• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil's Third - NoA Drops Plans For US Release (Unseen 64)

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I get the feeling this is going to be a digital-only release in the States. And the Unseen64 guy is now eating crow.

Neoxon

iAz5clI.png
R.I.P. Unseen64's Reliability

why rip unseen64's reliability, what about that tweet contradicted their reporting?

Perhaps the assumption is that when Nintendo states they are happy to bring the game to the Wii U it implies that are publishing it. After seeing it as a no show this E3 AND it not being on the release calendar NoA put out, perhaps it's best to wait for the extra information Nintendo is promising before stating NoA is still publishing as if it were a fact.

Lumyst

why rip unseen64's reliability, what about that tweet contradicted their reporting?

It could be the video's title being "NoA drops plans for US release" being misleading. It seems they are working with another publisher and hence that other publisher is a part of NoA's plan to see to it that the game releases to North American customers, rather than NoA dropping release plans altogether. A better title could have been "NoA will not publish Devil's Third for North America" rather than a title that insinuates they have no plan at all for the game to release in some way.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I wonder where they got that information if it wasn't true? Unseen64 does have a decent track record on reporting, so i have a hard time believing they just made up a rumor this time.

Kotaku got a lot of shit for their reporting on Versus getting canceled because of Wada's denial of that, until we found out it was actually canceled and re-purposed like their original claim.

disap.ed

Wasn't the game essentially restarted after THQ dropped it from their line-up? I mean, Valhalla had to switch to Unreal engine 3 and drop at least two platforms (not including the PC and tablet ports by the defunct Doobic). The main character looks completely different than the debut trailer. It would seem that this iteration of the game was made mostly under Nintendo's watch.

Why does it look worse now than back then :(

@MUWANdo

Banned
Why does it look worse now than back then :(

Change of engine, inexperience with the new hardware, short post-acquisition dev time. Be sure to check out the recent footage from a month or so ago; it still isn't very pretty but it looks much improved from the E3 build.

On an aesthetic level, Nintendo told Itagaki to stop holding back, and Ivan is what he unleashed.

The lack of being able to access the shop in between levels can screw you over in some situations (particularly at the end of the game), but other than that yeah it's almost perfectly designed.

you can always access the shop. it's mostly open world. You just have to get there which takes a minute or two.

RE_Player

People jumped in me when I said the game looks like shit. Despite the Wii U's lack of games I'm glad NoA is dropping it. No need to be associated with trash.

I feel bad for Unseen64. They never posted the news. It was a contributor associated with them that did.

Even though they are a small, relatively unknown entity, they are still a brand that needs guidelines so they can prevent this from happening in the future. Their contributors should not have Unseen64 branding plastered all over their social media account and personal videos.

And if one of your contributors is a full-on jerk face with questionable ethics (as seen on his Twitter account and his ban on NeoGAF), then it's best to distance yourself completely.

Top Bottom