• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex HR: The Missing Link |OT| $15

Salsa

iVbKlomYTUxWl.png

The Deus Ex: Human Revolution conspiracy grows deeper in The Missing Link. During Adam's quest for the truth in Deus Ex: Human Revolution, he mysteriously vanishes for three days. Where was he? What did he find out? The Missing Link reveals it all.

After being tortured by Belltower agents and having his augmentations disabled, Adam Jensen must rely solely on his basic capabilities to escape from a freighter, destined for an unknown location. While fighting for his survival on the ship, he uncovers another layer to the conspiracy that he never would have suspected. As Adam, befriend new, mysterious allies and fight ruthless enemies to discover what was happening in the shadows during the events of Deus Ex: Human Revolution!

-New layers of conspiracy unveiled
-Sprawling new environments
-Brand-new characters to interact with
-Rebuild Adam's augmentation set from scratch. Build up a brand new Adam!

Price: $14.99/1200msp
Release date: Now on Steam/Oct 18th

Media:​

642346_20110908_640screen005.jpg
642346_20110908_640screen002.jpg

642346_20110908_640screen001.jpg
642346_20110908_640screen003.jpg

642346_20110908_640screen006.jpg
642346_20110908_640screen004.jpg

Quick and dity, i'll be getting it for cheaper once it appears on green man gaming.

qig

Banned
Has anyone been able to buy this from the US steam store yet? No add to cart button is appearing.

15 dollars this close to release? That immediately screams content held back or hugely overpriced to me.
I guess they probably have the- game was finished, we put a team on DLC months before the game was released defense to rely on.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I've got too many games to buy to spend $15 on a 4-hour DLC. Maybe next year, SE.

dreamfall

Deadly Cyclone said:
Would love to get it but $15 is a bit steep, especially with Batman tomorrow. Will wait for sale. Looks fun though.

This, entirely. Loved the game from beginning to end (on my 2nd playthrough) but Batman is coming... How long is it for $15?

_woLf

After paying $30 for so many hours of content for the original game from GMG, it's very hard to find myself paying $15 for what probably won't be that much gameplay. I want the DLC, but not at this price. Waiting for a sale.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The download is pretty fucking huge. 2.1GB :/.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Deadly Cyclone said:
Would love to get it but $15 is a bit steep, especially with Batman tomorrow. Will wait for sale. Looks fun though.
Same here. I would have downloaded it no problem if it was about half the price.

Salsa

Im confident that itll appear on GMG for like 10-12 bucks with a voucher

markot said:
I would pay $5 for DLC that removes his stupid devil beard thingy >_<

Also if it removed boss fights!

dont know if spoilery (havent played the game yet but this was reported) but
there's a new take on the bosses (or rather the 1 boss i believe) that gives you the opportunity to avoid him/play him differently/etc

KorrZ

Really having trouble justifying the $15 for this with Arkham City out tomorrow as well. I'm completely ready for more Deus Ex but just....god dammit SE, why are you fucking with the price? I'll wait for GAF impressions and then decide.

Shanadeus

Banned
_woLf said:
After paying $30 for so many hours of content for the original game from GMG, it's very hard to find myself paying $15 for what probably won't be that much gameplay. I want the DLC, but not at this price. Waiting for a sale.
This.
And this is why I won't buy DLC, dollar/content ratio is often way off.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Phoenixazure said:
Well we kno that the DLC is all new assets plus an update to the game engine. Looking forward to impressions
Huh, I didn't know there was an engine update. Maybe the motion blur from some of the screens will be in? Do we know if the engine updates will apply to the full game?

markot

Banned
SalsaShark said:
Im confident that itll appear on GMG for like 10-12 bucks with a voucher

dont know if spoilery (havent played the game yet but this was reported) but
there's a new take on the bosses (or rather the 1 boss i believe) that gives you the opportunity to avoid him/play him differently/etc
You mean for the original or for the dlc >.<?

I got up to the second boss fight, the chick, and kinda gave up on the game.... just so annoying/boring/completely stupid considering 99% of the game.....

And I agree about pricing, 9.99 for decent dlc imo, its just add on content that doesnt need the resources of the main game.

15 for good indie/short games ^_^

purg3

slept with Malkin
Really want to get this, but $15 is really pushing it for DLC. At $10 it probably would have been an insta buy for me. Probably will skip for now and wait for GAF impressions before pulling the trigger.

I really loved the main game and will keep my eye on impressions for this before I decide to buy or not. The DLC has a interesting concept with augmentations being stripped from Jensen.

Replicant

So, when will the GAME OF THE YEAR edition comes out? Maybe with new alternate costumes? Right Squeenix?

SpaceBridge said:
Update to game engine? 3rd person view? Maybe?

If only. I'd buy the game again just to play it in 3rd person view.

dream

And I mean, shit, you'd think they could cut me a break on DLC pricing after putting ads in my beautiful game.

Replicant said:
So, when will the GAME OF THE YEAR edition comes out? Maybe with new alternate costumes? Right Squeenix?

If only. I'd buy the game again just to play it in 3rd person view.

I'd finish it if it was 3rd person.

Caerith

Really depends how long it is. I put 60 hours into my first playthrough, so if the $15 DLC is like a 20 hour expansion then yeah I'll get it tomorrow. Otherwise, well, holiday sales are only two months off.

Excellent banner, Salsa!

neoism

well I played HE for like 67 hours.. that's what steam says anyway. I only payed 35 for it so making it an even 50 is ok with me... I fucking love this game. So when is this unlocking. :/

MechaX

I'm going to hold off just to see how long it is. If they were not kidding about that 4-6 hour figure, I'll probably pick it up.

markot said:
I would pay $5 for DLC that removes his stupid devil beard thingy >_<

Also if it removed boss fights!

what

Jensen's beard is awesome
augmented

I'll definitely get this eventually, but will wait on impressions to decide whether or not to get it right away. Otherwise I'll wait for the inevitable sale during the Steam holiday sale.

neoism

MechaX said:
I'm going to hold off just to see how long it is. If they were not kidding about that 4-6 hour figure, I'll probably pick it up.
It will be an easy 15 hours for me, not really sure why people run through their games. I bought this game thinking it would be 20 hours or so. My first play through was 50 hours, so 17 hours for my second, (just got to Singapore lol trying to match with the DLC) which is something I almost never do it games. I always just have one play-through, and I take my sweet sweet time. As soon as I beat this game I started to replay it. I will most definitely play the dlc twice too.
This game is my surprise hit for me this year. I bought it 4 days after release, after looking at some vids having no intention of buying it....so so happy I bought it.

My GOTY but there's no way I'm buying this dlc for full price when it removes augmentations and is so short.

Will wait on a sale.

Discotheque said:
My GOTY but there's no way I'm buying this dlc for full price when it removes augmentations and is so short.

Will wait on a sale.

It doesn't remove augmentations, it just lets you build up a new skill set from scratch. Apparently the DLC throws a bunch of Praxis kits your way very quickly.

Top Bottom