• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Detective GAF: Possible missing gaffer [Not missing :P]

Status
Not open for further replies.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
yeah, yeah, i read gaf i know.

just people trying to get after this dudes personal information (which he has apparently never volunteered on his own) seems weird to me.

if i made some ominous last post on gaf, there are people on here could be like "his name is ______, this is his phone number, his address, etc" ..

seriously, i hope the dude is okay.
Sounds like he fooled GAF and didn't give a fuck about anyone here.
Well played FreeMufasa. You're as cold blooded as Shurs.

Amagon

I wonder what would happen if I suddenly stopped posting
OFNUN.jpg

C.Dark.DN

Banned
yeah, yeah, i read gaf i know.

just people trying to get after this dudes personal information (which he has apparently never volunteered on his own) seems weird to me.

if i made some ominous last post on gaf, there are people on here could be like "his name is ______, this is his phone number, his address, etc" ..

seriously, i hope the dude is okay.

The simple solution is for it to be bannable if you post info that isn't public. A mod got de-modded once. I got banned for outing the username of someone who wrote an article.

There's nothing stopping someone from calling a hotel you post that you stayed at. Public info is public info. But there can easily be someone stopping people from posting the name, address, etc. on the forum.

The only thing 99% of the people need/want to know is if he's ok.

Rayis

oh wow, that is indeed an alarming last post, especially considering he was very active before it, I hope he's alright, maybe GAF can do something if it can?

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
I vaguely remember him talking about feeling girls up on public transportation, might have been another member though.

He felt up Yakuza?!

Izick

Quick google search shows a "Freemufasa" account on some Android forums. Has made only one post, not even 2 weeks ago.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/an...-win-nexus-7-prize-package-nvidia-ac-186.html

The profile page has nothing though.

Obviously could be coincidentally somebody totally different the same username. I would think Freemufasa would be pretty unique though...

Interesting. Only post is for that free Nexus 7. He seemed to frequent the iPad threads if I remember correctly. Not sure if that affects anything though. Could be a coincidence I guess.

Forever

Banned
I vaguely remember him talking about feeling girls up on public transportation

Well there you go. They call that chikan in Japan and they do not fuck around if they catch you. It's a big problem on overcrowded trains, so they've been cracking down.

He's almost certainly in jail.

I hope he's ok :( That is a quite creepy last post, to be sure.

Maybe someone in his local area could look for articles about missing people? I am far to chicken to look up something like that late at night.

Emily Chu

Banned

EVOL 100%

Most municipalities have ordinances against groping. In Tokyo, indecent acts or harassment in public places can draw up to a six-month prison term or ¥500,000 fine. A repeat offender can be sent away for a year or fined up to ¥1 million.

More serious cases can be subject to national criminal laws, with violators getting prison terms ranging from six months to 10 years.

..Wow.

Emily Chu

Banned
what if he really did get busted feeling up a young girl on the subway and got thrown in prison for like ten years?

what the fuck ? how long do they throw you in prison for if you do that ?

maybe it's harsher because it was in foreigner in a foreign land.

Dresden

Could've run up some gambling debt, tried to run, and that was his last post on this world... maybe he's working in some underground mine in Japan with all the other yakuza debtors.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Surprised there haven't been any trolling "Hey Guys, sorry, but someone is knocking at my door at 3 in the morning, brb." posts.

It is a weird thing to do, especially if he didn't have history of being a troll.

If I ever go missing I would want DectectiveGAF to scour the ends of the earth for me, but that's just me.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
This is interesting. I hope it's not trolling and dude's ok. Tip: when was his last post? Look for news on the day that happened wherever you think he was.

Forever

Banned
Addendum: If he really is in jail for being a chikan, then he would probably have preferred that we didn't know. Kind of an embarrassing thing to be caught doing. Just a little.

Emily Chu

Banned
I vaguely remember him talking about feeling girls up on public transportation, might have been another member though.

He felt up Yakuza?!

wait talking about it or actually saying that he had done something like that ?

because if so I think he is in a japanese prison right now for the next year or so...

jaxword

I've been trying various combinations of student missing, vanishes, japan vacation, March/April 2012, etc. Nothing at all.

If it helps, he's a 21/22 year old black dude with blue eyes, so he probably stood out a lot in China or Japan.

Note that I got that info from his posts on neogaf.

Seriously, he SAID he was going to be traveling a lot this year and was going to be somewhere in South America by this time. For all we know he's busy trying to chat up Brazilian girls on the beach and hasn't had time to check in the latest lack of Final Fantasy Versus news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom