• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Detective GAF: Possible missing gaffer [Not missing :P]

Status
Not open for further replies.
GAF, I've decided I need to have a safe-word or code to relay to you, in case I'm ever in a jam and need you to track me down.

The code will be:
"Hotdog Joe lives in pigs, and smells like brine."

If I ever say that in another context, shit's going down.

I cannot stress this enough... Please do not let Mandrake get taken by the Yakuza.

Forever

Banned
Kind of hard to care if that is what he did and why he is in jail.

If it's true then really it probably would have been better for everyone if this hadn't become a thread.

shit if he seems that into it

yeaaaah he's in jail for it in japan.......

they can be very xenophobic in jpn too.... maybe he got a harsh sentence 1-2 years ? shit

then again who knows maybe he'll bump this thread by the end of the year and tell us of what really happened....
It's maximum six months. It's already been five months.

Izick

For all the bad shit that can happen, Gaf has helped out at least two members who were in fairly dire situations over the past two months or so. I would want Gaf to have my back if something went down, it's all I could ask for really.

lexi

Banned
For all the bad shit that can happen, Gaf has helped out at least two members who were in fairly dire situations over the past two months or so. I would want Gaf to have my back if something went down, it's all I could ask for really.

Agreed, I'm flying to Thailand next week and if I go missing I want you guys to go Liam Neeson on me.

Maybe he went to Okinawa and caught a beat down:

Okinawa gangster arrested on assault – injury charges

Date Posted: 2012-03-30
A reputed member of an Okinawa underworld gangster organization has been arrested and charged with assault resulting in injury.

Naha City Police arrested 26-year-old Tomofumi Karimata, believed to be a member of the Gokuryu-kai gangster organization on charges he assaulted a 24-year-old man in the stairwell of a building in Naha City’s Wakasa district. Karimata, who police say seemed to have been drinking at the time of the incident, beat the victim in the 11:50 a.m. incident, punching and kicking him in the face and belly of the man. The victim suffered abdominal injuries and lacerations to the side of his mouth.

Karimata has denied the charges, claiming he was not involved.

Izick

Just because he made some risque comments, doesn't devalue the idea that he could be locked up or worse somewhere in Japan. Would he still be able to contact his family or friends if he were incarcerated? Do they have a one phone call type of rule?

Just because he made some risque comments, doesn't devalue the idea that he could be locked up or worse somewhere in Japan. Would he still be able to contact his family or friends if he were incarcerated? Do they have a one phone call type of rule?

The Embassy would be involved

You'd think there'd be a news story about it or something. Or maybe not.

Emily Chu

Banned
m0Qk8.gif

jaxword

If he had time to post a comment on neogaf, he DEFINITELY had time to contact family.

Izick

I guess he would have...or at least I'd hope he would have. Is there no official call for the criminal? He could have called them, but maybe he was drunk and didn't give enough, or the right, info.

It just doesn't add up for me.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Could he have lost his passport or something and got screwed by the authorities?

I remember reading something where a guy going to Japan lost something or it was expired and he was arrested/held for a while and given a biased interpreter etc, and wasn't released until he paid them money or something. Can't find the story though.
http://www.economist.com/blogs/banyan/2012/01/japans-immigration-control

Found it. Incidentally I was the first poster in the thread here, lol.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
If he had time to post a comment on neogaf, he DEFINITELY had time to contact family.

Maybe he was on NeoGAF at the time and some bad shit went down right then and there? If he was in Japan it may be hard to a call to the other side of the planet.

Izick

If something happened, if something happened, then we could maybe assume whatever went down happened right as he posted that sine he only had two minutes after that post. He may have just been logged in and not closed the tab/browser, or maybe he was typing up WHAT was fucked up in the first place, but then something happened.

Izick

I'd rather it be safe then sorry. Someone got ahold of him fairly easy I'm guessing, he cleared the air, and no one has to worry now. Sounds like wins all around to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom