• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

Korigama said:
Nanomachines factored into MGS1 as well, though (and that was two years before DX1). Comparing MGS titles, 2 before 4 as well, but MGS2 was a year after DX1.

Ah, never knew that. I've never played an MGS game. Just know about the jokes re: MGS4's nanomachines.

What about nanomachines? That's not for another 25 years in the Deus Ex universe.

Megan injects you with some nanomachines if you got the new biochip and had your augs disabled.

NOKYARD

Commanche Raisin Toast said:
thanks, i'll go ahead and try to brute-force them a few more times. maybe change my angle of attack too. the railing gets in my way a little and also fudges the splash damage i receive.
I stealth'd my way to the control room and deactivated them. Then found the right combination of weapons/grenades lying around the hangar. Re-activated and destroyed them for the 500 credits. If you are going for spectacle you could turn one of them to your side and they will fight it out (this will set off alarms). The winner is so weak you could finish him off with pistol.

Guts Of Thor

Thorax of Odin
Anyone else have any problems with the game getting stuck at the loading screen when you choose to continue?

The game was working fine this morning but now every time I press continue it just gets stuck at the loading screen. I just played Gears 3 and it worked fine so it can't be my 360.
Could it be a problem with the disc?

NOKYARD said:
I stealth'd my way to the control room and deactivated them. Then found the right combination of weapons/grenades lying around the hangar. Re-activated and destroyed them for the 500 credits. If you are going for spectacle you could turn one of them to your side and they will fight it out (this will set off alarms). The winner is so weak you could finish him off with pistol.

hahahaha on second thought this sounds DELIGHTFUL

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
XBL account has been compromised and after a month of waiting for MS to get their shit together and fix it, I am tired of looking at this game linger on the shelf. So I dove in.

So far, it is easily the best game I have played in 2011. I did run into a savage glitch in Detroit involving a sidequest where a certain enemy didn't spawn correctly(lots of similar people affected apparently doing a google search), but after an hour of futzing, I managed to correct the issue and continue on. I am unable to patch the game so maybe this was corrected?

Been doing a pacifist/no alert run on Hard difficulty and having a blast. I just took down the first boss, whom was difficult but HARDLY as poorly devised as everyone makes out to be(maybe the later bosses are more difficult?). I only spent points in hacking and conversation, so I had to manage with zero combat-centric boosts, but with all of the explosive barrels and whatnot in the arena, I managed to eke a victory. Alpha Protocol gave me far more trouble on its boss encounters.

Regardless, I am about to leave Detroit and am so impressed. Can't wait to see what awaits in the next city!

I did not really like Deus Ex (felt too outdated playing it in 2007).
I did not like Deus Ex : Invisible War, because...uh, I thougt it was bad.

But this game...it's awesome, it's exactly what I thought Alpha Protocol ought to be. The infiltration is just so good, so much tension. And the takedowns...
a4c1af7e1e9c65938ad4558ac21dd4a63e427eb5.gif

Does this game have a new game + mode where you can keep your augmentations ? I would like to do several playthroughs with different styles.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
ZealousD said:
XB360 version.

Chapter 15.

Stairwell.

Freezes before I can go through the doors.

Installing to HDD did not seem to help.

Any ideas guys? A quick Google search reveals that I'm not the only one with this problem but I seem to be short on solutions.

In case anybody has the same problem, I fixed it by starting from an earlier save and then did not turn off the breaker box.

soultron

Banned
Very late game (ch 15) location spoilers ahead:
Panchaea plays like a bad horror game. Haha. The story has kind of run off the rails at this point, but I'm still enjoying the hell out of it. The most satisfying thing, at this point, is that it's not even over yet. I feel like I've put at least 30 hours into it. I can feel the end coming, but shit... I love when non-RPGs last more than 20 fully enjoyable hours.

just found out that eidos silently (back in mid september) released a "solution" for those that got the AE version on PS3 and want their soundtrack.

basically, unless you have the original receipt or the PHYSICAL ORIGINAL PACKING SLIP that came with it if you ordered online, then no deal. absolute horse shit. nobody keeps that kind of thing that long.

soultron

Banned
Finished it. The ending section made me sit and think a long time.

It's rare that a videogame can actually make me sit and ponder something like that.

Did anyone else see the blurb on the bottom of a TV news report later on in the game that says something along the lines of 'Sales of Orange soda triple, lemon lime sales down 67%'? I saw this when I did my playthrough a few weeks ago and got a good laugh out of it.

I'm almost done, and I'm absolutely LOVING this game. There are quibbles and flaws, but I feel that this is easily my favorite game this generation.

Aside from what I feel is a slightly miscast, whiny voice actor, I think David Sarif is one of my favorite game characters ever.
I LOVE how he's basically a good person who does some bad things. I mean, how often do you see a CEO of a major corporation that's a good guy in ANY fiction, especially in a steampunk vaguely dystopian game with heavy government/corporation conspiracy themes? I kept expecting him to outright betray Adam, because that's what CEOs just do, but he never really did- although he did do some stuff that was very immoral and privacy invasive, he feels guilty about it, and it's definitely not on the scale one would expect. Him telling Jensen to get the wounded out first, and genuinely wanting a better future for mankind despite getting shit on by everyone for things that mostly aren't his fault, is great. Sarif defying my expectations is one of my favorite things in a game filled with favorite things.

Also, I wish they sold Sarif Industries merchandise in the Eidos store. I would totally by the shit out of a Sarif baseball cap like the one in TF2.

malfcn

Thinking about trading this in after another play through. The game was fun, the music amazing and endings were great. But I don't feel a lot of replay. Either lethal or stealth.

soultron

Banned
malfcn said:
Thinking about trading this in after another play through. The game was fun, the music amazing and endings were great. But I don't feel a lot of replay. Either lethal or stealth.
The Missing Link DLC comes out this month.

malfcn said:
This game is buggy. Just knocked someone out, went to touch them and it switched from ZZzzz to Death.

Strange, whenever I shoot people with the tranq rifle it does the effect as well. You're better off going non-lethal from behind.

ChocolateCupcakes said:
Question: I just got to Hengsha, will I have to do all the missions in that area before I go back to Detroit or is it possible to visit again?

You return to Detroit eventually. After you're done with Detroit for the second time, you go back to Hengsha.

EDIT: Realized I may not have understood your question. I'm pretty sure if you miss the sidequests you can do in the first run through of Hengsha, you can't do them the second time you're there. There's a different set of sidequests at that point.

DTKT

Sleep Arrest said:
Is this game supposed to be THIS hard on the hardest difficulty?

Seems like the AI has stupid good accuracy.

Yep, the AI cheats all the time with guns. If you play on the hardest difficulty, you might have a easier time going stealth.

Some bosses are also just bullshit but that's an other issue.

I guess it doesn't help that this is my first playthrough, although I generally do this with games... I like playing on the hardest difficulty first.

Well, the hardest offered at first, that is.

GhaleonEB

Sleep Arrest said:
I guess it doesn't help that this is my first playthrough, although I generally do this with games... I like playing on the hardest difficulty first.

In this game, the hardest setting means almost instant death if you are fired upon, even at range.

I found it to be only marginally more difficult than my first play through, with a stealth emphasis. But the combat is significantly harder; it really pushes you more toward stealth.

DTKT

Sleep Arrest said:

Stick with the 10mm pistol and upgrade it. It's a beast later.

Phoenix4

Is the verdict on this game still as positive as a month ago? Bought it for £19 this week. Just finished Alpha Protocol today (loved it for what it was) and planning on starting this tomorrow.

soultron

Banned
Phoenix4 said:
Is the verdict on this game still as positive as a month ago? Bought it for £19 this week. Just finished Alpha Protocol today (loved it for what it was) and planning on starting this tomorrow.
Dude, it you liked Alpha Protocol, you'll probably love this too. I loved both.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I just finished my first playthrough - 50 hours. All stealth and tons of backtracking.

My next go-round? I shall punch everyone in the face.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Thagomizer said:
I'm almost done, and I'm absolutely LOVING this game. There are quibbles and flaws, but I feel that this is easily my favorite game this generation.

Aside from what I feel is a slightly miscast, whiny voice actor, I think David Sarif is one of my favorite game characters ever.
I LOVE how he's basically a good person who does some bad things. I mean, how often do you see a CEO of a major corporation that's a good guy in ANY fiction, especially in a steampunk vaguely dystopian game with heavy government/corporation conspiracy themes? I kept expecting him to outright betray Adam, because that's what CEOs just do, but he never really did- although he did do some stuff that was very immoral and privacy invasive, he feels guilty about it, and it's definitely not on the scale one would expect. Him telling Jensen to get the wounded out first, and genuinely wanting a better future for mankind despite getting shit on by everyone for things that mostly aren't his fault, is great. Sarif defying my expectations is one of my favorite things in a game filled with favorite things.
Interesting choice; I have very mixed feelings about him. He
behaves in a very slippery manner in that he acts like a very nice, amiable guy on the surface, but is utterly ruthless underneath, and will do anything to get what he wants. For example, he plays the whole "people's lives are at stake" card in the first mission, but during the briefing he makes it very clear that saving the hostages takes a back seat to finding the Typhoon. He seems to genuinely want to advance the cause of augmentations, but he's pretty ruthless with his methods. He butchers Jensen without his permission to get him heavily augmented, then sends him on these illegal excursions to get the information that he needs, and doesn't care how Jensen gets to his goal as long as he gets there. He will lie to everyone to make them do what he wants them to do and doesn't care how many people get killed or who suffers, as long as he gets the results he's looking for. I can give him the benefit of the doubt when it comes to his feelings about augmentation, but I can't agree with the way he does things.

My next go-round? I shall punch everyone in the face.
After I did that in the first mission, one of the Sarif guards asked if I knew a Vulcan Death Grip/Sleeper Hold or something. It was awesome.

Clevinger

Pakkidis said:
I plan on playing this for my first time in a few days. I plan on doing stealth playthrough, should I start on normal or hard?

To quote something a few posts up:

In this game, the hardest setting means almost instant death if you are fired upon, even at range.

Hellcrow

My favorite environment is most likely
The Dock. It just felt so open and friendly to my hacker/stealth augs. Some hacking here and there, and turrets and robots kill everything!

soultron

Banned
Pakkidis said:
I plan on playing this for my first time in a few days. I plan on doing stealth playthrough, should I start on normal or hard?
If you plan on never being seen, go Hard. But otherwise, even in Normal, a few shots can kill you.

Akuun said:
After I did that in the first mission, one of the Sarif guards asked if I knew a Vulcan Death Grip/Sleeper Hold or something. It was awesome.

Wow, that is so awesome. I bet the game is just full of little details like that depending on how you approach certain situations.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I had a young kid come in with his dad today to buy Human Revolution. Couldn't be older than 14. He was telling me he finished Deus Ex first before he went out to buy this one. Really made me smile.

Gvaz

Banned
malfcn said:
Why can't I hack without standing up.
How come guards see/detect through walls.
Wait what? I didn't get far enough in retail to notice but that bug still wasn't fixed since beta? I'd be standing near a wall not moving then suddenly the enemies would go AHA THERE HE IS and come chasing after me, what

red731

HOLY SHIT!!!

I have just completed the game with the save before entering the
decision room
to finish all the endings...
I saved
the dead one-people decide
for the last time and I have watched the credits to the end........

HOLY SHIT AGAIN - When it ended....and something something..

I was shaking and shivering so much!

What a fan service! WHAT A FAN SERVICE!
DAT NOSTALGIA

I wanted to input my code to download my DLC from the limited edition. Then I saw this :
WARNING : Register your code before starting a new game.
50335_124721064983_2252_n.jpg

I need a little help, I think my game glitched...
I'm in Hengsha for the second time, and I think I should've unlocked the second sidequest, "Corporate Warfare", however Mengya didn't contact me yet, and I already have finished the first main quest...what do I do ?

Replicant

Gvaz said:
Wait what? I didn't get far enough in retail to notice but that bug still wasn't fixed since beta? I'd be standing near a wall not moving then suddenly the enemies would go AHA THERE HE IS and come chasing after me, what
I don't think it's a bug. The guards will catch on to you if you're on their field of vision. It doesn't matter if you're in a room. If the room has a window, the guards WILL see you if you don't time your hack correctly or do it quickly.

However, there are times when you are inside a window-less room but the guards outside can become suspicious when they hear noises. Sometimes they check blindly while fibbing, saying things like "I know someone's there" even though they're not sure.

Just completed it. Stealth build. Great game, has a nice ambience to it. And a sah-weet dialouge system as well.

Encounters are well designed, except the terrible boss battles. Goodness gracious, are the bad.
The third one was the easiest though
Won in less than a minute by simply emptying a grenade launcher clip at ham

The major other fault would be the overfocused theme. Can't anyone in this game talk about somethin non-augmentation related?

Will play Alpha Protocol until the DLC comes.

red731

Kong Fisso said:
The third one was the easiest though
Won in less than a minute by simply emptying a grenade launcher clip at ham

I had him under like 20 seconds. I can't wait for Missing Link where the boss will be made in house.

malfcn

Troidal said:
Third playthrough and still fucking missed Foxiest...WTF

Time to put the game to rest for a year or something. Ugh...

I am going for Foxiest, Pacifist, Books on Hardest. I am hoping it all works out.

Top Bottom