• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil's Third on IGN now Wii U Exclusive

finalexit

CWO.png

That didn't work out too well for Diablo 3.

cHinzo

This didn't look good at all. Graphically really underwhelming and the switch from third person to first person while aiming down sight is hurting my head. ;|

Ok.... this hurts.

I have been waiting and watching with this game, and I really wonder how its going to turn out.

never thought I would be considering a Wii U..

as far as gameplay.. it looks pretty generic. but the multiplayer is what I want

I want this game to be a combination of Dead or Alive and Ninja Gaiden in Multiplayer, but it may not turn out to be that.

Raptor

Random as all hell, when I saw the reveal 10 years ago it had delicious gore and shit, never thought it would come out on a Nintendo system, but hey at least it will come out!!

watership

DerZuhälter;115747847 said:
Judging from the multiplayer trailer since I missed the singleplayer one:

Dafuq?

Looks horrible, artistically it's all over the place, looking like a technically poor military "brown" shooter one second, and then cartoony the next. Technically it's all around horrible. If someone would tell me this is an early Gen7 game, I'd believe it.

I'm watching it now. This is mulitplayer only? So is there a different single player campaign? Because if this is the game, graphically it's .... terrible. It's super terrible. It looks an early 360 game.

zma1013

Yeah graphics are lacking and that animation is... missing things. Looks fun though. That multiplayer trailer, I don't even know what was happening but it looked fun. This is lik Uncharted, if Drake was some maniacal murderer... oh wait, he is though. So it's like Uncharted with Tattoos.

LMAO... some people can't stand to watch a few cuts of gameplay footage from an unfinished game, haven't played the game and just want to shit all over it? But they'll watch 10 second teaser of some in-game CGI from Ubisoft or EA and jizz all over their pants.

Breakage

This looks like shit, could easily pass for a Wii game.
I can't believe this is from the same guy that made Ninja Gaiden.

Mihos

Gold Member
This is the most dudebro thing I have ever seen.... and I have expendables on blueray.

Also, is he really that much of a bullet sponge, or do they just have damage turned off for the demo?

gorfyako

Banned
Gameplay isn't looking too hot. Like, I have some faith since it's Itagaki, but I'm just not sure how this differentiates from any other brown and grey shooter.

Cuburt

Holy shit it happened!

I was watching the Nintendo Minute like a noob instead of switching between streams like a internet vet.

zma1013

I'm just going to attribute most of this to the game being incomplete. When he was climbing up the ladder, once he reach the top he was still in climbing animation above the ladder.

JoeFenix

God damn is this Unreal Engine 3 or something? It looks abysmal, so fucking jank. You can see how it COULD be fun but man.....

SkylineRKR

I am planning to buy a Wii U for the Bayonetta pack, and Devil's Third is a nice bonus because I always looked out for it.

But honestly the game looks like dog shit. Still, Itagaki must've something cooked up.

B.O.O.M

eh...why was I under the impression this was an already known fact for a while?...was there a rumor thread or something?

Silky

Banned
It's a freaking third/first person shooter now? Wasn't it an action game previously?

It's always been an action shooter, though.

--

Itagaki said if there are any frame/performace drops, that's all on the stream and not the game.

Game's never been a looker but gameplay looks solid. Do want.

Kysen

That ign video was uncomfortable, it's like everyone there knows the game looks bad and is going to bomb but are going through with the reveal anyway. filling gaps in wiius library really?

Pein

Banned
wow, looks like a PS2 3rd person shooter, kinda embarrassing this is what Itagaki has been working on.

Vanilla Ninja gaiden 3 looked better.

Top Bottom