• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil's Third on IGN now Wii U Exclusive

SexyFish

Banned
Lots of people seem to be able to enjoy fully janky ass old style games. That's the point.

Infinitely more janky and old than Devil's Third.

There is a difference between a stylized top-down action game and a game that looks significantly lacking to what we were expecting from past trailers.

47705d1329949910-fragile-screen-wha-happen-copy.jpg

danmaku

Ok, Itagaki is well known for showing games far too early, but holy shit. Graphics are the last of its problems, it's the gameplay that looks beyond terrible. Even Ninja Blade (melee) combat seems better than this, and the shooting is as generic as it can possibly be.

*Sigh*

Why not a spiritual sequel to Ninja Gaiden? He could've easily smashed NG3, instead we get this turd.

And you have no idea how Devil's Third feels yet.

There are things in this world that you just know.

The sky is blue.
Water is wet.
Cats protect little kids from rabid dogs.
That Devil's Third footage is jank, feels like jank, looks like jank, and sounds like jank.

And this isn't me saying the game can't turn out to be the most amazing action game of all time, this is me saying that footage was awful.

When is this out? Because, yeah that demo looks rough. Bunch of ragdoll glitches and 3 minutes in the door scripting gets messed up. A minute later it looks like he's trying to throw his tomahawks again but the lock-on doesn't appear.

Like, geez. I assume this is a live build.

HyperHip

Pretty cool that Ninty picked this up, I trust itagaki for the most part. That and it's good to see some B-tier games on the market, Wii U no less!

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
That was a big surprise. What the hell... Itagaki are you ok?

ZoddGutts

Shinta seems like one of those posters that gets mad when people talk bad about Japan's glorious games, because we westerners well never understand their true masterpieces or some shit like that. Look, Japan still makes many great games, nothing wrong in admitting that a game looks bad, who knows maybe I'll turn out well when it's released.

Fredrik

I actually liked this, the gameplay looked tight and fast just like Itagakis former games and there seems to be tons of content. It was annoying though that he didn't answer the performance question IGN asked, if it was 60fps.

Fbh

Ugh, I was so hyped to finally hear more about this game.

But this looks terrible. Gameplay, level design, enemy AI, character design, it all looks bad. And it's that I'm a graphics whore but damn this looks like a last gen launch title

Game certainly seems like it needs quite a bit of work. Hopefully they do plan to clean it up and bring it up to the Wii U's standards. It looks worse than Ninja Gaiden Wii U (and that looked atrocious at some points).

It just seems people ask Nintendo to have "hardcore" games and then when it gets one they shit all over it. I agree the graphics look really subpar, even under what we know Wii U is capable of graphically.

"Hardcore" games aren't necessarilly good... This one in particular looks terrible right now.

It's not getting shit because it was picked up by Nintendo, it is getting shit because it looks awful.

Anyone on here like Hotline Miami, or Spelunky but is shitting on Devil's Third? If so, it's just ironic as hell. I could list a million more examples, but I'll just drop it.

This dosen't even make any sense.

dyergram

If this had looked good this thread would be full of people saying it won't sell enough copy's to have a healthy online community.

Haunted

It looks a million times better and more interesting than the initial reveal, imo.

Looks like Itagaki has let himself be inspired by Suda a bit as far as style and mannerisms of the protagonist are concerned. Maybe he was tired of having the calm and composed Ryu as his character action game protagonist all the time. :D

All that said, this'll most likely bomb anyway. >_>

Zomba13

I'd only heard about Devil's Third being talked about by people about it being delayed or not being seen etc, never about the game itself. Game doesn't look too hot =/

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
WOW

This game looks nothing like the original trailers

And worse than that it looks like straight up booty butt cheeks. What happened to the two characters from the trailer? The mobility?

Top Bottom