• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Details for Last of Us PSN release and the Season Pass (1 SP & 2 MP DLC packs)

Amir0x

Banned
I've seen these bonus upgrades in the demo, which can actually save you a lot of tools and materials

in a game where the whole point is tools and materials are scarce and you have to try to survive with what you find

seems logical

Loudninja

Looks like microtransactions are affecting game mechanic balance even in full-priced titles. You can bet the game was balanced to the crafting and healing speeds seen above and then reduced to promote day one purchase (or, surely, later DLC). Sigh. I can't support this without feeling dirty.
Ew, why would you want this?

And fuck the season pass. I'll grab the single player DLC and ignore the rest.
These things are already in the game,you can upgrade all you weapons and abilities.

You cant upgrade everything though.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
The SP upgrades are "head starts" and they are totally dumb... the idea of them I can see twisting people up, but the actually content is so ridiculously inconsequential I'm having trouble taking the "balance" complaints about it seriously. I mean, really.

Season pass? Yeah I understand. Detailing DLC before you even show the damn MP? Yeah I agree it's really gross.

But the actual SP content here is not worth the oxygen it takes to complain about.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Not even the soundtrack for pre-order? COME ON.

People stop tweeting #PS4NoDRM and tweet #TLOUonPSNwithOST.
I know I will preorder anyway, because I have no other way of getting it :( God fucking dammit, Sony.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Not even the soundtrack for pre-order? COME ON.

People stop tweeting #PS4NoDRM and tweet #TLOUonPSNwithOST.
I know I will preorder anyway, because I have no other way of getting it :( God fucking dammit, Sony.
Sorry about that, I thought the blog post mentioned it but the sight and sound pack (XMB Theme, Soundtrack, & 2 PSN Avatars) is included in the PSN preorder.

Download The Last of Us Pre-Order Bundle which includes the full game, PSN Pre-Order Theme, and Sights & Sounds Pack.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/cid=UP9000-NPUA80960_00-THELASTOFUSDIG01

Something about there being bonuses for "increased clip sizes" worries me that this game is not going to be what I thought it was going to be. How many dudes am I mowing down in this game?

taizuke

I know i'm getting it. I just won't use it til after my first playthrough. Also, i'm excited about the mp.

Fezan

really hate single player dlc specially in a story driven games. really disappointed in ND.
game just went from day 0 to day it reaches $40 + $ 10 dlc

Never again after Uncharted 3. I really want that documentary though...but fuck off with that season pass...

SP unlockables are retarded too. At least they probably won't find their way into Beyond lol and I can ignore them here. Will watch the making of on YouTube. Sorry ND.

smr00

Banned
Can play while it's downloading? Might be the first full ps3 game i buy digitally.

That is if none of my gamestop stores have Post-Pandemic Editions left for pre-order. I called a few stores today and no luck, didn't call the stores that are a good 30 minutes away but if they have them.. IT WILL BE MINE

spannicus

Can play while it's downloading? Might be the first full ps3 game i buy digitally.

That is if none of my gamestop stores have Post-Pandemic Editions left for pre-order. I called a few stores today and no luck, didn't call the stores that are a good 30 minutes away but if they have them.. IT WILL BE MINE

Ebay got your back for 360 US Dollars.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I thought the play while you download feature was cool. First for PS3, previewing the PS4 feature?
From the sound of it, they're going the core executable download from the store followed by the data download when you launch the game route. Other games have done this before; Home, M.A.G., DCUO, & Dust 514 come to mind. Those 3 games require the full download before letting you play though, while Home downloads sections when you try to visit the space.

Neil Druckmann explains how the download will work for the last of us and they are using their own private server so it will download faster than normal PSN downloads.

Eurogamer gameplay interview/preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=CCTow3vfhlI#t=381s

Cool to see the whole quickstart download thing is actually a real thing, even on PS3.

But...

Unique to Season Pass buyers are the following Day 1 bonuses:

Day 1 Bonuses
Increased Crafting Speed
Increased Healing Speed
9mm Reload Speed Upgrade
Rifle Clip Capacity Upgrade
Grounded – exclusive 90min “Making of The Last of Us” documentary

These Day 1 bonuses will help you get a head start and an edge in Joel and Ellie’s struggle to survive through the single player campaign of The Last of Us.

So basically, they are locking the easiest difficulty behind a paywall.

I hate this trend in gaming.

Gadirok

Season pass? Yeah I understand. Detailing DLC before you even show the damn MP? Yeah I agree it's really gross.

I'm getting more irritated by each passing day. I can't believe they have been keeping it on the down low.

It makes my expectations that much higher. Like it honestly better be as good as they say it is.

Facism

I hope the multi is U3 beta levels of fun so I can get some good times in with the old PS3 crew. Chatroom and all.

MP DLC before they even show what the MP even is? It really seems like Naughty Dog has no idea how to handle multiplayer, there is zero chance that lives up to their hype.

Gadirok

MP DLC before they even show what the MP even is? It really seems like Naughty Dog has no idea how to handle multiplayer, there is zero chance that lives up to their hype.

The problem is the MP for Uncharted 2 and 3 was great (well until certain changes) so they have proven themselves and provided betas for both games.

For this game they have pushed for a blockage of any word getting out. Like absolutely nothing. Nada.

I can understand hyping up a game for those reasons but it becomes more annoying at some point when no information leaks out or anything.

GQman2121

Banned
Not going digital yet? Look for the Season Pass when you get your game in retail stores on launch day, June 14, 2013.

What does this mean? Do you not download the DLC when you purchase at retail? What?

web01

I really, really hope people are not stupid enough to fall for Naughty Dogs DLC scams after the uncharted 2 DLC and Uncharted 3 Season Pass.

Gadirok

I really, really hope people are not stupid enough to fall for Naughty Dogs DLC scams after the uncharted 2 DLC and Uncharted 3 Season Pass.

I'm not stupid enough to preorder it but who knows how the map packs might turn out.

I'll only buy if it turns into a massive success.

There's no hype for it, but there's a small chance it might not be shit, then they'll just patch it to oblivion.

I said their because Naughty Dog has has been hyping it up a lot. You are correct that no one else is hyped for it, it's kind of hard to get hyped for something you know nothing about.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
So do I need to buy all this stuff to enjoy the game?

You don't need any of it. The SP DLC is stuff you would get through a normal playthrough anyway.

The rest is for MP that we don't even know about, and a SP expansion that's probably months and moths away yet.

ElRenoRaven

Well from Day 1 to wait for eventual re-release with all content for about 30 bucks. Oh well. Saves me some money while I wait. Good thing it's easy to cancel them with Amazon.

Violater

No, its all multiplayer fluff.

You don't need any of it. The SP DLC is stuff you would get through a normal playthrough anyway.

The rest is for MP that we don't even know about, and a SP expansion that's probably months and moths away yet.

Boggles the mind, why they would announce any of this stuff and they have not even shown us the MP as yet. I guess it is a pledge of support, but somehow I think people really interested in this game are doing so for the sp.

Top Bottom