• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destructoid: "Itagaki is done? Gamestop only has 420 copies of Devil Third for NA."

Its sold out now...Just had it in my cart and it disappeared when I went to final checkout...

My local Gamestop told me there were 15 available on the website right before I attempted to buy it.

damn- added 2 to cart-and kicked me out at checkout as well-

I will get a backup copy of this game-(and a copy for someone who wants it)

Fermbiz

Gold Member
I placed a hold order at my local Gamestop via the site. Never received a confirmation so I called. There are holding it amd the rep tells me the only received one and its already gutted for display...

I don't have much of a choice, oh well...

I placed a hold order at my local Gamestop via the site. Never received a confirmation so I called. There are holding it not the rep tips me the only received 1one and its already gutted for display...

I don't have much of a choice, oh well...

remember to insist on a used price-only consolation I got
CWDIOYAUAAAxrvY.jpg:large

Edit:used the rmaining balance for the giftcard on other stuff-thanks Ghekkus for the concern :p

Missed it. I'm tempted to buy it for collector purposes. I just don't know if it will be worth anything just because it's rare (compared to something like an Earthbound cart, which is rare and actually of good quality).

Earthbound carts aren't really rare. They are just in high demand.

RootCause

I'd rather re-play The Order, than play this pile of crap again.
Poor souls that pay top money just to have as a collector item. :p

leroidys

I managed to snag an unopened copy. What should I buy with the $10,000,000 I end up selling this for in a few years, gaf?

Jobbs

Banned
I managed to snag an unopened copy. What should I buy with the $10,000,000 I end up selling this for in a few years, gaf?

The safe choice is to pounce on the sure thing $150+ over the short term during the hype window when everyone wants to snag the big collector's item. After the novelty/hype goes away, the price may drop from there and not go up for years if ever.

Beartruck

Welp, my local area had a good amount of copies yesterday so I decided to sit on it, now there's none within 100 miles. Shit.

Josh5890

Welp, my local area had a good amount of copies yesterday so I decided to sit on it, now there's none within 100 miles. Shit.

Same here. I think Gaf led to the histaria. Thanks guys.

The bright side is that it is on the eshop so at least I have somewhere to get it if gohastings fails me.

Ok, it's cool and all that Devil's Third's collectible value jumped so high so fast, but I'd rather it be a game that people play. Every copy collected is Siege not happening.

SalvaPot

Same here. I think Gaf led to the histaria. Thanks guys.

The bright side is that it is on the eshop so at least I have somewhere to get it if gohastings fails me.

If only Wonderful 101 got this level of hysteria then more people would have bought it, what a brilliant game.

Looks like nintendo using the right marketing strategy...

Nintendo didn't do this.
Retailers didn't order enough. They don't want this. I mean, what would give retailers the idea that Devil's Third would be in demand after it's preceding reputation? All they really have are their pre-orders, and how many pre-orders from it's preceding reputation?
Retailers, and Nintendo, want games to sell legitimately because there is no scalper royalty fee.
Again, what hurts most about Devil's Third being seen as some kind of collector investment means that someone -many ones- will not be playing the game. It's multiplayer murder.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Nintendo didn't do this.
Retailers didn't order enough. They don't want this. I mean, what would give retailers the idea that Devil's Third would be in demand after it's preceding reputation? All they really have are their pre-orders, and how many pre-orders from it's preceding reputation?
Retailers, and Nintendo, want games to sell legitimately because there is no scalper royalty fee.
Again, what hurts most about Devil's Third being seen as some kind of collector investment means that someone -many ones- will not be playing the game. It's multiplayer murder.
Thank you for the explanation. I thought this one is on publisher producing limited amount of physical.

Domaje

Nintendo didn't do this.
This is really bad... if you kill Devil's Third multiplayer you kill the best (and biggest) part of the game.

And that's a shame, the multiplayer has many great ideas. I mean, I was watching Uncharted 4 beta and I don't think that I could play a online game like that after DT. Just to mention two things, Uncharted speed, mobility-verticality is much lower and the melee combat is brain dead and useful only to kick enemies on the ground...

Gxgear

Gonna be one of the rarest officially released games of all time, plus it's got a crazy history.

This thing is gonna go for like 500 bucks in a few years.

Has there been a game in the last decade that's appreciated 10 times in value? Don't think even the sought after SNES games do that well.

mrmickfran

What if this is how Nintendo plans to make a quick buck?

Release a few copies at a time as they all sell out, which will keep demand up. Eventually they'll make a profit.

This is how the Ace Attorney series started.

Call your gamestops to be sure. Yesterday the website said the closest store that had it was 15 miles away and the cleark at my store was like "this game?" As she pulled a copy out of the drawer.

So the website not always correct.

Top Bottom