• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition |OT| Two girls, one motivated Vergil

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Playing this game (and series) for the first time. Is Devil Hunter balanced to be a good challenge for newcomers?

Welcome! If you have any past experience with action games in general, you may want to jump to Son of Sparda, but Devil Hunter is probably fine.

Dahbomb

capcomfy1722bujv.png

Just photoshop DMC5 in there where it says "MAJOR TITLE".

Sesha

The time has come and so have I.

Edit: I'm gonna do a Son of Sparda and say it's probably Monster Hunter. Itsuno is announcing a new title, that's all I need. DMC5 could launch in 2020 and I wouldn't mind too much.

Golnei

I'm hesitant to believe so quickly - I can't get my expectations up for another E3-then-TGS reveal that will never come to pass. We are perpetually trapped in a never-ending spiral of crushed expectations.

I'm hesitant to believe so quickly - I can't get my expectations up for another E3-then-TGS reveal that will never come to pass. We are perpetually trapped in a never-ending spiral of crushed expectations.
You've been playing too much
Nier
, man. That last line sounded a lot like
2B
lol

Sesha

Just forget about TGS. I don't believe it would ever happen. It's E3 and then maybe PSX, or nothing.

I posted a mini-analysis on the other thread based on well know facts on why this is an internally developed DMC5:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=235014121&postcount=241

All other title speculation is just wishful thinking and biased personal opinions imho.

giphy.gif

You said it better than I could.

MBS

Banned
Just forget about TGS. I don't believe it would ever happen. It's E3 and then maybe PSX, or nothing

They are still pushing RE7 units and DLC that's why they won't confirm or deny anything at this point. It's common sense. According to their new internal planning, I suppose that there it's going to be a big E3 reveal with a Q1 2018 release date. Expect a lot of pre-order bonuses for digital copies and all the usual bells and whistles.

I posted a mini-analysis on the other thread based on well know facts on why this is an internally developed DMC5:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=235014121&postcount=241

All other title speculation is just wishful thinking and biased personal opinions imho.

Nice.

This is also essentially a confirmation that DMC5 will have long-tail DLC updates and expansions, which is an idea I like a lot.

Definitely hoping for a classic weapons/enemies/bosses pack. I'd totally pay $5 to unlock the ability to fight Phantom with Cerberus.

Just drown me in DMC content.

I want to eat so much that I become obese and have a coronary disease.

Be careful what you wish for Dah. While these are very very different cases, I bet Dragon Age fans thought the same before getting DA:I, which was filled with "contents".

There are ways to ruin a game by having too much "content".

Be careful what you wish for Dah. While these are very very different cases, I bet Dragon Age fans thought the same before getting DA:I, which was filled with "contents".

If DA:I had combat even remotely on par with DMC I'd still be playing it.

If DA:I had combat even remotely on par with DMC I'd still be playing it.
Sure. But those contents wouldn't really add anything to it. In fact looking at ME:A (which has an amazing combat system), those kind of contents just make the game more frustrating/annoying to play, because of how much you have to move between different locations/planets to get these fetch quests done.

Dahbomb

DAI doesn't actually have content. It just has a lot of large space.

Kaztinka

Nice.

This is also essentially a confirmation that DMC5 will have long-tail DLC updates and expansions, which is an idea I like a lot.

Definitely hoping for a classic weapons/enemies/bosses pack. I'd totally pay $5 to unlock the ability to fight Phantom with Cerberus.

$5? How cute
I bet they're gonna shove a $40 season pass down our throats

And I'm gonna buy all of it just like I did with Persona 5
Because I'm an idiot

Season passes are really stupid, especially when you don't know the exact content of the pass. That being said, no doubt I'll be buying whatever they sell for DMC5 so #PartoftheProblem

DAI doesn't actually have content. It just has a lot of large space.
I agree. Though, I'm sure Bioware doesn't. That's why we still got the same kind of "contents" in MEA.

Anyway, hopefully whatever Capcom puts in DMC5 will be meaningful and not just to check some box about having a "content packed game".

Sesha

Call me foolish but since it's DMC5 and I've been waiting so long, I never pre-order, and I don't buy DLC unless I think it's absolutely worth it like Souls DLC, I'm gonna splurge on every potential piece of DMC5 DLC except cosmetic shit. Unless, the content offered is complete bullshit and the pricing is really wack. Something like $5-10 for a boss rush mode. And I won't buy a season pass before I know exactly what's being offered.

TreIII

Season passes are really stupid, especially when you don't know the exact content of the pass. That being said, no doubt I'll be buying whatever they sell for DMC5 so #PartoftheProblem

I've gotten worn down to the point where I'm okay with buying in with the season pass, as long as the company gives a decent outline of what to expect, and then even gives pleasant surprises for the content.

Koei Tecmo usually does a decent job of this. I was/am pretty pleased with both Zelda Musou and Nioh. And there's quite a bit value to be had, too, on top.

Things have yet to be seen on how Capcom will handle a "proper" DMC, but I'm hoping they'll give quite a bit of value to whatever they offer. And ON TIME, hopefully.

I've gotten worn down to the point where I'm okay with buying in with the season pass, as long as the company gives a decent outline of what to expect, and then even gives pleasant surprises for the content.

Koei Tecmo usually does a decent job of this. I was/am pretty pleased with both Zelda Musou and Nioh. And there's quite a bit value to be had, too, on top.

Things have yet to be seen on how Capcom will handle a "proper" DMC, but I'm hoping they'll give quite a bit of value to whatever they offer. And ON TIME, hopefully.

Yeah, as long as the season pass is reasonably priced and has a good amount of new contents in it (not the kind that feel like they've been ripped from the base game to become DLC), I can see myself buying them.

Also, if a company is selling a season pass then I expect it to include everything. I'm not paying $25-$35 to just get some of the DLCs. If you are selling a pass then make sure that it comes with all DLCs.

Kaztinka

Guys, we're talking about Capcom here
CAPCOM!
oh god! I figured out how they're gonna get away with selling bloody palace to us
they're not gonna rip the whole thing away, oh no, they're smarter than that
instead, the base game is gonna come with like 50 stages with the worst possible bosses and enemies, and you can only play it as Dante(or whoever's gonna be the "main" character)
wanna use other characters? wanna get "extra" cool stages where you fight sick bosses like Credo and Vergil? for only $20 you can get the 50 extra bloody palace stages pack!
I can imagine a whole DLC system built around bloody palace stages...
The Vergil 50 bloody palace stages
The Trish 100 bloody palace stages
The Sparda 150 bloody palace stages

and then loot boxes get thrown in the mix somehow...

Sesha

We really don't know what to expect since it's been so many years, and not even Dragon's Dogma or DmC had season passes or any sort of long-term DLC schedule. I expect at least something like Vergil's Downfall, which would be an interesting first for classic DMC.

I think Capcom selling stages and contents for extra modes (such as Bloody Palace, Mission Mode, etc) is a given. That's like the least of stuff that I expect them to do.

And honestly, as long as the game has enough main and extra contents in it, I don't have much problem buying extra stuff when they release them (which obviously should be months after the initial release, and not the first day/week/month).

Sesha

Selling Bloody Palace anything as DLC unless we're talking about tens of floors with enemies/bosses not found in the main campaign (and even then) is a bad idea. It will just piss of core fans, and casuals won't care because it's Bloody Palace.

If we're talking about packs that unlocks new/legacy bosses across whatever Mission Mode/Tag Climax-like mode in addition to new Bloody Palaces entirely, then that would be different. I will pay for a DLC pack that adds DMC3 bosses to Mission Whatever Mode alongside a remixed Bloody Palace with those bosses in it. I will not pay for simply remixed Bloody Palace with enemies from the base game or something like DmC Vergil's Bloody Palace that should be free. Just to elucidate on that last bit, I think Vergil's Bloody Palace as part of the Vergil Chronicles DLC or whatever is okay. As separate paid DLC, not okay.

They can only put so much stuff into the base game. It's inevitable that they would want to sell more BP floors and stuff like that with remixed enemies (old and new ones), after the initial launch.

I don't expect them to add something like DmC's Vergil BP for free, but I fully expect them to sell similar things as DLCs/part of season pass. And again, as long as the base game has enough contents, I don't think that would be a big problem.

Sesha

Sell weapons, levels, enemies, bosses, and costumes (besides Super costumes and at least one costume per character), i.e. nearly anything that has new assets (models, animations, VFX, hitboxes and so on, and not just code, UI/HUD elements and backgrounds). Everything else, meaning content that recycles assets, should be free. That's my view on it.

I would love that, but I would be shocked if Capcom did that. Like, besides the "Not a Hero" DLC which hasn't even come out yet, when was the last time that Capcom released a meaningful DLC for free?

Outside of SF characters (which are kinda free), the last time that I remember them doing something like that was the BP for DmC. And that game was desperate for some good publicity.

Sesha

I would love that, but I would be shocked if Capcom did that. Like, besides the "Not a Hero" DLC which hasn't even come out yet, when was the last time that Capcom released a meaningful DLC for free?

Outside of SF characters (which are kinda free), the last time that I remember them doing something like that was the BP for DmC. And that game was desperate for some good publicity.

RE7 were a lot of firsts for Capcom (first AAA first-person game, first HD AAA survivor horror, and so on) so they're experimenting a lot with it. I know that's not a convincing argument on its own, so I'll add that they're experimenting a lot with business models lately. SF5's long term DLC (that's not just costumes), free DLC campaign, heck season passes in general is pretty new for them.

Sesha

Shawn McPherson just asked on FaceBook for transparent .png graphics of DMC3/4. I thought I'd help him out. Anyone have any large, high quality pictures lying around?

Dahbomb

Shawn McPherson about to return to do a score for DMC5?

PogChamp.png

Itsuno about to bring back the entire crew. Yoji Shimumura, Reuben Langdon, Dan Southworth... going to be the actual sequel to DMC3!

And what kind of art does he want? Official or fan made?

Dahbomb

It's like all the stars are lining up.

All we need now is for Shinobi to drop the bomb. But at this point it feels so close that I just want to be delivered on E3 instead.

Top Bottom