• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny: The Taken King - Year 2 Reveal - Stream (Summary in OP)

Nephtes

This is all well and good, but lets talk about REAL reasons to go back to Destiny.

Tell us Bungie, I need to know, will Destiny TTK feature new Trophies/Achievements?

New Achievements, or I keep my $40.

Hedge

So how does the DLC work when playing two accounts on the same PS4? Will the DLC work for all accounts, like PS Plus games does, or does it require every account to buy it?

So will I need to buy another copy of Taken King if I want my own Warlock to dabble around with when my bf isn't playing?

Troy

Banned
What do you guys think of someone playing Destiny again but without purchasing The Taken King? You see, I bought the first expansion, not the second, and I really REALLY don't want to have to purchase both just to play again. However all of these new changes sound great. Am I crazy to want to play the same old content but with quality of life improvements? I just can't justify paying another 60 bucks to play the game I already own.

There's people that still play nothing but the demo. Do your thang, chickenwang.

Have they announced if they'll let us edit our character? I'm not even talking about changing a race (though I don't see why that would be a big deal), but even something as simple as changing your hair or exo color.

Tovarisc

Have they announced if they'll let us edit our character? I'm not even talking about changing a race (though I don't see why that would be a big deal), but even something as simple as changing your hair or exo color.

They first need patch in some hairstyles for Awoken that don't look like pure trash.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
So how does the DLC work when playing two accounts on the same PS4? Will the DLC work for all accounts, like PS Plus games does, or does it require every account to buy it?

So will I need to buy another copy of Taken King if I want my own Warlock to dabble around with when my bf isn't playing?
Account share (which Sony allows) so you can also share dlc licenses. All saves are server side anyways so they're tied to whoever is logged in.

Edit: oh you're on the same ps4? You may not need to even account share. Just make a second account on the ps4 itself.

Edit: I was unaware of sharing

If it's the same PS4 you both should be able to play the content. I did this with my wife for a short period before we just bought a 2nd PS4.

Hedge

Account share (which Sony allows) so you can also share dlc licenses. All saves are server side anyways so they're tied to whoever is logged in.

Good news indeed! Thanks! Then I can make my own Warlock and make him do all the difficult missions.

Thank you!

TVexperto

I havent been following Destiny news lately but is this expansion as big as the original destiny since they are calling it Year 2?

LowParry

I know this has been probably asked a million times. I've played Destiny but no longer has my disc. I'm getting me the Taken bundle with PS4. Will I be able to play with that disc or do I still need the original?

Orayn

I know this has been probably asked a million times. I've played Destiny but no longer has my disc. I'm getting me the Taken bundle with PS4. Will I be able to play with that disc or do I still need the original?

Every Destiny disc is the same base game, DLC always comes as codes with any retail edition or bundle.

Atilac

I feel like I spent close to a hundred dollars to be a beta tester, and new players will get the game the way it was ment to be played :(

I feel like I spent close to a hundred dollars to be a beta tester, and new players will get the game the way it was ment to be played :(

Yeah but we had a hell of a time.

I was just thinking about the very first time I was doing the VOG. It was so much fun, I will never forget it. I had no Idea what i was doing, but was being guided. Navigating the caves I was like this is amazing man!!!!!!!!

Being carried to the Lighthouse was such an amazing time for me. This game has given me so much joy. I get emotional thinking about it.

Destiny isn't an mmo

Welcome to MMO/FPS hybrids. Year 2 newcomers will likely be saying this in a year as well.

Did you have fun playing the game over the first year? If you did, awesome. Then these changes that improve the game don't take anything away from that.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Destiny isn't an mmo
It isn't except when it is convenient for people to say it is. lol

---

I'm sure they'll outline what you actually do, but the quests and bounties seem like busywork, and if Crota and PoE were the best they can do in "year 1", I don't know what I would even expect out of this thing in terms of PvE.

blamite

This is all well and good, but lets talk about REAL reasons to go back to Destiny.

Tell us Bungie, I need to know, will Destiny TTK feature new Trophies/Achievements?

New Achievements, or I keep my $40.
Don't hold me to this but I'm like 70% sure new Trophies are confirmed. I think it was on the Rooster Teeth stream at E3?

EloquentM

aka Mannny
It isn't except when it is convenient for people to say it is. lol

---

I'm sure they'll outline what you actually do, but the quests and bounties seem like busywork, and if Crota and PoE were the best they can do in "year 1", I don't know what I would even expect out of this thing in terms of PvE.
What people?

KodaRuss

Alright fine Bungie. Ill get TTK.

I am excited to explore a new area and raid more than anything that they are adding though.

Theorry

240.000 viewers for a little livestream. Damn.
Great for a game nobody plays anymore.

Great changes overall. Alot of new stuff.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
What people?
Whenever there's a discussion about Destiny in a broader scale, the subject of whether or not it is an MMO keeps coming up. Whether it's the types of grinding it asks you to do, or the way it gates content, or whatever.

I'm sure someone could go through all the threads to find examples of people saying it is and it isn't, but it's just funny that a year later, it's still there.

Troy

Banned

Did you not have fun? I paid the same as you, put in hundreds of hours, and I'm about to lose pretty much everything I played for in less than a month. And I'm thrilled. You don't keep things fresh by leaving everything as it was.

gatti-man

Well you feel wrong then. You got early access for a year and experienced things people will have no clue about in year 2. You say it's not an mmo but it changes like one. If this upsets you then Destiny and Destiny 2 aren't a game for you.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Well you feel wrong then. You got early access for a year and experienced things people will have no clue about in year 2. You say it's not an mmo but it changes like one. If this upsets you then Destiny and Destiny 2 aren't a game for you.
To be fair, a lot of the changes they keep making should have been there on day 1 based on the fact that they could have copied any number of games out there.

OneUh8

Awesome thing is we still don't know anything about the new raid ( and I don't want to know, going in blind is the best). The raids are the best part of the game imo. VoG is still fun to play after a year.

Top Bottom