• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destructoid: PS4 controller prototype & devkit photo, [Up: New Photo/Info In OP]

Raoh

Here's the final version of it

84735926236c31ff856bo.jpg

so you guys with 2 foot fingers can have amazing grip on it.

Is that the Wikipad's mentally and physically challenged cousin?

wikipad2.jpg

Perkel

Banned
Not true.

The ones on the iMacs/MacBooks are so tiny as to be almost invisible to the eye, like microscopic pinholes, but they work really well.

Now, that 4-mic array on the Eye is definitely a good idea for capturing sound from across the room. Reflections and such. But up close you really don't need a big pickup.

I hope the jack is a 3-striped style like iPhone, if I can use my iPhone headset (not the stock one, come on now) that will be really great.

I agree but you need some bigger mic if you want good mic. I mean without yelling across the room to pad. Also space from pad to face isn't that small to have puny mic.

Fistwell

Still looks like shit imo. Are there pics of early DS prototypes floating around the interwebs? I'd like to think sony still has a chance to salvage this... ;_;

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I have to say. I'm liking the look of the new controller. I'm really glad that Sony hasn't decided to go for a exotic design. A nice simple gamepad with some added functionality. Just what I wanted.

Now lets see what MS comes up with.

Oppo

I agree but you need some bigger mic if you want good mic. I mean without yelling across the room to pad. Also space from pad to face isn't that small to have puny mic.

I don't know, man. There's like a little tiny pinhole in my iPhone headset mic and it works just fine, I use it for hours some days. I even dictated this with it. ;)

Haunted

Even better from this angle. Far more ergonomic looking! Big improvement over the DS3 imo, what looks to be slightly longer palm handles too.

original.jpg
Wider, bulkier, with longer handles, already looks so much better than any PS controller before it.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I really like both the idea of a touch pad on PS4 controller and its possible design.

M.D

Update: Another source has told IGN that the mysterious space in the middle of the controller can be pressed like a button, something Kotaku's source has also stated. Our separate source also indicates that the R2 and L2 buttons may actually be more in line with spring-loaded Xbox 360-like triggers and that the light atop the controller is indeed a PlayStation Move sensor.

Raoh

Even better from this angle. Far more ergonomic looking! Big improvement over the DS3 imo, what looks to be slightly longer palm handles too.

original.jpg

Good so far, its wider which is nice, I definitely learned to appreciate wider controllers after using the wii U gamepad which is slightly too wide and could lose about a half inch on both sides for better comfort.

Any picks of new dualshock laying in that same position but displaying its side and back view to compare to these?

logitech-xbox-cordless-precision-controller-20070612032103605-000.jpg

963320-0403-R-3.jpg

I'd like to see the bottom of the grip as well.

Mad_Ban

Our separate source also indicates that the R2 and L2 buttons may actually be more in line with spring-loaded Xbox 360-like triggers and that the light atop the controller is indeed a PlayStation Move sensor.
If true, it's looking to possibly be one of my favourite ever controllers.

TCRS

Banned
shit man the controller was one of the main reasons for me not to buy the PS3, but this looks great. bulkier, bigger, wider, longer, probably heavier as well. Every negative aspect of the DS3 corrected.

I don't get the move-like functionality on the controller. How would that make it any more different than the six-axis. Unless of course the six axis is incapable of z-depth tracking.

ElRenoRaven

Very interesting that new picture. I do like the mic jack being in the controller. Means no more having to jump through hoops to use a microphone on the console. Still not a fan of the stick layout but I've survived for 3 gens with it a 4th won't kill me

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Holy crap that new pic looks great. I have no problems with the DS3 but damn if that new controller doesn't look awesome.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
I liked the original leaked pic alot, it didnt seem too bulky to me really. That new pic just confirms it, they really are addressing the comfort of holding the controller. Now I just need to see the damn triggers and Im all set.

Raoh

I don't get the move-like functionality on the controller. How would that make it any more different than the six-axis. Unless of course the six axis is incapable of z-depth tracking.

Added accuracy?

or ability to use move controller games with a dualshock instead? I wonder if it would work with games like Under Siege.

Your dualshock serves as a nav controller and the move light on the new controller for motion.

guessing of course.

I hope its fairly priced to for buying a second controller. I don't see third parties making any good versions of this.

Edit**

Laguna X answered the question.

Top Bottom