• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destructoid: "Itagaki is done? Gamestop only has 420 copies of Devil Third for NA."

Razlo

What if this is how Nintendo plans to make a quick buck?

Release a few copies at a time as they all sell out, which will keep demand up. Eventually they'll make a profit.

This is how the Ace Attorney series started.

Since I bought it for myself, and not for profit, this wouldn't bother me.

Call your gamestops to be sure. Yesterday the website said the closest store that had it was 15 miles away and the cleark at my store was like "this game?" As she pulled a copy out of the drawer.

So the website not always correct.

Thanks for advice. I called mine and they didn't have it, but I may try again at some point. I wish I would have gotten it during the brief time it was up at Gamestop. Now selling for $150 plus on Ebay and Amazon.

Call your gamestops to be sure. Yesterday the website said the closest store that had it was 15 miles away and the cleark at my store was like "this game?" As she pulled a copy out of the drawer.

So the website not always correct.

Probably a preorder that the reservee didn't pick up, so it was showing up as claimed.

Australia seems to have a bunch of copies unsold here, doubt this game will reach 'rare enough to invest in' status. Some retailers selling here for AUD$50.

When did you order it? They just cancelled mine today :(

i ordered it from gamestop (US) about the time when this thread just posted up and not much interest in it. people were still on the fence re: ordering it.
Once people starting to see local in-store pick up availability disappear around them, they started bum rushing that add to cart button.

edite:
looking at my old post it was exactly 12-13-2015, 05:56 PM

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=189091418&postcount=124

leroidys

i ordered it from gamestop (US) about the time when this thread just posted up and not much interest in it. people were still on the fence re: ordering it.
Once people starting to see local in-store pick up availability disappear around them, they started bum rushing that add to cart button.

edite:
looking at my old post it was exactly 12-13-2015, 05:56 PM

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=189091418&postcount=124
Damn. Placed my order 3 hours earlier.

SalvaPot

Got my Amazon copy today and I am itching to start playing tomorrow, I am so happy I pulled the trigger when my Best Buy copy was cancelled since I really wanted to play it and the second hand prices just keep on getting more and more silly.

leroidys

then that's weird. maybe i placed my order a few minutes before posting , an hour at most, but it definitely not three hours earlier. wonder why gamestop didn't ship in orders placed...
I'm guessing it's because I ordered several amiibos at the same time, so it probably took their system longer to prepare the order or something. Oh well.

NDPsycho

Got my Amazon copy today and I am itching to start playing tomorrow, I am so happy I pulled the trigger when my Best Buy copy was cancelled since I really wanted to play it and the second hand prices just keep on getting more and more silly.

They might trend back up once the glut on ebay thins out again, but they've been trending down all week. Many are ending under $100 now,

Top Bottom