• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil's Third on IGN now Wii U Exclusive

This game looks like shit. The single player demo was ugly and incredibly buggy and the combat looked like a generic cover-based TPS with some melee weapons thrown in. The multiplayer also looked like run of the mill Call of Duty/Battlefield crap except with melee and in third person.

I never had much faith in this, but I'm still disappointed.

madmackem

That looked incredibly unpolished and sloppy, but still somehow a lot of fun.

Fun isnt the word id use, it looks like some 360 game shit out by some no name dev that youd see priced at a fiver. It looked utter shit, gameplay looked awful and if this wasnt from the man that brought you NG it wouldve been laughed off by ign.

Rulp

Gotta be honest, that looked pretty rough. I'm a bit surprised given Itagaki's track record and the # of years this game has been in development. Some bad shit must have happened... repeatedly.

L Thammy

What. Really? I know people were suggesting this before, but I didn't really think it would happen.

Why didn't Nintendo show it off in their stream? If they're publishing it themselves, they have no reason not to.

SkylineRKR

What. Really? I know people were suggesting this before, but I didn't really think it would happen.

Why didn't Nintendo show it off in their stream? If they're publishing it themselves, they have no reason not to.

Because it looks like shit perhaps.

Really, I am glad that this game still lives but I just can't fathom why it can't be like the 2012 reveal.

prag16

Banned
It looks much worse now than in the 2012 trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoGbc9WcKD0

How is such a thing possible?

What? No it doesn't. It looks mostly comparable (though yeah, 2010-2012 PS360 game is about where we're at).

I thought this looks pretty good actually. I'll be interested to learn more about the online. But I hope pointer controls are supported. If not, I'd probably have to wait for bargain bin on this one.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Poor ign guys were all set to chew the fat over Nintendo direct, but instead they've have to humor Itagaki for the past half hour.

sonicmj1

The game looks really rough. It's gotta be at least a year from release, if not more. But the mechanics seem like they can work. It seems like there are a lot of ways to close gaps with melee, and the vertical movement worked well.

If they can get the polish the game needs on the models and the animations, it could be cool.

Because it looks subpar.

Perfectly honest, I could see why neither Sony or Microsoft wanted it (that doesn't mean they did).

I was super excited to see the gameplay but man...

Not exactly what I expected from the first trailer. I assumed there would be more wall running and mobility and switching to 1st person for ADS in a 3rd person game with so much shooting did not look great. I don't know. I guess I expected something a little more "balls to the wall" with melee, shooting, & jumping. Like a whirlwind of death & bullets & sword swings. Instead it was kind of just a TPS with a little deeper melee system and a little quirk. Pretty disappointed so far.

Wii U becoming an excellent system for niche action titles.
There's a difference between janky and niche. I don't believe this game adds this much to the desirability of the console, like say Ninja Blade didn't exactly make the 360 a must have. The real drivers here are these 2/3 P* games, much like other P* games made owning a last gen console necessary (to action fans obviously).

The 2012 trailer looked like a lot of fun.
This looks like a Wii shovelware game.

In 2012 it looked like shit too, most people just ignored that because it was Itagaki's new game and they thought/think the guy is god because he made an average fighting series, one great action game and a mediocre sequel. They basically went on faith; unfortunately faith and reality tend to clash a lot.

Top Bottom