• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil's Third on IGN now Wii U Exclusive

Gilby

So. I guess a WiiU is a pretty good buy in 2015?

ZombiU, Bayonetta 1 and 2, Devil's Third, Mario 3D World, Nintendoland (hey, if sounds like a smartly designed score competition game), Xenoblade X, Wonderful 101, whatever the new Zelda is... That's a backlog/lineup strong enough for me, finally.

Pushmo World, MK8, DKTF are worth putting on that list too.

Hindl

Trailer looked good, that demo looks really rough. This thing needs some extra time in the oven. I also think this would work better with Suda 51's artstyle, realistic isn't working with those graphics

Is this a really early game? All the textures are all low rez, and it doesn't seem to be an lock on system. Why is this so gun combat heavy?

ymmv

Banned
So. I guess a WiiU is a pretty good buy in 2015?

ZombiU, Bayonetta 1 and 2, Devil's Third, Mario 3D World, Nintendoland (hey, if sounds like a smartly designed score competition game), Xenoblade X, Wonderful 101, whatever the new Zelda is... That's a backlog/lineup strong enough for me, finally.

Yep. There may not be many must have third party games, but Nintendo first party game output is excellent. PC + Wii U or PS4 + Wii U, and you'll be set for the next couple of years.

Real talk... if this game didn't have the Itagaki name attached to it and wasn't a Wii U exclusive... would anyone really give a fuck about it?

tumblr_inline_mjznyqyNhD1r7k25l.gif

bayonetta 2, october 2014, mark your calender

Shinta

Banned
Some people on here insist that Ninja Gaiden 2 isn't even playable. Absurd.

I don't care if it's rough. This game is day one for me without question.

NotLiquid

Having looked at the actual game play now I must concede, it does look incredibly rough, at least from a visual perspective.

I hope the game play can at least carry it. It looks decent enough on that front.

chifanpoe

It looked pretty generic. Hopefully they will clean up the game play and add some tight combat and it might not be bad? I will keep my eye on it.

I really don't know what yall are talking about. The trailer looks pretty good. And it's not like this is coming out tomorrow... They'll have time to polish it up. If you want to talk bad graphics then go watch the Xenoblade Chronicals X trailer.

This game looks so bad that it would probably be better off not existing. It's sad knowing that this is what Itagaki has been working on all these years.

BuggyMike

I'm excited for this. I'm pretty confident that the gameplay and trailer will look rough for now and then by the next trailer it'll look much better graphically and game-play wise. It's aleady got me hyped to play it. Bayo 2's new trailer looks so much better than last years. Hell it blows the one from feb out of the water. I'm a happy gamer this e3, Nintendo really delivered for me.

Xellos

The trailer looked neat, but the demo on IGN's stream looked terrible. Here's hoping that they really fix this up in time for release.

These are my thoughts as well. I like the characters, and how silly and over the top everything seems (chickens and fruit in MP), but the single player demo looks super rough. Hopefully Itagaki and company can polish up the game before release.

scitek

I honestly think the single-player trailer makes it look fun. The gameplay shown on IGN's stream was awful, but the person playing looked like they had no idea what they were doing. Actually, they looked like they were trying to make it look cinematic and ended up getting confused at some of the things going on in the game instead of just playing it. I know how that looks because I do it all the time while making videos. Not excusing the terrible clipping or animation issues, though. And the ADS is awkward.

ymmv

Banned
I really don't know what yall are talking about. The trailer looks pretty good. And it's not like this is coming out tomorrow... They'll have time to polish it up. If you want to talk bad graphics then go watch the Xenoblade Chronicals X trailer.

When is the release date? 2014? Next year?

GeeDuhb

Holy shit, the GAF saltiness never ceases to amaze...so damn critical...and PS2 looking game? GTFO.

It doesn't look amazing, but it doesn't look NEARLY as bad as so many people are making it sound...

ZoddGutts

Holy shit, the GAF saltiness never ceases to amaze...so damn critical...and PS2 looking game? GTFO.

It doesn't look amazing, but it doesn't look NEARLY as bad as so many people are making it sound...

Again, watch the gameplay demo not just the trailer.

Graphics are bad... like early PS360 bad.
Animations are awful as well...

Bayonetta deserves all praises because it's looking sick, but this? No... this is just a bad pickup. Like really bad.

DSmalls84

This game looks awful. I know Nintendo could use more third party support, but they can't be this desperate. Even the gameplay which Itagaki was typically renowned for looks terrible with some kind of third person action/FPS Frankenstein system in place.

Longtime ninja gaiden fan. In my eyes Itagaki could do no wrong.

Seen the Wii u in the title and nearly had a meltdown.

Watched the demo and now I'm just disappointed. Was hoping for some spiritual successor to NG.

Not that one Itagaki masterpiece could make me invent in that sinking ship of a console either. But god damn that demo was awful.

Shinta

Banned
This game looks awful. I know Nintendo could use more third party support, but they can't be this desperate. Even the gameplay which Itagaki was typically renowned for looks terrible with some kind of third person action/FPS Frankenstein system in place.

I picture comments like this watching God Hand trailers.

So much salt. Maybe the game is fun, even though it's not flawless?

It's a serious action game. I'm interested in serious action games.

On the positive side, I think this game has potential... for being the next Ride to Hell: Retribution. I laughed out loud quite a few times watching that trailer at just how terrible it looks.

You obviously haven't played Itagakis ninja gaiden games. Ninja gaiden black is the GOAT action game. Even Ng2 was fantastic.

To go from those games to what was shown in the demo is a massive disappointment.

Kid Ying

Wow, i guess the rumours about it going for the other consoles were false. Either way, im happy with it. It does look rough, but its Itagaki and as long nintendo lets him do whatever he wants,this is going to be awesome.

Kater

Banned
After watching the Trailer (on Nintendo's very own YouTube channel, but then again, they do put all trailers of Wii U/3DS games in there) I am convinced that Bayonetta is as far as Nintendo should try to reach out to the 'young adult male' crowd. Seems just... a little too try-hard perhaps. I don't know.
And it looks really rough as well, not at all like PS2 levels of rough like some GAFfers in here are saying.

(Just my two cents)

Interesting news nonetheless. ;)

ZoddGutts

That ign video was uncomfortable, it's like everyone there knows the game looks bad and is going to bomb but are going through with the reveal anyway. filling gaps in wiius library really?

haha Noticed that as well, shit was awkward because they all knew. Yikes.

Top Bottom