• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| We Asked For This

Jeffrey

The whole 'restrictive zone' thing seems pretty wonky. I can walk in, get people to pull a gun on me, walk out, luring them, then smack them. repeat.

Buntabox

Been playing for around 4.5 hrs and I still haven't gone to see Miller. He calls me once in a while, but whatever. Look man, I'm busy stacking boxes in the sewer and pawning people's booze to the local gun runners.

Loving this first hub world so far. Taking everything I like about HR and piling on even more depth. I've spent so much time just checking hack-able terminals and looking for vents into places. Couldn't be happier doing that.

Early side quest spoilers involving Richard
Wow, this feels really Fallout. Essentially, finding a vault where the ruler has control over everyone. Pretty fantastic. Botched part of it, as I walked straight into his room after getting the signal disrupters up and running. He attacked and I was forced to incapacitate him. Dragged his body out to Vizinik for good measure. I'd like to do the diplomatic approach next time and convince the people they are controlled.

Random thought: ACRNM doing Jensen's coat feels really Kojima to me. Kind of antics he pulls. It doesn't really mean anything, or matter to the game, but just a random detail.

Yeah, that somewhat undermines value from being able to swap jackets and combat armor. Why even do pre-rendered scenes these days? Especially when they tend to create disconnect between in-game and in-cutscene IQ.

I think it's an engine limitation. Hitman (using same engine) also uses pre-rendered cutscenes.

Honestly, I wish that other SE devs would use Tomb Raider engine instead.

The cuts to take down animations are so annoying to the point I'm not even going to do them. I guess breaking perspective for the cover system works ok, but who the fuck finds it ok to do it for other things?

What's weird is that they have shown gameplay demos without the cut to black. So it must be a design decision instead of a tech decision but I can't fathom why.

See here for a gameplay demo from March of this year that didn't do the fade to black (jump to the 10:00)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkPaUA7WP0w

nOoblet16

Been playing for around 4.5 hrs and I still haven't gone to see Miller. He calls me once in a while, but whatever. Look man, I'm busy stacking boxes in the sewer and pawning people's booze to the local gun runners.

Loving this first hub world so far. Taking everything I like about HR and piling on even more depth. I've spent so much time just checking hack-able terminals and looking for vents into places. Couldn't be happier doing that.

Early side quest spoilers involving Richard
Wow, this feels really Fallout. Essentially, finding a vault where the ruler has control over everyone. Pretty fantastic. Botched part of it, as I walked straight into his room after getting the signal disrupters up and running. He attacked and I was forced to incapacitate him. Dragged his body out to Vizinik for good measure. I'd like to do the diplomatic approach next time and convince the people they are controlled.

Random thought: ACRNM doing Jensen's coat feels really Kojima to me. Kind of antics he pulls. It doesn't really mean anything, or matter to the game, but just a random detail.
They had something similar for HR, you could buy the coat online if you wanted to. I tried to buy it but decided against it...it was a good decision.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Gosh this game is so immersive. Even more so than HR because while it loses the distinct visual flair, the amount of detail is great. Breaking into a beautiful apartment that is trashed with ivy on the wall and hearing the alarm system lady warning you to jet it or she's gonna send the cops. Really good stuff.

Speaking of that apartment... I left it before the cops arrived, then came back a few minutes later with them just standing in front of the main door, not knowing what to do with an empty apartment I guess.

So I just knocked them both out, left them in the bedroom, hacked the computer in the living room, and now the security system thinks I'm it's owner and i just ordered "cleaning service" lol. I suppose they'll go grab the bodies?

So I just started the game. Maybe an hour in but the non combat feels so flat. It feels like there's missing sound effects for when objects are thrown or knocked around. The guns sound wimpy when you shoot enemies it feels like there's no impact. Also play stealthy that 1s lag to load the cinematic for stealth kills is really jarring and takes me out of it. A little disappointed

GmK

Neo Member
So I just knocked them both out, left them in the bedroom, hacked the computer in the living room, and now the security system thinks I'm it's owner and i just ordered "cleaning service" lol. I suppose they'll go grab the bodies?

You might wanna check back on the place a bit later, just saying ;)

Buntabox

They had something similar for HR, you could buy the coat online if you wanted to. I tried to buy it but decided against it...it was a good decision.

I think I vaguely remember that. Muster Brand? I can't imagine how expensive it was. Their Peace Walker line was pretty pricey for video game shirts. But maybe that's just me.

SliChillax

I have this annoying message in the middle of the screen saying to press Y to see the disabled augs and to press A to select one. It wont go away, pressing Y doesn't do anything. This was after getting checked up at Koller.

Horns

I have this annoying message in the middle of the screen saying to press Y to see the disabled augs and to press A to select one. It wont go away, pressing Y doesn't do anything. This was after getting checked up at Koller.

I think you're supposed to do that so you're not over 100%, but I could be wrong. Thought you did that through the menu.

nOoblet16

I think I vaguely remember that. Muster Brand? I can't imagine how expensive it was. Their Peace Walker line was pretty pricey for video game shirts. But maybe that's just me.

I think it was around £150, I found something much better and made of proper wool for that much. Plus it didn't make me look weird. The new coat however seems to be something that I can wear without looking like those guys who used to wear long trench coat after watching The Matrix.

So I just started the game. Maybe an hour in but the non combat feels so flat. It feels like there's missing sound effects for when objects are thrown or knocked around. The guns sound wimpy when you shoot enemies it feels like there's no impact. Also play stealthy that 1s lag to load the cinematic for stealth kills is really jarring and takes me out of it. A little disappointed

Did you play HR? Everything seems the same or improved from that

Lol, i'm playing through Dying Light at the same time as this and now I keep pressing Q to scan for objects like in DL and knocking random people out in the street. Damn muscle memory.

I keep pressing O on PS4 to skip dialog and keep doing the same thing, lolol.

Lister

Banned
I'm lost in Prague. Can't find my objective, can't find my apartment. Thinking about becoming a bum on the street.

Is there a way to non-lethally take out the cops in the big mech suit? I can throw an emp grenade at them but that just temporarily disabled them.

Tovarisc

Is there a way to non-lethally take out the cops in the big mech suit? I can throw an emp grenade at them but that just temporarily disabled them.

EMP to stun them first and then just run up for non-lethal takedown.

Edit: Gives you idea about how fucking hard Jensen can hit etc.

so what the hell? can't finish SM10 because everyone in the area near
crime scene
are in constant panic/search mode. Can't talk to the detective because of this. Everybody is pointing guns somewhere but nobody is shooting (I obviously didn't shoot). really weird, is it a bug or what?

Nete

Oh my, using an EMP bullet against something to be hacked (i.e. a security keypad) it seems to reset the amount of possible attempts. Nice for when you find a tricky circuit.

Even without this, a silenced pistol with EMP ammo is nuts for a Pacifist/Ghost run. I wish I had it on HR :p

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Game crashes at the same fucking place when taking a certain elevator. WTF do I do? I even loaded a previous save and got the ghost trophy for stealthing the objective instead of killing everyone but nope still crashes.

PetrCobra

Everytime I see a screenshot from Prague, with "czech" texts right out of Google Translator everywhere, I wonder if everything else in the game is just as amateurish and awkward. I'm afraid I'll never know because this is a deal breaker to me, can't play a game while looking at something like that in one whole area.

I've been playing this game for eight hrs, and I've only completed two story missions. I'm digging the whole class conflict thing that's going on. I've been social science person for a while now. It's cool to see a game attempt to tackle issues like this. Sometimes it's hit and sometimes it's a miss. Regardless, I'm happy that a dev is making an atmosphere like this.

Anyways, has anyone noticed their character speed degrading over time? I'll boot the game up, and Jensen will be fine. But about an hour after gameplay it feels like his regular walking speed had decreased significantly. Is that a bug, or am I not noticing some kind of weight manamgent system?

Clegg

Does anyone know how to gain access to the corporate vaults in the bank? I haven't got the Versalife pass and I know i won't be able to get it either.

nOoblet16

so what the hell? can't finish SM10 because everyone in the area near
crime scene
are in constant panic/search mode. Can't talk to the detective because of this. Everybody is pointing guns somewhere but nobody is shooting (I obviously didn't shoot). really weird, is it a bug or what?

Leave the area and come back after a while, sometimes it takes a while for panic to go away. Or you can try to eliminate the reason why they are panicking (unless it's you in which case leave the area anyways)

Does anyone know how to gain access to the corporate vaults in the bank? I haven't got the Versalife pass and I know i won't be able to get it either.

Yes..

So here's the thing the corporate vaults are shipping container size vaults and there are four of them in the game,
Versalife is the only one related to main story and you can miss that if you choose the church mission instead. The "corporate vault" section in the bank is just a secure area where you use a card and the container gets bought up to you by machinery for you to access. However, Versalife's container is the only one you can access this way from this room. In order to access the other you need to go somewhere else and basically explore. I can tell you where to go and where to find their card but that won't be much of an exploration.

Clegg

Leave the area and come back after a while, sometimes it takes a while for panic to go away. Or you can try to eliminate the reason why they are panicking (unless it's you in which case leave the area anyways)

Yes..

So here's the thing the corporate vaults are shipping container size vaults and there are four of them in the game,
Versalife is the only one related to main story and you can miss that if you choose the church mission instead. The "corporate vault" section in the bank is just a secure area where you use a card and the container gets bought up to you by machinery for you to access. However, Versalife's container is the only one you can access this way from this room. In order to access the other you need to go somewhere else and basically explore. I can tell you where to go and where to find their card but that won't be much of an exploration.
Could you tell me? I've done a fair bit of exploring already and I still can't find a way in.

Venom Fox

Banned
So what's the consensus on the game? Is it worth buying it now at full price? Is it as good as HR? It's hard to find user impressions amid the helpful tips posts.

Tacitus_

So what's the consensus on the game? Is it worth buying it now at full price? Is it as good as HR? It's hard to find user impressions amid the helpful tips posts.

If you liked HR, it's worth buying. There are however some slight issues so you might want to wait a couple of days.

usp84

It's everything HR was and even better. The complaint I hear is the ending of the story which is really sudden but after already playing 10 hours I love the game, the hub, the sidemissions and everything else HR offered.

nOoblet16

Could you tell me? I've done a fair bit of exploring already and I still can't find a way in.

Ok, so the real place where the vault containers are stored is underneath the parking in front of the bank, you can go in and there's a moving fan that you have to stop to go past and once you are in you should be able to access a large room that is several stories tall. All the corporate vault containers are stored here. But the Versalife container is underneath the floor at the bottom most part of this room and as I mentioned is the only one that can be accessed through the actual corporate vault in the bank for which you have to play it in the main story. The others can be accessed by going up to them and hacking a panel and then deploying them. Each one of them require a key card and here are the locations for them:

-Travos card is in the basement of the Sobchak security building in the map, you give the guy something and he lets you go in where you find the key card.
-Tai Yong Medical card is on the dead scientist dude who Jensen chases in Sarif's quest. It's the easiest to get.
-Picus card is in one of the apartments in Libuse apartment complex.

Additionally if you also want to access the executive safe in the bank:
-Executive Safe B card is in the bank manager's office in a safe revealed by pressing a button under the desk.
-Executive Safe A card is in the Executive Services office in a safe that can be accessed in the same way.

Moff

I'm about to head off to
switzerland,
which is likely the last mission of the game

but one sidequest is still open,
SM03: The mystery augs
is listed as "in progress", nothing happened there anymore after
I found the dead body of the russian scientist,
is that finished?

and I feel other sidequests are not really over either,
what about the russians? is the extraction of the pimp son the last quest there? there was never anything in that theater in the russian quarter.
or the copycat killer, I never found him.
did I screw those up or is there still something coming? I also read about
a boss in a sidequest,
never found anything like that

drotahorror

Could someone tell me what to do here? I've been here 30+ minutes. I emptied the tanks, all I see to do. I don't have a mission or quest here. It's in the sewers, first hub area. Was lots of scientists and whatnot. Above me is a turret.

Z3lO1Ss.jpg

Venom Fox

Banned
If you liked HR, it's worth buying. There are however some slight issues so you might want to wait a couple of days.

It's everything HR was and even better. The complaint I hear is the ending of the story which is really sudden but after already playing 10 hours I love the game, the hub, the sidemissions and everything else HR offered.
Thanks guys. I loved HR and enjoyed every second I spent in its world. I think I'll just pick it up. I was holding out because I've been playing through FO4 again but I could do with a new story to get my teeth into.

How big are the hubs? Are they bigger than HR's?

I've been loving this game. Really great world to get lost in.

I have a question. Last night while playing I ran into this bug at least 3 times where the Prague police just start opening fire on me (they must've seen me do something like hack or punch another guard) and the cool down period for the alert never cools down. I can make a break for it and run for cover and I can see the last position they spotted me, but the alert never expires and they continually throw flash bangs in the direction of my ghost every 30 sec.

The frustrating thing is that the alert isn't apparent for while, until I walk into some COPS or a drone.

I've had to restart from earlier saves numerous times.

Question is: is there a way to get the alert phase to go away? Or will they always be firing at me if I proceed?

nOoblet16

I'm about to head off to
switzerland,
which is likely the last mission of the game

but one sidequest is still open,
SM03: The mystery augs
is listed as "in progress", nothing happened there anymore after
I found the dead body of the russian scientist,
is that finished?

and I feel other sidequests are not really over either,
what about the russians? is the extraction of the pimp son the last quest there? there was never anything in that theater in the russian quarter.
or the copycat killer, I never found him.
did I screw those up or is there still something coming? I also read about
a boss in a sidequest,
never found anything like that

It's not the last mission. There's a fair amount still left.

Vuze

It's quite enjoyable so far (14h) but as almost any AAA game released to date there are still several glaring technical issues to be solved shortly after launch.

I don't pay >40$ for videogames (excluding the two or three franchises I totally love) and I wouldn't for Mankind Divided either especially considering the pricey season pass, microtransactions and story complaints in addition to the technical aspects mentioned before. However, the 30€ I paid feel adequate so far.

Moff

It's not the last mission

oh really? so you return to the hub and the other sidequests will continue? that's good to know, because before you start that mission it says sidequests will fail, I didn't get that message before I did
golem city
, so I thought that was the last mission
maybe I am missing another one?

nOoblet16

Could someone tell me what to do here? I've been here 30+ minutes. I emptied the tanks, all I see to do. I don't have a mission or quest here. It's in the sewers, first hub area. Was lots of scientists and whatnot. Above me is a turret.

That is the end part of SM00, you end it by using a bio cell in one of the control panel and empty the tanks. But if you never got the side quest then you still have that area with enemies going about their normal business.

I was the same as you, never found out about SM00, but then stumbled upon that area much much later near the end of the game..lol

This is quite an enjoyable game. It's really up to you, but like a lot of large open world RPG games (this one is quite large but not "open world" per say) there are some bugs that need to be ironed out. It may be a little frustrating, but it's really not bad.

Top Bottom