• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

darkwing

Yesterday a friend of mine jumped in on a group that had 4 monitors activated and were killing Aksis to get the 5th monitor, when they did, the lasers for the 5th monitor were still up so does that mean everyone in the fireteam has to be present from the start? Has anyone confirmed?

my PVE 1K stare has triple tap and casket mag. It turns it into 7 shots per mag sniper. I call it a PVE god roll.

the original group must not go into orbit or the monitors reset

Any pro groups running their alts through the raid quest this morning that need a sixth? I'm home sick and would love to cruise through while my wife is at work.

I can start in about a half hour.

Hedgey

I FINALLY UNDERSTAND.
Okay guys quick guide get getting guaranteed loot from crucible:

Step 1. Deploy a probe in Salvage
Step 2. Stare into the souls of your enemies. If you look hard enough, maybe a stray bullet will kill them for you.
Step 3. Guaranteed Legendary!

CthUG4BVYAAGsNW.jpg:large

CthUV9YUsAAcrou.jpg:large

Man, Crucible is going to be incredibly frustrating if there are a bunch of Outbreak Primes... and I might as well not even go near Iron Banner.

It's only been a week and I already feel like I am left behind. I feel your pain, XAL. But there will always be people here who are willing to run through old stuff.

So the serious grinds are 350 to 365 and then 365 to 380, right?
365 to 380 was, for me, was at least 5x faster than 350 to 365

365 to 380 was, for me, was at least 5x faster than 350 to 365

Really?! I've been finding it to be completely the opposite. I need a ghost and artifact higher than my 366/365 ones and they always drop at or 1 above that level it seems for me. Blues and Purples cap at 365 so where do I find infusion fodder now? Not being snarky... honestly curious. Will i just have to continue to raid over and over and use or infuse those weapons/armor/ghosts and pray on an artifact?

LiK

i watched the video guide and i sorta just wanna start doing the raid and see how far i can go and hope for some gear drops to push my LL higher. 350+ is the ELO hell of leveling up in this expansion.

Question, to do the new exotic Pulse Rifle from the raid puzzle, do you have to finish the raid first ?

The first step is to activate all 5 monitors and beat the final boss. The 4th monitor is tied to the puzzle in the server farm. Solving that puzzle gives you a fancy emblem and an exotic engram.

Once you beat Aksis you can go under the map, activate monitor #5, and open the chest that will give you a siva engine and tells you to talk to Shiro. That starts the quest. The quest is 9 or 10 steps, I believe. Kinda blurred together for me lol... But it involves doing stuff in the plaguelands, solving puzzles in fireteams of 3 (one of each class), and going back into the raid to beat 3 bosses for modules.

Really?! I've been finding it to be completely the opposite. I need a ghost and artifact higher than my 366/365 ones and they always drop at or 1 above that level it seems for me. Blues and Purples cap at 365 so where do I find infusion fodder now? Not being snarky... honestly curious. Will i just have to continue to raid over and over and use or infuse those weapons/armor/ghosts and pray on an artifact?
Got my ghost from a dead orbit package
Got artifacts from opening heroic strike chests with skeleton keys
Got endless class items from Archon's Forge

The rest were either exotic engrams (I had a bunch saved to decrypt when I hit 365), crucible rewards, faction packages, nightfall rewards, and then also raid loot.

What's a really good pve/boss fight sniper?
I've been using a 1000 yard stare with triple tap, perfect balance and mulligan forever. Where and how can I get a better one?

I got a higher than 350 artifact (a 355 when I was around that light level) from one of the shiro bounties. I dont remember if I ranked it up or if it just randomly gave it to me after the bounty.

Skele7on

Banned
I FINALLY UNDERSTAND.
Okay guys quick guide get getting guaranteed loot from crucible:

Step 1. Deploy a probe in Salvage
Step 2. Stare into the souls of your enemies. If you look hard enough, maybe a stray bullet will kill them for you.
Step 3. Guaranteed Legendary!

legendary crucible drops are every 3-4 games.

a friend and I have it down to a science now.

LiK

I've been using a 1000 yard stare with triple tap, perfect balance and mulligan forever. Where and how can I get a better one?

everyone uses this gun. i inspected a bunch of Gaffers and they're all using this sniper now.

Got my ghost from a dead orbit package
Got artifacts from opening heroic strike chests with skeleton keys
Got endless class items from Archon's Forge

The rest were either exotic engrams (I had a bunch saved to decrypt when I hit 365), crucible rewards, faction packages, nightfall rewards, and then also raid loot.

Ok that's basically what i'm aware of as well. Just comes down to luck. But for me personally ranking from previous level cap to 365 is lightning compared to this because you're flooded with blues and purples up to 365. You just can't NOT level quick lol.

I'll be back on that grind after work. At least WotM is fucking amazing fun!

Ok that's basically what i'm aware of as well. Just comes down to luck. But for me personally ranking from previous level cap to 365 is lightning compared to this because you're flooded with blues and purples up to 365. You just can't NOT level quick lol.

I'll be back on that grind after work. At least WotM is fucking amazing fun!
Yeh unfortunately it's still all rng haha. Gotta get lucky. I think having all of the exotic engrams saved is what propelled me the most- got a bunch in the raid also from chests/first boss with 3oC.

Yeh unfortunately it's still all rng haha. Gotta get lucky. I think having all of the exotic engrams saved is what propelled me the most- got a bunch in the raid also from chests/first boss with 3oC.

Do you know what exact stages 3oC works in WotM? I completely forgot to pop them during last night's raid :/

Lima

I use the Event Horizon from the crucible vendor in PvE now. 3 shots but Spindle impact class so it hits like a truck. Good scope with shortgaze, spray and play for super fast reload and explosive rounds if you fancy that.

Give it a try if you have marks and no use for them.

i ended up taking it outta the Vault and infusing it now too. It really is the best Sniper currently.

It seems like everything from TTK is better than anything from Rise of Iron. I couldn't find a better primary than Hung Jury either and I think Sleeper Simulant or Dark Drinker are better heavys than Ghallarhorn.
Not to mention that the raid weapons people have been able to get aren't great either since no one seems to use them.
I was ready for new stuff.

I use the Event Horizon from the crucible vendor in PvE now. 3 shots but Spindle impact class so it hits like a truck. Good scope with shortgaze, spray and play for super fast reload and explosive rounds if you fancy that.

Yeah, I bought this a few days back and yeah it feels really good to shoot. The reload is extremely fast even without sniper arms. I've thought about making it my main sniper.

X-Frame

Think I'm going to pick this up soon too even though I have Devil's Dawn. Spray and Play on a 3 round mag seems awesome to maintain high DPS.

deafmedal

Any pro groups running their alts through the raid quest this morning that need a sixth? I'm home sick and would love to cruise through while my wife is at work.

I can start in about a half hour.
Cough, cough, yeah right😝
You know you gonna have to help the rest of us if you get it first, right?! We goin' get 'em tomorrow night, you'll see😎

Top Bottom