painting, inking, pencilling, etc. Can't recommend the upgrade enough. And working with the old one is just going to confuse you going forward.

Haha those pros are good enough for me to upgrade! Thanks :p

Mindlog

Yo thanks a bunch Mindlog & Dominat-R (not sure if they're a gaffer). Gearing up is such a pain, luckily I now have a Fall Emote pack to fight evil with
I only wanted the quest CT-D so it's all good
Thank you both for the run.

Genuinely my first interesting Nightfall drop in months. The Righteous VII is a Suros made New Monarchy bullet hose. I can get +max stability with no range.

Weapons drops would be much more fun if we still had reforging :\

Man just used ace of spades in pvp for the first time in ages, still a pretty solid gun, thx for the zone control games.

back to rainbow six siege...

Deku Tree

I thought this was worth a cross post from that new Destiny-Division thread in Gaming. it would be great if Bungie allowed you to Solo Weekly strikes again:

I like how the division does Matchmaking. In the division you can either try to MM onto someone elses squad, or you can start the mission solo and open up your party to allow people to MM into it. This way there is a party leader. So if you are doing a level 19 mission and a level 12 due gets MM into it the party leader can boot them. It also allows you to try to solo MM content.

In Destiny Bungie makes it impossible for anyone to "boot" anyone else whenever there is matchmaking. So if you go into a 260 light strike and you get MM with a 220 light guardian then your only option is to leave and start over (and sometimes when that happens you get MM back into the same group lol).

I get that Bungie is doing a lot to prevent griefing, which is important. But it also sucks to get MM into a group with players who are too under-leveled and have no business making your mission take twice as long as it should because they didn't grind enough ahead of time.

I only log in on Tuesday's to do the raid, then I don't log in again foir 7 days. Its been kinda nice.

My relationship with my GF has gotten better. We were having lots of problems around TTK release, and again around SLR.
Perhaps you might have replace her with TTK during that time period :p

Man just used ace of spades in pvp for the first time in ages, still a pretty solid gun, thx for the zone control games.

back to rainbow six siege...

GGs everyone, Darknyss is up to 120 in the world, i'm at 823 :d Shit gets tricky at this stage one loss can send you down a few 100 levels.

Edit DTR has us at 252 and 366

Top Bottom